Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Back in the day when I lived in Edmonton and eating donuts was a part of the Alberta lifestyle, I would go to Tim's with my friends. But that was when Timmy's wasn't fancy and was just a donut shop like all the others. Now that it's made itself a Canadian religion, I can never bring myself to go in there. It would be like going to a religious service for a church I don't understand--they even have their own liturgy.

I go to Starbuck's. I started with that religion when it was just beginning and I understand the practices. It's not normal to have the server put the cream and sugar in for you--for a regular cup of coffee (which is what I get, dark roast). I hear that they put it in for you at Tim's, which is how you can order a double/double. I think that's weird. The only time that happens at a Starbuck's is at the airport--or in some foreign countries they might do that because they don't want people stealing the cream and sugar. Luckily I don't have to worry, because I don't have cream or sugar with my coffee, but I wouldn't want to trust someone else to add sugar and milk to my coffee. They would most likely get the wrong amount.
    I'm only passingly familiar with Tim Horton's but the New England obsession with Dunkin' Donuts seems much like what you describe.

A nice mug of Hazelnut coffee tonight. It was yum-yummy!

I dont like brewed coffe. I only like instant. I drink Folgers instant with milk. 2 percent not creamer and sugar. Just a spoonful.
    Favorite teams. Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I dont like brewed coffe. I only like instant. I drink Folgers instant with milk. 2 percent not creamer and sugar. Just a spoonful.
    Brewed coffee is good, but since I'm the only coffee drinker it's not worth the effort for me. So I just do Folgers instant by nuking some water in the microwave. (Don't add any milk / cream / sugar/ sweetener, though.)
    I use to get Taster's Choice as well sometimes, but Folger's is about just as good and costs less.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Brewed coffee is good, but since I'm the only coffee drinker it's not worth the effort for me. So I just do Folgers instant by nuking some water in the microwave. (Don't add any milk / cream / sugar/ sweetener, though.)
    I use to get Taster's Choice as well sometimes, but Folger's is about just as good and costs less.
    There are coffee makers for single cup and for 4 cup capacities.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's funny, at my day job we have several of those, but they only are used by our clients. The staff and the management brew a couple of big pots that we all drink from during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's funny, at my day job we have several of those, but they only are used by our clients. The staff and the management brew a couple of big pots that we all drink from during the day.
    They work well for people when they're the only coffee drinker.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Too much effort compared to heating water for several minutes in the microwave and then pouring that into a mug. (Easier cleanup, too, and less mess to dispose of.)

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Back in my single days, I would often use those old International instant coffees in the rectangular can.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

All-New Member

First off....I LOVE COFFEE!!!!! I drink it black & smooth. Coffee is in it's best form, boiled & strained. In fact...I think I'll have a cup now.

Black. Not a fan of sugar or dairy products in my coffee. I prefer an Americano (espresso with a dash of boiled water) when I can get it. I make Americanos with a stovetop espresso maker and a kettle since my beloved expresso machine died a few years ago. I order double short Americanos if I go to Starbucks. Black drip coffee will do when I'm at work because it is free.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I do like tea, particularly Earl Grey and lapsong souchon. With some sugar.
    I can get on board with this. Green, Herbal, and English breakfast are among my favorites as well.

After picking up a cd over the weekend that was produced for Starbucks

Blue Note Blend (Vol. 1) - various artists
    (Ⓟ Ⓒ 1995 Capitol Records, Inc.)
    I'm tempted to stop in a store for some coffee.

Having a cup of Folgers® Classic Roast instant coffee (black, no sugar)

along with some Stella D'oro® Swiss Fudge® Cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Having a cup of Folgers® Classic Roast instant coffee (black, no sugar)

along with some Stella D'oro® Swiss Fudge® Cookies.

The old lady down the street would make Folgers and eat Stella D'Oro outside on her porch.