Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Default Domino #7 -Preview

Kinda late, since the chapter will be out in 2 days. But I figured, WTH with a post.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Great preview and I can't help but love that shirt Domino is wearing. I hope I see that at next year's New York Comic Con.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Overall great book but i'm like one issue away from starting a drinking game everytime Domino says she never really had friends before.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Overall great book but i'm like one issue away from starting a drinking game everytime Domino says she never really had friends before.
    Lmao...she says it every time the girls have her back. I like her interactions with the posse though.

The Atlanteans being mentioned is interesting...aren't the Avengers supposed to fight them in their next issue? The Domino book has been solid, I hope this new arc is just as good

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Lmao...she says it every time the girls have her back. I like her interactions with the posse though.

The Atlanteans being mentioned is interesting...aren't the Avengers supposed to fight them in their next issue? The Domino book has been solid, I hope this new arc is just as good
    I enjoy the interactions as well is just at this point we get it, your not use to having friends but your going to go with it. I even understand it may be a mantra for her so she doesn't mess this up and always tries to come from a place of understanding with her friends and what they expect of her but it has literally been said at least two times every issue, including the annual. lol.

Yeah i believe in the Avengers issue coming out this week they are going against Namor. In the preview of it Namor is ready to go to war. A part of me hopes he wins this time simply because he is starting to come off looking like a villain of the week in your average cartoon. Shows up, gets beat down, his people suffer, wash, rinse, repeat.

I do wonder if his no people under the sea extends to mutants as well given that he just housed an entire X-men team in X-men Red. I would like to see his thoughts on the persecution of mutants and if he relates that to how the seas are poisoned by man. Also would the mutants back up Namor, his world is being destroyed if you think about it but this probably isn't the thread for me to be wondering these things. lol.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-09-2018 at 06:53 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Great preview and I can't help but love that shirt Domino is wearing. I hope I see that at next year's New York Comic Con.
    Ha. I love that shirt. But which boyfriend? Cable? Colossus? Warpath? All were in X-Force technically, at some point or another.

I enjoy the interactions as well is just at this point we get it, your not use to having friends but your going to go with it. I even understand it may be a mantra for her so she doesn't mess this up and always tries to come from a place of understanding with her friends and what they expect of her but it has literally been said at least two times every issue, including the annual. lol.
    I don't see it as a mantra, I see it as Domino feeling lucky that she has friends being a defining characteristic of the relationship and for some reason the writer feel they have to re-state this every time because they don't have a good grasp on how to write a friendship. But the book has been great so I'm not complaining.

Yeah i believe in the Avengers issue coming out this week they are going against Namor. In the preview of it Namor is ready to go to war. A part of me hopes he wins this time simply because he is starting to come off looking like a villain of the week in your average cartoon. Shows up, gets beat down, his people suffer, wash, rinse, repeat.

I do wonder if his no people under the sea extends to mutants as well given that he just housed an entire X-men team in X-men Red. I would like to see his thoughts on the persecution of mutants and if he relates that to how the seas are poisoned by man. Also would the mutants back up Namor, his world is being destroyed if you think about it but this probably isn't the thread for me to be wondering these things. lol.
    The Avangers losing? That's never going to happen. It's a shame they are using Namor as a basic villain though, he can be so much more than that. I think he only appeared very briefly in Red to tell the X-Men they would be safe under the ocean. They really missed an opportunity to have the Atlantean interact with the X-Men in Red. I'm wondering if bringing Namor in was the whole point of Searebro and the character got dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. I love that shirt. But which boyfriend? Cable? Colossus? Warpath? All were in X-Force technically, at some point or another.
    It would be hilarious if one of her friends asked who gave her the T-shirt and she's like...you know what I don't remember.

I can't get past the dumb streak in her hair.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I can't get past the dumb streak in her hair.
    Yeah. What's up with that?

She was very close to Tabitha as well as the other members of X-Force during the roadtrip days....smh
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    She was very close to Tabitha as well as the other members of X-Force during the roadtrip days....smh
    Writers forget all sorts of things so they can spin their narrative (like how at the end of #6 Dom conveniently forgot she SPENT TIME ON A TEAM with another person who was raised in a lab and tortured by smiling sociopaths).

This aberration of Domino is Gail!Domino. The real one is over in Extermination and Weapon X-Force.

Ultimate Member

The real Domino is not in her series or in Weapon X-Force, this one is much more humorous and a jokester and immature and such and the latter is seemingly all about money and just off, so neither one seems like the real Domino that may here remember, yes characters change and all but it's a big difference...

Is Domino not a mercenary? If the opportunity presents itself, why wouldn't she go for the cash?