Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

4 Hours and counting
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Can you give Tchalla background details. How long has he been BP? Did Tchaka live longer and is Killmonger a decade or so older than BP?( I'm basing these two on dialogue)
    I don't want to spoil anything but N'Jadaka is older than the Panther kids and considerably younger than T'Chaka. They are not blood relations. T'Challa has been Black Panther for about four years (according to me). We never say so out loud in the series in order to let fans fill in blanks in ways that suit them. Anything we don't say definitively means you're totally allowed to make up whatever you like that fits. That's half the fun.

Our Wakanda is absolutely NOT the same historically as either the movie or the comics version so expect a LOT of surprises about the Panthers and the nation. Hunter's story is just the tip of the iceberg.

Finally we get to see some Doras! Even if it was brief.

Cool action packed episode. Are we trying to push Tiger Shark up in BP's rogue gallery? I'm really curious as to how/why you decided on Tiger Shark as one of the main villains for this show.

I feel like Zemo's characterization might confuse some long time Avengers cartoon watchers. It doesn't seem like he's part of the other previous Avengers shows continuity. I know you said this show stands on its own apart from past shows and movies, but I wonder if everyone knows that. Redjack if you didn't mention it previously I would assume otherwise. In a vacuum I thought Zemo was fine, but as a Marvel fan familiar with other incarnations I'm not sure how I feel about him. I don't know if you're setting up for Thunderbolts or he's really going to be a good guy. I'm assuming Zemo plays an important part later on.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Cool action packed episode. Are we trying to push Tiger Shark up in BP's rogue gallery? I'm really curious as to how/why you decided on Tiger Shark as one of the main villains for this show.

I feel like Zemo's characterization might confuse some long time Avengers cartoon watchers. It doesn't seem like he's part of the other previous Avengers shows continuity. I know you said this show stands on its own apart from past shows and movies, but I wonder if everyone knows that. Redjack if you didn't mention it previously I would assume otherwise. In a vacuum I thought Zemo was fine, but as a Marvel fan familiar with other incarnations I'm not sure how I feel about him. I don't know if you're setting up for Thunderbolts or he's really going to be a good guy. I'm assuming Zemo plays an important part later on.
    I think they've been moving Zemo to anti-villain for a bit. There was that Avengers Assemble episode when his father came back and you see he is just a guy trying to live up to a man who will never approve of him. Then there was that episode where he and Tchalla had to work together in Wakanda. Haven't watched this episode yet though. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think they've been moving Zemo to anti-villain for a bit. There was that Avengers Assemble episode when his father came back and you see he is just a guy trying to live up to a man who will never approve of him. Then there was that episode where he and Tchalla had to work together in Wakanda. Haven't watched this episode yet though. Lol
    wait really?! wow I guess i missed those eps, but I didn't really watch Avengers Assembled
    The J-man

wait really?! wow I guess i missed those eps, but I didn't really watch Avengers Assembled
    My mistake. He worked with Antman, but I don't think Zemo was as bad as he normally is.

I asked MARVEL, point blank, how much of the old continuity they wanted me to keep. They said, "None, some or all. It's totally up to you." They told me the previous seasons weren't binding because they were redesigning and, in a sense, rebranding the show (my words, not theirs, but that's the gist).

I chose "none." The fact that the first episode begins in Avengers Tower was a clue that the old continuity wasn't relevant. There's only one episode of a previous season you need to concern yourselves with and I'm not telling you which. You'll figure it out soon. Assume this is the first season of a new show and you won't have trouble.

As for Tiger Shark, as you see, we changed his origin and his relationship to Atlantis. We amped him up in terms of power. Every hero needs a rogues gallery that is interesting, powerful and, most of all, unique to that hero. By the end of this season we will have built that and more. The Shadow is rising.

Forget everything you've seen in the comics or the movies or previous seasons of the show. This is something new. You are going to be howling and screaming with some of the stuff coming up.

Also, remember, these episodes are chapters, not stand-alone stories. Pay attention to what is said by everyone. everything matters.
    Last edited by Redjack; 10-14-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I asked MARVEL, point blank, how much of the old continuity they wanted me to keep. They said, "None, some or all. It's totally up to you." They told me the previous seasons weren't binding because they were redesigning and, in a sense, rebranding the show (my words, not theirs, but that's the gist).
    I think this basically sums up Marvel animated continuity in a nutshell .
    I chose "none." The fact that the first episode begins in Avengers Tower was a clue that the old continuity wasn't relevant. There's only one episode of a previous season you need to concern yourselves with and I'm not telling you which. You'll figure it out soon. Assume this is the first season of a new show and you won't have trouble.
    I'm guessing it's the episode with a certain bowman and a certain "Madame."

(Which would be kind of funny considering how out-of-sync and random that episode was with the season it was actually in).

I don't want to spoil anything but N'Jadaka is older than the Panther kids and considerably younger than T'Chaka. They are not blood relations. T'Challa has been Black Panther for about four years (according to me). We never say so out loud in the series in order to let fans fill in blanks in ways that suit them. Anything we don't say definitively means you're totally allowed to make up whatever you like that fits. That's half the fun.

Our Wakanda is absolutely NOT the same historically as either the movie or the comics version so expect a LOT of surprises about the Panthers and the nation. Hunter's story is just the tip of the iceberg.

As for Tiger Shark, as you see, we changed his origin and his relationship to Atlantis. We amped him up in terms of power. Every hero needs a rogues gallery that is interesting, powerful and, most of all, unique to that hero. By the end of this season we will have built that and more. The Shadow is rising.

Forget everything you've seen in the comics or the movies or previous seasons of the show. This is something new. You are going to be howling and screaming with some of the stuff coming up.

Also, remember, these episodes are chapters, not stand-alone stories. Pay attention to what is said by everyone. everything matters.
    As someone who likes to map out headcanons for the "Marvel Animated continuity", I guess those tidbits from previous seasons with Cap 'knowing' T'Chaka as the one who gave him shield during WWII and thinking Heinrich Zemo "died during the War" were just poor memory on his part; from being trapped in ice for decades. Same thing happened to Oliver Bird on Legion, so I figure Cap had Brain Freeze until now.
    Last edited by TheLemsterPju; 10-14-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Another solid episode

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    As someone who likes to map out headcanons for the "Marvel Animated continuity", I guess those tidbits from previous seasons with Cap 'knowing' T'Chaka as the one who gave him shield during WWII and thinking Heinrich Zemo "died during the War" were just poor memory on his part; from being trapped in ice for decades. Same thing happened to Oliver Bird on Legion, so I figure Cap had Brain Freeze until now.
    The way I work it is, Every episode that DOESN'T contradict the current season is still in. Every episode that DOES contradict what we're doing this season is out. Since MOST of what went before doesn't relate to this season one way or the other, older fans are allowed to keep most of what they like while new fans don't need to care. Which is how it should be.
    Last edited by Redjack; 10-16-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Redjack!!!!!

I think this my is favorite sequence yet. Got a little Hudlin in there too. This was perfect

I think Crossbones has got to be the most redesigned character in Marvel Animation. He's had, like, five different redesigns across the cartoons .

I also love how Hydra brings in robot soldiers so they could get eviscerated .

RJ, is there any character you wanted to use and your boss(es) said no?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html