Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Batman v. Superman was still one of the worst movies I have ever seen. They should never have given him Justice League in the first place.
    Critical response aside, BvS did make money. So you can at least made an argument that they were justified in allowing him to keep things going. Not saying I was the biggest fan of Batman vs Superman either... but in the least I'm not entirely sure allowing him to just do his movie would have been any worse than what ended up happening. Probably would have at leaste been cheaper. But I guess we'll never know.

Batman v. Superman was still one of the worst movies I have ever seen. They should never have given him Justice League in the first place.
    Regardless of how you feel about it, Justice League makes BvS look like Lawrence of Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Critical response aside, BvS did make money. So you can at least made an argument that they were justified in allowing him to keep things going. Not saying I was the biggest fan of Batman vs Superman either... but in the least I'm not entirely sure allowing him to just do his movie would have been any worse than what ended up happening. Probably would have at leaste been cheaper. But I guess we'll never know.
    Significantly. WB drove the production tab up considerably by bringing in Joss and changing things up. They only gave a damn about their bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Regardless of how you feel about it, Justice League makes BvS look like Lawrence of Arabia.
    I just thought Justice League was dull and lifeless.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WB began shooting Justice League in the same week BvS hit theaters. They were confident audiences would enjoy their direction and it blew up in their face.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I'm beginning to think the WB doesn't know what they are doing with the DC movies.
    Congratulations on catching up to the rest of the class.

I think if the movie won't be a direct sequel, they would still have at least Deadshot on the team. Maybe Captain Boomerang. And maybe they cast Bautista as Bane. Harley's probably out- she'll be in that BoP trainwreck. So who else would fill out the team?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Whedon bombing at Justice League in hindsight probably isn't tgat much of a surprise given the circumstances (though at the time I admitted was hopeful).

Him completely abandoning ship of Batgirl was a bit of a shocker though. Part of me can't help but wonder if he simply didnt want to work with the DC movies anymore.
    I think he said that when he sat down and tried to get an idea for a story, he just couldn't come up with one that was satisfactory. I'm wondering if he's just gone to the well once too often, and he finally realized it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WB began shooting Justice League in the same week BvS hit theaters. They were confident audiences would enjoy their direction and it blew up in their face.
    I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think he said that when he sat down and tried to get an idea for a story, he just couldn't come up with one that was satisfactory. I'm wondering if he's just gone to the well once too often, and he finally realized it.
    I know that's what he said.. but shouldn't he have had an idea for the movie BEFORE DC hired him for the job? Or at least before they announced him as directing the movie? If that's not how DC works, it's no wonder they're in the mess they are in.

Batman v. Superman was still one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
    You can't have seen very many movies then to say you didn't like it I get but one of the worst you've ever seen that's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You can't have seen very many movies then to say you didn't like it I get but one of the worst you've ever seen that's crazy.
    I've seen plenty of movies. BvS was bad...

I've seen plenty of movies. BvS was bad...
    It was bad in a lot of people's opinions I may disagree but I totally understand and respect that but to say it's one of the wost movies you've ever seen that I don't get I mean have you seen the baby or black devel doll from hell?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It was bad in a lot of people's opinions I may disagree but I totally understand and respect that but to say it's one of the wost movies you've ever seen that I don't get I mean have you seen the baby or black devel doll from hell?
    I didn't say it was the worst movie I have ever seen. Just one of the worst movies.

I didn't say it was the worst movie I have ever seen. Just one of the worst movies.
    Come on man I can think of at least 100 movies way way worst lol.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I actually liked one of the rumored ideas where the Squad gets sent to Kandahq to take down a ruthless dictator--where they run into Black Adam.
    I like that Idea.