Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Yeah she's a merc and would do things like that for money, it's that in Weapon X-Force she's money mad, to the point of wanting to rob a bank for money, Domino always had more brains and class than that...and if she got offered a HUGE amount of money she'd be VERY skeptical of whoever it was that was offering the money and what and why they came to her with the job and would wonder if the job was the right thing to do, that sometimes it didn't matter how much money they offered, she had standards...

She has standards.......killing people and robbing banks definitely isn't going past them. Besides, for most of the time, she was under Logan's watch.

The only Domino that has actually read like Domino was in Mystery in Madripoor and now Extermination.

Shes a flighty joke in Weapon X
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    She has standards.......killing people and robbing banks definitely isn't going past them. Besides, for most of the time, she was under Logan's watch.
    Years ago she would kill and get money but she didn't have to live a life of outright crime like robbing banks to do it, and I don't think that she ever even gave it up as a suggestion, and there was nothing between she and Logan way back when, in Weapon X-Force it was like the writer trying to make her sound cool and funny, when she's usually the one to be sarcastic and composed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    (like how at the end of #6 Dom conveniently forgot she SPENT TIME ON A TEAM with another person who was raised in a lab and tortured by smiling sociopaths).
    Not the same facility, not at the same time, and I don't recall any instance of her asking Laura about her past so why would she know that anyway?

Another good issue, shame about... *gestures at CBR forums in general*
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Years ago she would kill and get money but she didn't have to live a life of outright crime like robbing banks to do it, and I don't think that she ever even gave it up as a suggestion, and there was nothing between she and Logan way back when, in Weapon X-Force it was like the writer trying to make her sound cool and funny, when she's usually the one to be sarcastic and composed...
    Thankfully, she's better than she was in Weapon X. She hasn't talked about money in 2 chapters. Lol Her one bad moment was gushing like a school girl at Creed x Monet in chapt. 23. Otherwise, we got a swap. I think her WX depiction is better than her solo depiction. Right now.

But like mentioned, she's great in Extermination, which may carry into X-Force. So for anyone not feeling it, her solo could probably be ignored w/o much fuss. It doesn't seem tied too tight to any current story outside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Is Domino not a mercenary? If the opportunity presents itself, why wouldn't she go for the cash?
    Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Not the same facility, not at the same time, and I don't recall any instance of her asking Laura about her past so why would she know that anyway?

Another good issue, shame about... *gestures at CBR forums in general*
    I think Dom would want to know a lil more about the other chicks on the team....or since wolvy and her boned ge would tell her about his "daughter"

Extraordinary Member

I really liked this issue. Sort of makes you realize how far apart a lot of these characters are.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I bought my copy, but I'll read during work tomorrow. I only had time to read Iceman #2 tonight
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I'm kinda getting tired of Domino's posse. I don't want to read about how Outlaw and Diamondback are such great friends every issue. Domino needs to interact with other people.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that Domino, like Cable, really has a lot of close friends...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that Domino, like Cable, really has a lot of close friends...
    More like work buddies. Dom has a lot of work buddies and not a ton of friends. Sort of interested in how she'll interact with Morbius, though.

Ultimate Member

Well then I was right, that she doesn't have a lot of close friends, Cable is her closest friend, or was or will be depending on how all the time travel stuff sorts itself out...

I thought that this was another great issue. I really enjoyed the vampire /horror parts. Morbius being in the crate was predictable seeing as how he is in future solicitations, but it was a fun read all the same, and I'm looking forward to seeing more from Morbius next issue.

The humor was nice as always, in my opinion at least.

Ultimate Member

Domino always had a bit of humor, but it wasn't kind of low brow dopey humor that she's been put to now...more biting sarcasm...