Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

told you Cap was alive!

Also Redjack and the crew have really outdone themselves.

This is next level stuff and just thrilling to watch
    The J-man

T'Challa got played in the end should have given him to the Atlantians, I think this is the first time I've disagreed with him this entire show.

Also Hawkeye just looks dumb at this point
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    T'Challa got played in the end should have given him to the Atlantians, I think this is the first time I've disagreed with him this entire show.
    If T'Challa gave Killmonger away to the Atlantians, not only would he be executed immediately, insuring Elanna's rule over Atlantis, but the Shadow Council would surely do the same to Black Widow as consequence for allowing their leader to be killed.

Plus, who's to say Elanna wouldn't go back on her word and declare war anyways? Her father was murdered right in front of her. At that point it's far too personal. Sure T'Challa had nothing to do with that, but their already shakey relationship (which was almost fixed but not cemented long enough) would have probably meant she would eventually blame him as well.

The Avengers would also be furious at him. After what happened with Cap, losing Widow for sure would make him a wanted fugitive for life. I imagine he knew he had to take the risk of war if it meant getting his fellow teammate and friend back; while finding another way to fix these issues. That's still a morally gray decision, but I'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

But it wouldn't be a win for the heroes either way, and I bet Killmonger knew T'Challa wasn't willing to let a friend die just so he could face 'justice'.
    Last edited by TheLemsterPju; 02-10-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Good episodes, but bad decision making at the end. If Killmonger was afraid the stay in Atlantis, Tchalla should have used that as leverage to get the info from him first. Then leave him there anyway. Dont risk the Kingdom for one person.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    If T'Challa gave Killmonger away to the Atlantians, not only would he be executed immediately, insuring Elanna's rule over Atlantis, but the Shadow Council would surely do the same to Black Widow as consequence for allowing their leader to be killed.

Plus, who's to say Elanna wouldn't go back on her word and declare war anyways? Her father was murdered right in front of her. At that point it's far too personal. Sure T'Challa had nothing to do with that, but their already shakey relationship (which was almost fixed but not cemented long enough) would have probably meant she would eventually blame him as well.

The Avengers would also be furious at him. After what happened with Cap, losing Widow for sure would make him a wanted fugitive for life. I imagine he knew he had to take the risk of war if it meant getting his fellow teammate and friend back; while finding another way to fix these issues. That's still a morally gray decision, but I'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

But it wouldn't be a win for the heroes either way, and I bet Killmonger knew T'Challa wasn't willing to let a friend die just so he could face 'justice'.
    If Black Widow wasn't killed already (which she hasn't been because superhero plots require villains to be dumb), than why would she be killed now? She's much more valuable alive at this point. At the very least she could by them time or save some of their lives.

Why would she go back on her word. At that point she'd be nothing but rationale and her father's dieting wish s for peace. Killmonger killed her father not the surface. She saw him. She wanted revenge on him.

The Avengers were already stupidly furious at him and frankly he managed just fine. They could have easily found Widow without taking Killmonger's bait. Now there will be war, just like Killmonger wanted, which is why he left Tiger Shark there because he knew how this would play out. I'm fairly certain Killmonger was in control even after his defeat he wanted BP to take him out of Atlantis and start a war. I think everyone underestimates how clever Killmonger is. The Avengers think they have him but everything we've seen up to this point has been manipulated by Killmonger. And now T'Challa is taking him back to Wakanda where the crown and Bast are? This is exactly what Killmonger wants.

Things will get worse before they get better.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    If Black Widow wasn't killed already (which she hasn't been because superhero plots require villains to be dumb), than why would she be killed now? She's much more valuable alive at this point. At the very least she could by them time or save some of their lives.

Why would she go back on her word. At that point she'd be nothing but rationale and her father's dieting wish s for peace. Killmonger killed her father not the surface. She saw him. She wanted revenge on him.

The Avengers were already stupidly furious at him and frankly he managed just fine. They could have easily found Widow without taking Killmonger's bait. Now there will be war, just like Killmonger wanted, which is why he left Tiger Shark there because he knew how this would play out. I'm fairly certain Killmonger was in control even after his defeat he wanted BP to take him out of Atlantis and start a war. I think everyone underestimates how clever Killmonger is. The Avengers think they have him but everything we've seen up to this point has been manipulated by Killmonger. And now T'Challa is taking him back to Wakanda where the crown and Bast are? This is exactly what Killmonger wants.

Things will get worse before they get better.
    I also found it weird that he would try to justify it to Elanna by claiming he was taking Killmonger to face justice for earlier crimes when it was clearly over Natasha. I guess he knew that wouldn't fly as a reasonable excuse.

Also maybe it's not that Killmonger is clever, maybe Tchalla isn't that good at political strategy yet.

And when Cap can figure out that Nat is an impersonator in like 10 seconds of conversation. Tchalla and the rest of the Avengers aren't working at full steam.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-11-2019 at 08:23 AM.

If T'Challa gives Killmonger to the Altanteans, Killmonber gets executed on the spot. That would mean, at the very least, Natasha stays missing and possible dies wherever she is.

T'Challa still doesn't know what Killmonger's plan was for Wakanda and the Crown or how far along it is. The world still considered Wakanda a rogue nation and T'Challa as Public Enemy #1. Killmonger getting executed before all his global troubles get cleared up, not the least of which is his issues with ... not being truthful with the Avengers.

He has two members of the Shadow Council (M'Baku and Klaue) in prison.
    Zemo is dead.
    Zanda is presumed dead.
    As far as he knows, Tiger Shark is in an Atlantean dungeon.
    He has Killmonger in custody and the Crown, for now is under lock and key and seemingly harmless.

The only member of the council unaccounted for is Madame Masque who, while formidable on her own, isn't focused on doing anything to Wakanda or furthering Killmonger's plan now that the Shadow Council is broken.

It's been a bumpy ride and T'Challa's made some errors but, right now, he definitely scores as the winner, navigating some pretty complex overlapping issues.

And, above all else. Wakanda is safe.

Before he is ANYthing- brother, son, friend, scientist, superhero, Avenger- T'Challa is the king of Wakanda. Every decision he makes is about preserving the safety of his nation and then, after that, the world at large.

Not an easy job.

PS

There's actually a real reason why Zanda is so convincing to people who should know better but we haven't revealed in in the show (partly because I haven't told anyone).

I dont have Disney XD but my cousin put cartoons on for the kids and I caught part of an episode. Had a bunch of Atlantis stuff in it but it looked like Attuma might have been running stuff and Namor was nowhere to be found or mentioned. Is namor in this show or like Avengers assemble do they ignore him

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I dont have Disney XD but my cousin put cartoons on for the kids and I caught part of an episode. Had a bunch of Atlantis stuff in it but it looked like Attuma might have been running stuff and Namor was nowhere to be found or mentioned. Is namor in this show or like Avengers assemble do they ignore him
    No Namor. I dont think the rights were available at the time of planning.

spoilers:
    Althought the final episode is titled House of M. So they might be sneaking something in.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Cville; 02-11-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    No Namor. I dont think the rights were available at the time of planning.

spoilers:
    Althought the final episode is titled House of M. So they might be sneaking something in.
    end of spoilers
    I didnt think there was a rights issue. Thought Namor was in the Hulks camp where he just cant have a solo movie. Also I dont know if they sold animation rights for any chatacter. Just Film I thought.

Be nice if Redjack could comment. Obviously cant answer if they use Namor but just answer if he knows if they can if they wanted to.

Iono just seem weird that Marvel would retain animation rights for everyone but namor. I mean they never lost Xmen or spidey.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-11-2019 at 11:58 PM.

We didn't have rights to use Namor or anything connected to the Fantastic Four. Technically, Marvel still doesn't have those rights. Not until the Fox deal is complete.Nobody's ignoring anything.

Also, even if we had those rights the odds are we'd have still told this exact story exactly the same way. Considering how last week went, you can see why.
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-12-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    We didn't have rights to use Namor or anything connected to the Fantastic Four. Technically, Marvel still doesn't have those rights. Not until the Fox deal is complete.Nobody's ignoring anything.

Also, even if we had those rights the odds are we'd have still told this exact story exactly the same way. Considering how last week went, you can see why.
    See I find that weird. Marvel has been using Spiderman and Xmen characters in animation this whole time but they dont have F4 rights for animation? Coulda swore Ben Grimm was in Ultimate Spiderman. Maybe it's not a rights issue and they just dont want the F4 or anything connected used in anything new untill they decide what direction wanna take them on film

But yea havtn actually been able to watch the show so I dont know how the story unfolded I'm sure it for the best but it was weird watching avengers assemble and Atlantis being in it so much and only Attuma is involvef.

See I find that weird. Marvel has been using Spiderman and Xmen characters in animation this whole time but they dont have F4 rights for animation? Coulda swore Ben Grimm was in Ultimate Spiderman. Maybe it's not a rights issue and they just dont want the F4 or anything connected used in anything new untill they decide what direction wanna take them on film

But yea havtn actually been able to watch the show so I dont know how the story unfolded I'm sure it for the best but it was weird watching avengers assemble and Atlantis being in it so much and only Attuma is involvef.
    Each franchise has different rules. Also, when you say, "the whole time," what do you mean? X-Men: Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men, were not Marvel productions. When you saw Wolverine show up in the Spider-Man show, that was a special deal that they worked out for that season, etc.

Always remember, most of the people who watch the shows do not also read the comics so they don't care whether it's Namor or Attuma. Also, our Atlanteans are not the same, overall, as the ones in the comics, just as our Wakanda is also its own version. You should watch from the beginning. I think you'll dig it. There are five full episodes up on youtube for free.
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-12-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Each franchise has different rules. Also, when you say, "the whole time," what do you mean? X-Men: Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men, were not Marvel productions. When you saw Wolverine show up in the Spider-Man show, that was a special deal that they worked out for that season, etc.

Always remember, most of the people who watch the shows do not also read the comics so they don't care whether it's Namor or Attuma. Also, our Atlanteans are not the same, overall, as the ones in the comics, just as our Wakanda is also its own version. You should watch from the beginning. I think you'll dig it. There are five full episodes up on youtube for free.
    Oh I know I will. I hope you dont think I'm being critical of the show I've heard nothing but good things. I'm just a big Namor fan and find it weird. It's not a bad thing though. I dont have Disney XD so if they put your show on Disney + Ima binge it for sure. .

Yea I meant all of that. Wolveirne and Benn Grimm In Ultimate Spiderman. Wolverine and the Xmem is listed as being a MARVEL Animation project though I'm pretty sure the actual Show was made by a company that had House in its name. But Kevin Feigie was a producer. From what I always understood Marvel retained rights to all Merchandise and animation. And Sony got to make a animated movie as part of the deal to being Spidey into the MCU. There was the Fantastic four world greatest heroes show that was made by a French company for cartoon network but Marvel and Avi aRad will involved in that.

All of that aside Namors Films rights are separate from F4 and are held up by some deals with Universal not fox like the F4. Maybe the Fantasic four are special and someone bought the animated rights but Fox never owned Xmens animation rights. Wolverine and Thing appeared in EMH episodes and Wolverine stared in a animated film Hulk vs. I think maybe Marvel just made those characters off limits I really dont think theres an issue with them not owning them on the animated side.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-12-2019 at 11:14 PM.