Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grayson/Titans

Fantastic Member

Default Grayson/Titans

As I mainly buy trades, but keep abreast of current developments. With Grayson' s surgery and lost of the 'Nightwing' persona' what happens to the 'Titans' series?

They'll probably just ignore it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They're replacing him with Kyle Rayner. That's as far as we know for now.

Spectacular Member

Dick is out since now and Kyle will join to the team later.

Astonishing Member

Dick gets replaced by Kyle until the next writer reboots the team or until this amnesia arc ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    As I mainly buy trades, but keep abreast of current developments. With Grayson' s surgery and lost of the 'Nightwing' persona' what happens to the 'Titans' series?
    And don't forget there's also the death of Roy Harper and who-knows-what-is-going-on with O.G. Wally West . . .

Yeah, they had to drop Dick from the book and replace him with Kyle. They had to redraw a cover that had Dick on it and replace him with Kyle since I guess the whole thing got dropped into the Titans office late in the process and Abnett has to rewrite his story plans.

Doubt it will matter much. Titans as a book was just spinning its wheels anyway and not going anywhere. It will just be more of that until the book runs its course and gets cancelled and maybe rebooted. I don't think DC gives a **** about it.

See Titans #27
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member

we wont know until November how or why kyle is their

Astonishing Member

Kyle is a good get and it'll be nice to see him turn up there, teaming with one-time G.F. Donna, interacting with Raven, spreading some of the GL Four Horseman love around the DCU team books while Hal hogs the spotlight and John thank god is the Justice League GL.

Though I frankly can't believe Kyle isn't dead, too, since he was the main character in OMEGA MEN and after that whole situation could've probably used a big batch of Sanctuary himself. (I thought for sure King was going to do a double Wally/Kyle, hearkening back to the Morrison JLA and maybe setting the stage for someone to play with that nostalgic dynamic).

Tough to say. There's certainly still reasons to read about Miss Martian, Raven, Natasha, Donna. But also WONDER COMICS and the new Y.J. title are coming. Will Teen Titans get absorbed into that line? Will Titans Titans get canned, characters redistributed (M'gann into Y.J., of course, of course!)? Can we live in a world where the original Teen Titans FINALLY are just Justice Leaguers? Yes, please. Except I mean, that probably means nobody finds a home for Garth because he's always the one who unless it's an O.G. Sixties team, just goes into character limbo for years or gets Blackest Night fridged or whatever.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Kyle is a good get and it'll be nice to see him turn up there, teaming with one-time G.F. Donna, interacting with Raven, spreading some of the GL Four Horseman love around the DCU team books while Hal hogs the spotlight and John thank god is the Justice League GL.

Though I frankly can't believe Kyle isn't dead, too, since he was the main character in OMEGA MEN and after that whole situation could've probably used a big batch of Sanctuary himself. (I thought for sure King was going to do a double Wally/Kyle, hearkening back to the Morrison JLA and maybe setting the stage for someone to play with that nostalgic dynamic).

Tough to say. There's certainly still reasons to read about Miss Martian, Raven, Natasha, Donna. But also WONDER COMICS and the new Y.J. title are coming. Will Teen Titans get absorbed into that line? Will Titans Titans get canned, characters redistributed (M'gann into Y.J., of course, of course!)? Can we live in a world where the original Teen Titans FINALLY are just Justice Leaguers? Yes, please. Except I mean, that probably means nobody finds a home for Garth because he's always the one who unless it's an O.G. Sixties team, just goes into character limbo for years or gets Blackest Night fridged or whatever.
    You do know hal is a fictional character and he can't "hog" anything

Welp another book bites the dust
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    You do know hal is a fictional character and he can't "hog" anything
    I can't wait for that book to come out.

But it seems like it'll be a bit more of a solo outing doing some new cosmic world-building, so it's nice to have John in JL, Jessica in JLO, and Kyle in Titans. That leaves Guy and Simon, of course. Eager to see where they turn up. Guy in particular really, he's my favorite Lantern.

The Green Lantern's gotta be getting close now, right? Previews are everywhere.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    The Green Lantern's gotta be getting close now, right? Previews are everywhere.
    If you're talking about the Morrison-written series starring Hal, first issue is currently due out November 7th.

BANNED

I hope Titans just gets cancelled and put out of its misery. Abnett needs to be put on another book, transfer to the janitorial department, or whatever. With the upcoming big hoopla for Bendis' Young Justice, it wouldn't surprise me if the Teen Titans book folds, too, so that Young Justice id regarded as the premier teeny title.