Really not thrilled with that dialogue . . . since I haven't found the previous issues of this arc yet, maybe I'll just give up looking for them.

I don't think Batman would ever say "insipid goons" except in a throwback story. And "I've battled New Gods, man?" also felt off.

I feel like Two-Face should've flipped the coin to shoot one of his guys.

Oh, and I guess we're back to Two-Face just having normal speech bubbles in general rather then Harvey and Two-Face having separate speech bubbles to denote which of them is talking.

Jesus, what is up with that dialogue.

Wow, that dialogue was pretty bad. After a first good issue last issue, this one was off for sure. Hopefully it's turned back on the right course next issue.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I agree about the dialogue... worst issue from the story so far
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, pretty bad dialogue. This issue seems to be laboring under the assumption that heroes and villains trade in full on diatribes and are apparently incredibly civil with one another. Also, the word choice is awkward to say the least. When Gordon said that Dent was Bullock's namesake, I had to ask myself if he knew what namesake meant. So, Bullock was apparently named after Harvey Dent?? So, how old is Bullock compared to everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    . . . Also, the word choice is awkward to say the least. When Gordon said that Dent was Bullock's namesake, I had to ask myself if he knew what namesake meant. So, Bullock was apparently named after Harvey Dent?? So, how old is Bullock compared to everyone else?
    Maybe "namesake" is a bit of a joke on Gordon's part?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Batman would ever say "insipid goons" except in a throwback story. And "I've battled New Gods, man?" also felt off.

I feel like Two-Face should've flipped the coin to shoot one of his guys.

Oh, and I guess we're back to Two-Face just having normal speech bubbles in general rather then Harvey and Two-Face having separate speech bubbles to denote which of them is talking.
    James Robinson, ladies and gentlemen...

I LOVE that Tec is back to being a solo Batman book where Batman can actually do street level crime fighting and actual DETECTIVE work, but I also hope that Robinson is just a fill-in writer and isn't taking over Tec for a long run.

Fantastic Member

December solicitations show Tomasi is taking over soon.

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    December solicitations show Tomasi is taking over soon.
    Good! I could definitely live with that!