Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

With whatever I can find on the store shelves these days...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I've been currently taking my coffee in the form of Wide Awake Coffee - Seattle Dark hoping it would be strong enough to replace my old coffee brands that were no longer good, can you really go wrong with Seattle coffee? I mean they are known for their coffee. Not only is it much cheaper than GM Dark Magic and French Roast but the little cups for my Keurig are more eco-friendly, they aren't plastic and boy is it good! I hope it stays this way and don't end up like the other coffees.

Kicking for the last cover contest.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Batnbreakfast suggested posting mugs. And thanks to Kirby finding the thread I will do that.

Here are my two small mugs. my instant coffee with FV creamer tastes great from these little guys.

Coffee in the half shell Turtle Power

Edit - As a treat you can kind of see a reflection of my handsome face in the microwave

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-10-2021 at 09:59 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

@babyblob- Thank you for being the Vanguard.
    IMG_20210211_210002.jpg
    That's classic Riddler, Joker by Alex Ross (a gift since I don't care for either of them) and an Umbrella Academy mug (from when the comic came out haven't watched the show) from Dark Horse
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 02-12-2021 at 12:21 AM.

Going to choose a nice hot cup right now..........
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Still drinking my Folgers® instant coffee black, but I've had to change from four cups a day to two cups regular / two cups decaffeinated because my blood pressure was acting up again.

Right now I'm enjoying a cup with some Stella D'oro Margherite Combination cookies on the side.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That might have been the movie with the most jokes per second in history. Many of which would give a lot of folks today fits. I miss movies like that, with that many jokes; even if one didn't work, just wait for a few seconds and you're on to another one.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Coffee tastes better during the weekend. My favourite cup is treated like a Faberge Egg since 1989 when it was a gift from my parents. Back then I didn't drink coffee of course.
    IMG_20210213_084437.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Coffee tastes better during the weekend. My favourite cup is treated like a Faberge Egg since 1989 when it was a gift from my parents. Back then I didn't drink coffee of course.
    IMG_20210213_084437.jpg
    Why "of course"?

Was that because of how old you were then, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    IMG_20210213_084437.jpg
    I have that mug and it was a gift as well. From my parents. 1989. Christmas.

Going to have a nice hot cup right now!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Retired

I don't know if I mentioned this before here, but back in the 1980s, when I was a student at the University of Alberta, I would be desperate for my morning coffee at Java Jive before class to wake me up. Man, that was some coffee. The French Roast in particular--but they had a different coffee of the day each day, and sometimes I would walk across the quad to another Jave Jive if they didn't have French Roast in HUB that day, hoping to find it at one of the other joints. That was intense coffee. They later opened up a cafe near my apartment, where one of my friends worked and I could get a free cup of joe every time I visited her.

Years later, when I returned to Edmonton (that cafe was gone), I went to HUB and got that precious French Roast and it knocked my socks off. I had often wondered if my memory was fooling me and it wasn't so strong--but there I had proof, it was.

Haven't gone back to Edmonton for a very long time now, but I have recurring dreams that I'm back there taking classes again and in every dream, I'm desperate to get to the Java Jive for that treasured cup of joe.

The Batman mug which I spoke. It was a test model for a company a friend of mine worked at in creating designs for a mug. Please keep in mind this has been subjected to over 30 years of coffee, dishwashing, and occasional spiking of coffees. I have to admit it is no longer in mint condition.

BatmanMug3.jpgBatmanMug1.jpg

My spouse happened to make me a cup of Earl Gray in my Star Trek mug (they beam up when hot liquid is poured in) but when I drink coffee anymore, it is white coffee.

Regular coffee kills my stomach now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Watching a lot of Twin Peaks recently so I thought about it... I could make a poll but there are so many ways to make a cup the poll would have 1000 options.

If I'm somewhere outside of my house I love a black cup of coffee but at my home it's a different story. I like a strong cup of Maxwell House with a quarter of a teaspoon of sugar and a drop of milk. Obviously no one can make it the way you do at home so it's not going to be the same and black coffee is wonderful anyways so it's no big deal. What do you like?
    Not black and not too hot!

I like it hot and with almost half milk. No sugar!

I usually drink it with some toast, waffle or a pastry with some sweet and butter, hmm yum.