Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

To paraphrase Obama when he was discussing the use of ketchup on a hot dog, "I drink my coffee black, the way all adults should. Anyone over the age of 16 who ruins it with milk or sugar needs an intervention."

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I only drink instant. Cant stand brewed. But some days and I dont know how I really mess it up. Somewhere between pouting the packet in my cup and boiling the water something bad happens. Scooby and the gang couldnt solve this mystery.
    I'm just curious. Is the issue that the coffee has a burnt taste to it? The reason I ask is that it seems to me that instant coffee has something in common with a French press: namely pouring hot water directly over the coffee.

Years ago I tried get fancy and use a French press. The coffee just seemed to always have a burnt taste to it; so I went back to the drip method. Later on, someone suggested that I shouldn't have used water that had been at a rolling boil. They claimed that would scald the coffee grounds and give it that burnt taste. They suggested using water that was "just shy" of a boil.

Not sure if that applies to instant. But maybe worth investigating.

Here's hoping that the next cup is a good one.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

True, boiling water will give coffee a burnt taste or at least, an altered taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    I'm just curious. Is the issue that the coffee has a burnt taste to it? The reason I ask is that it seems to me that instant coffee has something in common with a French press: namely pouring hot water directly over the coffee.

Years ago I tried get fancy and use a French press. The coffee just seemed to always have a burnt taste to it; so I went back to the drip method. Later on, someone suggested that I shouldn't have used water that had been at a rolling boil. They claimed that would scald the coffee grounds and give it that burnt taste. They suggested using water that was "just shy" of a boil.

Not sure if that applies to instant. But maybe worth investigating.

Here's hoping that the next cup is a good one.
    That must be what I am doing wrong. Thanks for the heads up.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

getdistributors

Huh. Even after having seen so many American TV shows and movies, I never noticed the iced tea vs. hot tea thing. Learn a little every day.

I just had French Vanilla creamer in my coffee for the first time. I freaken loved it. I usually use milk but I was out of milk and used this. I am going to switch from now on.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I just had French Vanilla creamer in my coffee for the first time. I freaken loved it. I usually use milk but I was out of milk and used this. I am going to switch from now on.
    Yeah, ya gotta live alittle!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, ya gotta live alittle!
    I feel like a wildman.

We tend not to keep flavored creamer at our house; due to my wife not really caring for it all that much. But when I'm traveling, I find myself snatching up a French Vanilla or other flavors when the opportunity is there. It's nice to break out of the typical routine at times.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

I feel like a wildman.
    If you feel like a wildman now, just wait until you try all of the other assorted flavors, like Oreo Cookie, Strawberry Cheesecake, etc!!

At that point, ya might be howling!

If you feel like a wildman now, just wait until you try all of the other assorted flavors, like Oreo Cookie, Strawberry Cheesecake, etc!!

At that point, ya might be howling!
    They make those? For real? I only knew about French V and Hazelnut. Where the Hell have I been?

Oreo Cookie? I'm suddenly feeling deprived.

They make those? For real? I only knew about French V and Hazelnut. Where the Hell have I been?
    Yes, for shizzle, they make those for real!

But you do not want to overwhelm the tastebuds--probably better to work up to those 2.

In the meantime, there are lots of other flavors you can try like Irish Creme and Butterscotch.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Like I take my women: Not at all.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Yes, for shizzle, they make those for real!

But you do not want to overwhelm the tastebuds--probably better to work up to those 2.

In the meantime, there are lots of other flavors you can try like Irish Creme and Butterscotch.
    Thanks for the heads up. I am going to look into those when I go to the store next.