Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 616 Dr. DOOM VS MCU

Doom is dropped onto Ego's planet. All of MCU forces are on one side of the planet. Doom is on the other. No Dormammu, Reality, or Time stone. Space ships are limited to what main or named characters used only.

Can Victor win?

Round 2: Doom gets help from 616 Fantastic Four.

I'm not sure what he's supposed to do to stop Ego from ruining his day
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm not sure what he's supposed to do to stop Ego from ruining his day
    Ovoid Mind Switcheroo
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ovoid Mind Switcheroo
    On a sentient planet that can project images into the minds of others and create its form from sheer will?

I mean... I guess? What's the best thing he's used it on? Does it have range requirements? Cause Egos core is waaay below the surface.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

On a sentient planet that can project images into the minds of others and create its form from sheer will?

I mean... I guess? What's the best thing he's used it on? Does it have range requirements? Cause Egos core is waaay below the surface.
    I mean you're talking about Will, when 616 Doom is involved. Also, MCU Ego doesn't have much in the way of mental resistances (Mantis being able to contain his planet-mind). IIRC he used it in combat to jump from Sue, to Johnny, to Ben but I'm not sure if the high end.

Regardless, it should work on everyone here barring maybe the Vision.

Or he could just magic it up.

No one here is string enough to bust the Crimson Bands, except perhaps Ego, and Thanos .. and y'know. Ovoid
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 10-09-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I mean you're talking about Will, when 616 Doom is involved. Also, MCU Ego doesn't have much in the way of mental resistances (Mantis being able to contain his planet-mind). IIRC he used it in combat to jump from Sue, to Johnny, to Ben but I'm not sure if the high end.

Regardless, it should work on everyone here barring maybe the Vision.

Or he could just magic it up.

No one here is string enough to bust the Crimson Bands, except perhaps Ego, and Thanos .. and y'know. Ovoid
    Thats a good point with Mantis. Still, if he has to be kinda close to the guys brain, that should be a big problem for Doom. I'm curious on the range most of all.
    - big_adventure

Thats a good point with Mantis. Still, if he has to be kinda close to the guys brain, that should be a big problem for Doom. I'm curious on the range most of all.
    Line of sight, seems to be. He only ever looks at someone, IIRC. So if Ego is in human form, or he locks eyes with Thanos ... pretty well swings this more in his favor.

I'd also argue Doom's shields and the like would survive an Ego pummeling long enough to magic up something nasty. He's got a considerable amount of time on his hands given the scenario.

Arx Inosaan

Line of sight, seems to be. He only ever looks at someone, IIRC. So if Ego is in human form, or he locks eyes with Thanos ... pretty well swings this more in his favor.

I'd also argue Doom's shields and the like would survive an Ego pummeling long enough to magic up something nasty. He's got a considerable amount of time on his hands given the scenario.
    https://youtu.be/pBQyTN8QuH4
    6:31

He can survive that for a bit, but id argue if he can't get line of sight on Egos core, the dude just keeps smooshing him around in a few thousand tons of rock for a 10 count prison or some such.
    - big_adventure

https://youtu.be/pBQyTN8QuH4
    6:31

He can survive that for a bit, but id argue if he can't get line of sight on Egos core, the dude just keeps smooshing him around in a few thousand tons of rock for a 10 count prison or some such.
    Eh, he should be able to teleport himself just fine, and he doesn't need Ego. Thanos is there. Thanos doesn't have much in the way of mental defenses, either.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Doesn't the mind swap specifically require eye contact? That doesn't seem likely to work on Ego.

Anyway, how's Doom for teleportation? Seems like if he can avoid getting dog piled too hard he should be able to do this. A straight fight might not go his way but using hit and run tactics plus buying time for prep and/or power jacking the more potent players seems possible. Like, if this were a comic, I'd see him porting in, crimson banding to keep folks occupied, then snatching Star Lord and some tech, and using the two to build a device to let him take over Ego. But that requires him having access to a certain level of mobility and I'm not sure his suit and magic provides it.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Doesn't the mind swap specifically require eye contact? That doesn't seem likely to work on Ego.
    Dude does explicitly create a fully-functioning, biological body (complete with working eyes) that is directly linked to his mind.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ego is Snake Plissken.

Arx Inosaan

Ego is Snake Plissken.
    Well, yes. But still.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Doom is dropped onto Ego's planet. All of MCU forces are on one side of the planet. Doom is on the other. No Dormammu, Reality, or Time stone. Space ships are limited to what main or named characters used only.

Can Victor win?

Round 2: Doom gets help from 616 Fantastic Four.
    Are we including the giant fire dude who used his sword to destroy Asgard in this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Dude does explicitly create a fully-functioning, biological body (complete with working eyes) that is directly linked to his mind.
    I'm going to put this another way for clarity's sake.

Mantis could mess with Ego's mind, making him sleep, by touching the world. Or his 'remote-controlled' body.

I can't see why Doom couldn't at least TRY the mind transfer through the (perfectly biologically sound) eyes of the remote-controlled body, himself. Whether or not it works on Ego gets into the whole 'does it seem to have a limit on the swapping thing?' business. And Ego doesn't exactly seem to have massive mental defenses, given how Mantis put a pretty honked off Ego to sleep.
    Why are we here?