Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ok. One more time. I'm slow. Why can't the CE showrunners take over the DCEU?

I know the CW shows have some misses...their Jimmy Olsen is ridiculous (no offense to the actor), and a few other things, but for the most part they're really good at casting!

Superman is my favorite hero, and I DESPERATELY want a Tyler Hoechlin Superman movie. I think they've done him even better than even the Chris Reeve Superman (I know. I know. I was an 80's kids so even I think I'm being blasphemous).

Plus, why do a Flash or Supergirl movie when you're only going to be re-hashing the TV series, both of which I like?

I think they should combine the Supergirl and Arrow/Flash Earths and on that earth keep whatever you want from the movie universe (like the Gadot/Jenkins Wonder Woman), and dump the things the TV universe did better, like the Tyler Hoechlin Superman and incorporate those instead.

Then you do a Tyler Hoechlin/Elizabeth Tulloch Superman movie, with some big name stars as Lex Luthor (I think Nic Cage would be PREFECT!), Perry White, etc. to make it feel more big budget movie like (Hey, it worked for the first Superman movie!)

You then keep most of the 'A-list' DC characters in the movies, and the B-listers on TV, with one exception...The Flash...you put out a Green Lantern movie, and have the friendship between the DCEU GL and the CE Flash be the "glue" between the shows and the movies.

But most of all...I want more of the Tyler Hoechlin Superman!!!

(Oh and for the Superman movie, I'd also introduce Ron Troupe as a younger, nerdy, photographer who looks up to Supes, kind of like the "James" Olsen on the CW 'Supergirl' should've actually been Ron Troupe).

So...why can't they do this? ??
    Last edited by edpower; 10-14-2018 at 01:28 PM.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

It wouldn't end well
    The J-man

Greg Berlanti, who is in charge of the CW shows, did try to do a DC Movie with Green Lantern, which is one of the most critically derided superhero movies of the post-Iron Man era.

Berlanti has had a lot of success in TV, but I just don't think he's a movie guy. The mawkish cutseypoo stuff that's in a lot of his shows is not something I want to see in a movie. There's enough good stuff in his TV seasons that I can overlook the bad stuff, but a movie is a one-shot event every few years, and it has to be done right. I don't think Berlanti and his crew are the ones to do it. I also don't think the actors are capable of giving off that movie star wattage for the most part.

Tyler Hoechlin starring in a Superman movie? Just no.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Casting isn't the issue with the DCEU. I'll say it's one of the few things they nailed.

Incredible Member

Yeah

They actually know how to use Brandon Routh properly.:-P
    Last edited by shades of eternity; 10-15-2018 at 10:45 AM.

I like the CW shows but they have issues first and foremost to me is love interests take over even over shadowing the hero Felicity, Iris and "We are Flash", and Mon-El I fear for Legends with Ava. I don't need Mera being the focus of a Aquaman film or Steve Trevor overshadowing Wonder Woman.

The DCEU seems to be on course Aquaman and Shazam look fantastic my only fear for Aquaman is Mary Poppins Returns got some early good word of mouth and Bumblebee is the transformers film my generation has waited decades for so I wish it was moved but outside of that Aquaman looks like it could be not only the best DCEU film but a classic for the genre.

You also have the Joker film which looks good DCEU should keep their current course stop being reactionary oh and sign HC and make a Man of Steel 2 with Brainiac and introduce Supergirl if they want to add her to the DCEU.

Well, there's no doubt that both Bumblebee and Mary Poppins will do better than an Aquaman movie unless Bumblebee gets terrible reviews, but even then it's going for largely the same audience.

I think at this stage, Warners is hoping for Aquaman to be well-reviewed by critics, well-received by those who see it, and make a little money. All Aquaman needs to do is turn the tide of bad reviews and get people feeling more positively about the DC brand. If it does, it might lead to better returns for the subsequent Shazam movie. If Shazam is likewise well-received, it will create even more momentum for the Wonder Woman sequel, which is already seen as a slam dunk for the DCEU.

Aquaman just has to START the process of turning the tide, so to speak, and I'm sure Warner execs will be happy and more optimistic about the future of the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Well, there's no doubt that both Bumblebee and Mary Poppins will do better than an Aquaman movie unless Bumblebee gets terrible reviews, but even then it's going for largely the same audience.

I think at this stage, Warners is hoping for Aquaman to be well-reviewed by critics, well-received by those who see it, and make a little money. All Aquaman needs to do is turn the tide of bad reviews and get people feeling more positively about the DC brand. If it does, it might lead to better returns for the subsequent Shazam movie. If Shazam is likewise well-received, it will create even more momentum for the Wonder Woman sequel, which is already seen as a slam dunk for the DCEU.

Aquaman just has to START the process of turning the tide, so to speak, and I'm sure Warner execs will be happy and more optimistic about the future of the DCEU.
    Yeah, this got me worried with the competition Aquaman has which could be a major x-factor as well as movie goers listening more to Rotten Tomatoes than traditional movie critics. China is releasing it two weeks earlier and not the U.S. Wish this would happen as well.

if Bumblebee does well domestically after the last 3 or 4 Bay films thats not a good look for the US audience.
    The J-man

BANNED

I think there is enormous doubt that Bumblebee will out sell Aquaman.

Astonishing Member

I'm going with Aquaman for the KO of the three. Bumblebee has to win a lot fans back after the last two Transformers and Mary Poppins is going to be interesting to see how many families will flock to see her.

I would love Aquaman to land at #1 at the box office, but I just can't see how a Disney film--especially one released for the holiday--will NOT take the crown.

It really will be a battle for second place, and I just think right now the DCEU brand is looked upon more unfavorably than pretty much any other franchise brand--especially in the SciFi/Fantasy category.

If there is a magic combination of stellar reviews for Aquaman and crappy reviews for Bumblebee, then maybe Aquaman has a shot at number 2, but my most realistic prediction--rather than my personal wish--will be that Aquaman lands at number 3.

Again, when all is said and done, the takeaway from these movies is the perception of how good they are rather than their box office. BvS has the highest box office gross of the DCEU, but that doesn't stop people from deeming it a failure. If people just have a positive perception of the Aquaman movie, regardless of its actual final box office, then it will have done its job in rebuilding the DCEU brand.

I would love Aquaman to land at #1 at the box office, but I just can't see how a Disney film--especially one released for the holiday--will NOT take the crown.

It really will be a battle for second place, and I just think right now the DCEU brand is looked upon more unfavorably than pretty much any other franchise brand--especially in the SciFi/Fantasy category.

If there is a magic combination of stellar reviews for Aquaman and crappy reviews for Bumblebee, then maybe Aquaman has a shot at number 2, but my most realistic prediction--rather than my personal wish--will be that Aquaman lands at number 3.

Again, when all is said and done, the takeaway from these movies is the perception of how good they are rather than their box office. BvS has the highest box office gross of the DCEU, but that doesn't stop people from deeming it a failure. If people just have a positive perception of the Aquaman movie, regardless of its actual final box office, then it will have done its job in rebuilding the DCEU brand.
    I'd say it's Mary Poppins, then Aquaman, then Bumblebee. But I have a hard time seeing Bumblebee beat Aquaman.

If Michael Bay directing I'd say Aquaman wins hands down but he's not and then they showed this

https://goo.gl/images/jeRVVZ

The Bee is going to give Aquaman competition IMO.

Because as much as Bumblebee has the baggage of the Bayformers Aquaman has the baggage of the DCEU and Bumblebee like Mary Poppins Returns has nostalgia going for it.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-15-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    if Bumblebee does well domestically after the last 3 or 4 Bay films thats not a good look for the US audience.
    Why? There are plenty of other really dumb frachises in markets where the local industry can rival Hollywwod. China is tricky because they do exclude US movies but they also have censorship. Japan and India has plenty of dumb on the big screen.