Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would say that the Batman and Robin and BTAS Robin suits were clearly the same as the '90s Robin suit, but I don't think its true to say that any other one was directly inspired by that. The Batman's Robin suit had green pants yes, but no red trunks or black boots. It instead had green boots reminiscient of Dick's pixie boots. The Teen Titans Robin had green pants yes, but does that make it Tim's suit? No stylized "R," no ninja toed shoes, no ruffles on the gloves or shoulders. So in my opinion they are no closer to Tim's suit than Dick's.

And of course, the B:TNA, Young Justice, and Titans suits look nothing like Tim's Robin costume. Nor does any variation of Damian's costume in comics or cartoons. Unless of course wearing pants is a game-changing idea that could only have been started by Tim and not Earth-2 Robin.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

B&R?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I would say that the Batman and Robin and BTAS Robin suits were clearly the same as the '90s Robin suit, but ....
    Wasn't the Neal Adam's suit designed for(dropped) Dick Grayson in the '89 Batman film?
    That later became the comic and Animated series Robin suit.
    https://comicbook.com/2014/12/17/thr...hind-tim-drak/

'89:Neal Adams Robin:

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah.It was designed for Dick.
    It's funny how fans always complain about Dick getting Tim's suit in other media like TT, TT Go and now Titans. He's just wearing his suit.

The "Tim Suit" is really "Dick suit".
    Ok, thanks. Thaught so.
    Looks like some fans really want to write-away this narrative.
    Or make the fact disappear.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-12-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Retired

When the regular costume got damaged, Dick was loaned a diffrent outfit by Richard Grayson of Earth-Two, in JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA No. 92 (September 1971)--designed, as he says, by "Neal Adams." It was the same costume that Earth-Two Robin would later adopt for himself.

earth2robin1-57becdfa3df78cc16ee98f7a.jpg

And I liked how Marshall Rogers made a slight change to the Robin costume for his classic DETECTIVE run. As seen in issue 473 (November 1977), where the collar rips open.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    B&R?

Wasn't the Neal Adam's suit designed for(dropped) Dick Grayson in the '89 Batman film?
    That later became the comic and Animated series Robin suit.
    https://comicbook.com/2014/12/17/thr...hind-tim-drak/

'89:Neal Adams Robin:

Ok, thanks. Thaught so.
    Looks like some fans really want to write-away this narrative.
    Or make the fact disappear.

It's not brought up ever. I hear fans constantly talk about how Tim and his outfit redefined Robin. I only found out recently that it was created for Dick by Neal after I read an interview in Titans companion 2.

I wish it was a better known fact because then it would end all the complaining about Dick being given Tim's outfit in outside media.