Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default How do you take your coffee?

Watching a lot of Twin Peaks recently so I thought about it... I could make a poll but there are so many ways to make a cup the poll would have 1000 options.

If I'm somewhere outside of my house I love a black cup of coffee but at my home it's a different story. I like a strong cup of Maxwell House with a quarter of a teaspoon of sugar and a drop of milk. Obviously no one can make it the way you do at home so it's not going to be the same and black coffee is wonderful anyways so it's no big deal. What do you like?

BANNED

I do not.
    I never managed to develop a taste for it, which, watching the show, makes me feel a bit like I'm missing out on something.

I do like tea, particularly Earl Grey and lapsong souchon. With some sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I do not.
    I never managed to develop a taste for it, which, watching the show, makes me feel a bit like I'm missing out on something.

I do like tea, particularly Earl Grey and lapsong souchon. With some sugar.
    I like cold tea. It must be an american thing. Hot tea is for when you're sick where I live haha

IThere needs to be a thread Captain Picard and his Earl Grey vs. Dale Cooper and his black coffee.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Watching a lot of Twin Peaks recently so I thought about it... I could make a poll but there are so many ways to make a cup the poll would have 1000 options.

If I'm somewhere outside of my house I love a black cup of coffee but at my home it's a different story. I like a strong cup of Maxwell House with a quarter of a teaspoon of sugar and a drop of milk. Obviously no one can make it the way you do at home so it's not going to be the same and black coffee is wonderful anyways so it's no big deal. What do you like?
    I take it with some carrots and dip? How about you?

Ultimate Member

I drink my coffee black

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I've always liked the SMELL of coffee, but not the TASTE which I can't stand. I prefer tea, hot or cold. By the by, many years ago, I tried Earl Grey once out of curiosity because Jean-Luc Picard drank the stuff, didn't like it in the slightest. Give me plain old Lipton's.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Black with a little sugar.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Boisterously Confused

It depends.

Pure coffee, black, unless its a particularly dark roast, in which case I'll use a little cream, or take it as an Au Lait.

Cappuccinos and Lattes should be left as brewed.

Espressos should be taken black.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I drink my coffee black
    Same here.
    No cream . . . no sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    I like cold tea. It must be an american thing. Hot tea is for when you're sick where I live haha
    Living in the northeast U.S. all my life, my experience is that "tea" is normally served hot; you usually need to specifically say "ice tea" or "cold tea" if you want it that way.
    Down towards the other side of the Mason-Dixon line (or, as some prefer, the "IHOP-Waffle House line") it seems just "tea" usually means ice tea/cold tea, so you may need to sat "hot tea" if you want it that way down there.

I like my coffee how I like my women...bitter.

Huh. Even after having seen so many American TV shows and movies, I never noticed the iced tea vs. hot tea thing. Learn a little every day.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Add me to the Tea over Coffee. Hate the smell and taste of coffee, even if watered down in a ton a milk it still turns me off.

Tea I drink every day, mostly Iced Tea or Iced Green Tea, though on cold days I'd have some hot dark tea with lemon and sugar or honey, or herbal tea, or green tea with a little honey.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Black with Splenda. I used to use tons of Creamer but I needed a little extra edge against my asthma and Black coffee is an excellent Broncial dialater. I can really taste the coffee now and I love it. Don't think I could handle coffee with no sweetner on a regular basis however.

Dark roast, strong, black
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Huh. Even after having seen so many American TV shows and movies, I never noticed the iced tea vs. hot tea thing. Learn a little every day.
    I became more aware of it when a buddy of mine (originally from Kentucky) had his fiancé (who was living in Tennessee at the time) visiting here in Connecticut and we were at a diner. She asked for "tea" and was surprised when they served hot tea instead of iced tea.