Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the difference is that Drax had nowhere near the level of recognition and popularity Bane did by the time Gunn so heavily revamped him.
    They made Thor funny, as hes as recognizable as any character short of the A listers.

I think marvel as popularized the notion of super hero movies being funny to the point where pretty much everyone is shooting out a few one liners here and there.

Batista is a fan of Bane ... so ... I don't think he'd be Drax 2.0. But probably more like his Mr. Hinx in Bond with some pro wrestling over-the-top theatrics that would be perfect for Bane, IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Are you serious? Physically, he's perfect. But Gunn cannot write Bane like he wrote Drax. Bane can't be spouting awful, awful jokes.
    Bautista can probably play more than one type of character.

This is a bad idea. If the DC universe had been making good movies, this might be more of a lateral. If this fails, he is justifying his firing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    So can Jason Alexander. People still see him as George Costanza.

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/sta...64974812430337

Bautista wants in. A true ride or die friend if ever there was one.

Where do I sign up!

"James Gunn Boards ‘Suicide Squad 2’ To Write And Possibly Direct – Deadline"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    So can Jason Alexander. People still see him as George Costanza.
    Since Bautista isn't really green, they can probably make him look different.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course prior to the movie coming out, most people would probably argue Drax the Destroyer can't be spouting aweful aweful jokes. If marvel has proven anything it's that any character can theoretically go around spouting aweful aweful jokes.
    Count me in as one who does not look fondly upon that goofy version of Drax the Destroyer who spouts aweful, aweful jokes. In fact, back when GotG came out, I had my son read Annihilation afterward and asked him whether he preferred the movie version of Drax or the comic book/Annihilation version. He immediately said the comic book version.....As such, that is two generations of males in my family who do not look fondly upon that goofy version of Drax the Destroyer who spouts aweful, aweful jokes.

Bautista showed he has range in Blade Runner 2049. I was honestly surprised when I saw that, as, previously, all I'd seen of him in celluloid were his roles in GotG and one of the Bond films.

Course prior to the movie coming out, most people would probably argue Drax the Destroyer can't be spouting aweful aweful jokes. If marvel has proven anything it's that any character can theoretically go around spouting aweful aweful jokes.
    I didn't like Gunn's treatment of Drax, either. Things really went off the rails in GOTGVol2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Count me in as one who does not look fondly upon that goofy version of Drax the Destroyer who spouts aweful, aweful jokes. In fact, back when GotG came out, I had my son read Annihilation afterward and asked him whether he preferred the movie version of Drax or the comic book/Annihilation version. He immediately said the comic book version.....As such, that is two generations of males in my family who do not look fondly upon that goofy version of Drax the Destroyer who spouts aweful, aweful jokes.
    Excellent. This again proves why those who embrace the filmic iterations of these characters are mostly non-readers.

Wasn't Drax goofy or childish before Annihilation revamped his character?

Extraordinary Member

As far as Suicide Squad goes, any news is good news as pretty much anything is an imrovement over the last guy.

Unless of course it's an issue of the studio messing things up, in which case it probaby won't matter who is at the helm.

I've been burned by DC to the point where I won't bother getting excited about the news... but in the least, I think it's a good fit.
    It says a lot about how badly DC has dropped the ball with their movies that everybody assumes that they will somehow even manage to screw up
    poaching one of Marvel Studio's better Directors.

Like DC can't even be trusted to properly use talent that they "steal".

Wasn't Drax goofy or childish before Annihilation revamped his character?
    You mean this guy?

Goofy?

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Excellent. This again proves why those who embrace the filmic iterations of these characters are mostly non-readers.
    You mean the vast majority of people who are exposed to the character? You know, you don't get a medal for reading comic books. Jim Starlin isn't gonna give you an award for liking the comic book version more.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    LOL @ Disney.

Batista is already campaigning to be Bane.
    Yoooo, Batista had his back too. Gunn would totally bring him over, as anything Bane or not.