Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This one's just plain crazy.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Oh, post the fight from Who Am I? That's one of my personal favourites from Chan. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Oh, post the fight from Who Am I? That's one of my personal favourites from Chan. ^_^
    Here it is:

Clearly I have to do everything myself...

Touch too stylized for my taste these days, but still incredibly enjoyable to watch. And hilarious once Chan starts figuring out how to win, and the second fighter, while watching, hastily first takes off his jacket, then his tie...

Edit: Ah, you ninja'ed me. Well played, sir. Well played.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Clearly I have to do everything myself...

Touch too stylized for my taste these days, but still incredibly enjoyable to watch. And hilarious once Chan starts figuring out how to win, and the second fighter, while watching, hastily first takes off his jacket, then his tie...

Edit: Ah, you ninja'ed me. Well played, sir. Well played.
    i like the scene too. shame that jackie had to kind of ruin that guy's acting career

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i like the scene too. shame that jackie had to kind of ruin that guy's acting career
    ???10101010

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    ???10101010
    according to some reports, jackie commented to a few people that ron smoorenburg, the kicker he fights in that scene, "didn't know how to kick right". thus, it lead to him not getting as much work as someone of his talent should've gotten. whether jackie meant to do that or not, i cannot say.

Well, that's not great.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    according to some reports, jackie commented to a few people that ron smoorenburg, the kicker he fights in that scene, "didn't know how to kick right". thus, it lead to him not getting as much work as someone of his talent should've gotten. whether jackie meant to do that or not, i cannot say.
    I think that was in Jackie Chan: My Stunts. The guy couldn't do the choreography to Jackie's satisfaction. More like he couldn't differentiate that it was choreography and not actual fight. After many many attempts, Jackie gave up and got some guys from his own stunt team to do the fight for some scenes.

From 36:21-39:32

You know it's pretty hard to get Jackie impatient. I don't think he meant to ruin the guy's career.

Extraordinary Member

The fight that showed what Studio Bones can REALLY do when they give their all into the production of My Hero Academia.

Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 10-15-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Out of curiosity, why?
    Well, because I enjoy Arya's character, for one, so I like to see her kick ass. Second, I loved seeing Brienne's face as she went from "I'll just toy with her for a moment" to "I'm going to have to work a tiny bit" to "I'm literally dead if she wants me to be." Yeah, the fight scenes in GoT aren't going to impress - the choerography is garbage and it's clear that either they didn't bother hiring anyone who actually knows about fighting, or, if they did, they locked them in the closet throughout whiteboarding, rehearsals and shooting.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I'm pretty sure if I saw this fight at the age of 8, I would've jumped all over the seats, crying happy tears.

Oh, and yes, that's classic deus ex machina. They're giant robots, it's almost literally in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think that was in Jackie Chan: My Stunts. The guy couldn't do the choreography to Jackie's satisfaction. More like he couldn't differentiate that it was choreography and not actual fight. After many many attempts, Jackie gave up and got some guys from his own stunt team to do the fight for some scenes.

From 36:21-39:32

You know it's pretty hard to get Jackie impatient. I don't think he meant to ruin the guy's career.
    that's why i said he kind of ruined his career. i don't think jackie would just have a guy blacklisted just because he couldn't do the kicks right (understandable since i think this was ron's first movie doing this kind of work) but his stroke at the time was great enough that it could influcence on if they wanted to hire him or not.

shame too. guy could give ken lo a run for his money in terms of kicking.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.