Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Ross Marquand on Walking Dead is a straight actor that plays a gay man. I don’t recall anyone complaining about that.

The black face complaint was pretty valid.
    The darkening of her face for the film wasn’t the cleverest idea by far... but the complaints about her being not black enough came as soon as she was cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I think this suit looks kind of cheap to be honest. A bland slanted belt, a slightly overexaggerated bat symbol, some one-note textures and the cape is the worst offender. I didn't expect much from a CW suit, but a bit better given the hoopla. Not for me, but it'll get the job done annnnd might be better in action.
    Not trying to be snarky, but you do understand this is on a network TV budget, right? And that they have to build at least a dozen of these suits? It looks great.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Not trying to be snarky, but you do understand this is on a network TV budget, right? And that they have to build at least a dozen of these suits? It looks great.
    Absolutely. C'mon not only did I mention that, but I even left the door open for it to impress me later on. It's just not for me, thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    No matter how good something looks we are still going to get people that complain about it because some people are never happy about anything. I think it looks very comic book accurate,
    considering a real costume has to be made of real materials and be practical enough for the actor to act in and do the action sequences without it falling apart. To me she looks like Batwoman.
    Which is all that really matters.

iMan 42s

I'm not gonna be that person that's like "everybody has to complain" because that's bullshit and things really can look bad on television or things don't work for advertisements.

The thing is, this promo does the costume no favors. The promo-shot is not blended well at all and so it makes the costume stick out more. There really is nothing wrong with the costume itself, it's just that the way they shot the costume and put it on a nice background is all kinds of ass. My college professors would laugh at this kind of work. They don't even simulate lighting correctly.

But overall she looks fine. The only thing I would change is the cowl but that's more in response to how they fucked up on the blending and lighting for the promo.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.