Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Define "complete disaster" Marvel has the top 2 movies of the year with over 3 billion dollars gross. I think they're gonna be okay without Gunn.
    How's Guardians 3's production going? Indefinite hiatus.

How big a PR problem is it that WB hired Gunn? The reception has been pretty positive overall.

Yeah, Disney pissed away millions of dollars because of a smear campaign and took a huge PR hit.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I hope they go the route of having the squad have to hunt down a bunch of Dangerous D.C. villians that escape a breakout orchestrated by Banes men to get him out. Or having the Squad go on a mission to take out Vandal Savage.

I don't know how people think Marvel looks bad in this. Your average moviegoer is barely following or even aware this is happening.

Disney can take anything not named Star Wars and turn it to gold and ti has for over 20 some years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Not quite - Whedon was called in to deal with a film that was already fairly complete, and as a result it felt like 2 different films taped together. Gunn will be on board from the start of this, which is a much better place no matter who is directing.
    I still see this as DC jumping at Marvel's left overs. They want to make an Avengers with Justice League. Didn't like the direction Zack went. Than low and behold they got the director of Avengers. They wanted Suicide Squad to be Guardians of the Galaxy and low and behold they got the director for Guardians of the Galaxy.

And DC doesn't have a Feige to kind of reel James Gunn in.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't know how people think Marvel looks bad in this. Your average moviegoer is barely following or even aware this is happening.

Disney can take anything not named Star Wars and turn it to gold and ti has for over 20 some years.

I still see this as DC jumping at Marvel's left overs. They want to make an Avengers with Justice League. Didn't like the direction Zack went. Than low and behold they got the director of Avengers. They wanted Suicide Squad to be Guardians of the Galaxy and low and behold they got the director for Guardians of the Galaxy.

And DC doesn't have a Feige to kind of reel James Gunn in.
    Fair or not, I do think Gunn and DC will sort of be perceived as getting marvels sloppy seconds at this point. The fact that DC tried using Whedon to turn Justice League into Avengers and failed will add a bit more pressure to really make suicide squad work for both Gunn and DC.

Again, not entirely fair to put them in that uphill battle but it is what it is. We'll see whether or not they can turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    How's Guardians 3's production going? Indefinite hiatus.

How big a PR problem is it that WB hired Gunn? The reception has been pretty positive overall.

Yeah, Disney pissed away millions of dollars because of a smear campaign and took a huge PR hit.
    HOnestly I'm more worried about Gunn and DC than marvel at this point.

If Gunn were to do anything other than a DC super hero movie I think the momentum from getting fired from marvel might actually help him. But doing a DC movie will automatically mean he's competing with his previous marvel stuff... if he doesn't do as comparatively well as his Guardians stuff then he'll be wiping a bit of egg of fhis face. The flip side though is that if Suicide Squad can really knock it out of the park, it would sort of be giving marvel and Disney the finger. But that's sort of an uphill battle given the DCU is sort of in a hole it's digging to fight out of.

It's sort of the non-wrestling equivalent of Vince Russo jumping from WWE to WCW (though the circumstances are entirely different). Fair or not, his ability to replicate his success will determine how people perceive him.

So, DC is picking up Marvel's trash eh?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He ate the Power Gem, said stupid stuff all the time, was dimmer than the Hulk at times, and couldn't land for ****.

I hear a lot of that in MCU Drax, personally.

Hahahaha.... Got him

Hate when people think they know what they are talking about
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    So, DC is picking up Marvel's trash eh?
    They already did that when they hired Patty Jenkins.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    And that turned out spectacularly well.

Justice League was a crap shoot with interference and cynicism from the studio from day one.

I'm not defending Whedon here but there was not much that could be done again when he came. Without further bloating the budget to something even more ridiculous than the $300 million budget.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Fair or not, I do think Gunn and DC will sort of be perceived as getting marvels sloppy seconds at this point. The fact that DC tried using Whedon to turn Justice League into Avengers and failed will add a bit more pressure to really make suicide squad work for both Gunn and DC.

Again, not entirely fair to put them in that uphill battle but it is what it is. We'll see whether or not they can turn it around.
    Whedon was essentially hired to do reshoots.

Gunn (and Patty Jenkins) were hired to make films from the ground-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WW is a good movie, but I honestly expected more from Patty Jenkins, since she directed Monster. Oh well, I guess there isn't a lot someone can do with a script like that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I hope they go the route of having the squad have to hunt down a bunch of Dangerous D.C. villians that escape a breakout orchestrated by Banes men to get him out. Or having the Squad go on a mission to take out Vandal Savage.
    I actually liked one of the rumored ideas where the Squad gets sent to Kandahq to take down a ruthless dictator--where they run into Black Adam.

May bot exactly be rhe ground up since it's a sequal, but we'll see.

Vut we'll see. Like I said earlier if SS knocks it out of the ball park, he can figuratively give the finger to Disney amd marvel. If it doesn't rhrn it becomes more of a Vince Russo scenario. We'll see if he can replicate his sucess or not.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    May bot exactly be rhe ground up since it's a sequal, but we'll see.

Vut we'll see. Like I said earlier if SS knocks it out of the ball park, he can figuratively give the finger to Disney amd marvel. If it doesn't rhrn it becomes more of a Vince Russo scenario. We'll see if he can replicate his sucess or not.
    ???

Huh?

(Are you drunk?)

I suspect if Snyder had been fired like some at WB wanted and Whedon was on Justice League from the beginning we would have gotten a lot better movie. I doubt we would have had mustache-gate.