Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Isn't that the same stuff Klaw was restrained with in the last episode? So he's only asking about them now ?

I do love how Shuri takes out Masque and Klaw in little under a minute. Although it kind of looks like Whitney's going to drown .

See, this is why you leave someone to watch the tied-up villains .

called it. Never trust Zemo. Never ever ever
    The J-man

LOL

He's Baron Zemo. Or, I guess he WAS Baron Zemo. Because...

LOL

He's Baron Zemo. Or, I guess he WAS Baron Zemo. Because...
    One question concerning Zemo, was he genuinely seeking redemption, and found the crown too tempting to pass up? Or was betrayal always the plan in his long game?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
    One question concerning Zemo, was he genuinely seeking redemption, and found the crown too tempting to pass up? Or was betrayal always the plan in his long game?
    Betrayal was always in his plan. He stated as much and played BP for a fool.

I just hope BP isn't throwing a pity party the next few episodes. He is still the King and needs to represent Wakanda. If Hawkeye gives any more snark he should catch those hands.

Black Widow is likely Zanda in the final scene (or a Skull which would make this season crazy)
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
    Zemo was always going to betray everyone. Everyone. He says "You shouldn't have trusted me. none of you."

Zemo is for Zemo. Well, Was for Zemo.

Also, if you go back to the Zemo Sanction episode, you'll see he never once lied about his motivations. He told the truth the entire time.

I liked that Zemo's Crown-induced armor had his classic comic colors, and it made that weird mouthguard on his face look better too.

I figured Cap was going to be the Avenger that got killed off because he had been the most prominent this season and the one with the closest and best relationship with T'Challa. And he went out like a soldier, jumping on what was basically a grenade. So I guess it was a fitting end for Cap even it probably wasn't as glorious an end as he deserved and was pretty quick. Ah well, we'll see him again in the WWII episode.

At least tell me they managed to catch Klaw...

It takes two to tango in a friendship. The Avengers may have been quick to judge T'Challa for the wrong reasons but he has been keeping secrets from them and not been as upfront as he could have been, even when it probably would have behooved the other Avengers to know what was going on. I mean, just from this episode alone having the other Avengers around made it a lot easier to take on the Shadow Council.

I'm not sure if Thor jobbed in this episode or not. On the one hand they made it apparent he's one of the strongest Avengers, and that T'Challa couldn't beat him in a direct fight, but I don't think T'Challa could have so cleanly ripped off Thor's armor and scratched his body unless they were deliberately going for Thor fanservice. Not to mention he gets taken out by a laser .

Poor Ms. Marvel. She starts this season getting to meet Princess Shuri, and then she has to capture her .

Tony's new Stealth Armor has to be good if it was actually able to sneak up on T'Challa and Shuri. I also liked that even stunning his Arc reactor wasn't enough to stop Iron Man, and he still came after T'Challa even without his armor.

I'm not sure if T'Challa's powered armor having a real panther face was goofy or a nice design feature. And then he started pulling out Wolverine/X-23 claws...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Betrayal was always in his plan. He stated as much and played BP for a fool.
    He even said he and Killmonger re-started the Shadow Council. They were working together from the start.

Heck, Killmonger even said Zemo was "playing" the part of a hero too well, because he knew it was an act.
    I just hope BP isn't throwing a pity party the next few episodes. He is still the King and needs to represent Wakanda. If Hawkeye gives any more snark he should catch those hands.
    It would be nice to see the show spend some more time with T'Challa in Wakanda and developing it now that he doesn't need to globe hop anymore, but I imagine there will probably be some kind of plot development that forces him back out, since the Shadow Council is still active.

It will be interesting to see how the show handles T'Challa's new stance. Cool as it is to see him stand up to the other Avengers, it feels like a regression to have him burn all his bridges and turn himself and Wakanda back into isolationists, especially when he never could have gotten this far without help. Maybe that's where the time-travel team-ups with the past Black Panthers will come in.

Hawkeye really needs a reality check when it comes to Whitney. She made her own choices. If he'd saw her as Madame Masque he probably would have figured that out by now.
    Black Widow is likely Zanda in the final scene (or a Skull which would make this season crazy)
    There's no way Black Widow could have misconstrued what happened between Steve and T'Challa unless she was deliberately trying to manipulate the Avengers. Like, how does what happened make it look like Cap and T'Challa were fighting? they were obviously working together.

Although if it was Zanda who fought T'Challa in the hanger, how did she get a hold of Widow's tech? I guess she could have grabbed it off Natasha after she took her place.

Mighty Member

I'm almost positive that's Zanda in Natasha's place. And I'm guessing Cap is trapped in the crown. Shadow council will keep trying to get the crown while Shuri discovers the crown may lead to Cap and maybe even figure out it was Zanda and go looking for Black Widow.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I'm almost positive that's Zanda in Natasha's place. And I'm guessing Cap is trapped in the crown. Shadow council will keep trying to get the crown while Shuri discovers the crown may lead to Cap and maybe even figure out it was Zanda and go looking for Black Widow.
    It would explain a lot about Widow's "idiots" line if that was actually Zanda.

OMG you guys didn't tell me the other episode was up on DISNEY On DEMAND.

watching it right now. Redjack I think you've outdone yourself
    The J-man

REDJACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS MY BLACK PANTHER!!!!. Oh my goodness yes. Plans on top of plans on top of plans. Contingencies for contingencies. Loved this episode. The Thor fight, the Ironman fight. BP dodging Ms. Marvel.

Black Widow did a little too well but I'll let it slide.

I was hoping for a Wakanda fist to meet Hawkeyes face the way he was acting but there is still a chance in the second half of the season.

My goodness. WAKANDA FOREVER!
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked that Zemo's Crown-induced armor had his classic comic colors, and it made that weird mouthguard on his face look better too.

I figured Cap was going to be the Avenger that got killed off because he had been the most prominent this season and the one with the closest and best relationship with T'Challa. And he went out like a soldier, jumping on what was basically a grenade. So I guess it was a fitting end for Cap even it probably wasn't as glorious an end as he deserved and was pretty quick. Ah well, we'll see him again in the WWII episode.

At least tell me they managed to catch Klaw...

It takes two to tango in a friendship. The Avengers may have been quick to judge T'Challa for the wrong reasons but he has been keeping secrets from them and not been as upfront as he could have been, even when it probably would have behooved the other Avengers to know what was going on. I mean, just from this episode alone having the other Avengers around made it a lot easier to take on the Shadow Council.

I'm not sure if Thor jobbed in this episode or not. On the one hand they made it apparent he's one of the strongest Avengers, and that T'Challa couldn't beat him in a direct fight, but I don't think T'Challa could have so cleanly ripped off Thor's armor and scratched his body unless they were deliberately going for Thor fanservice. Not to mention he gets taken out by a laser .

Poor Ms. Marvel. She starts this season getting to meet Princess Shuri, and then she has to capture her .

Tony's new Stealth Armor has to be good if it was actually able to sneak up on T'Challa and Shuri. I also liked that even stunning his Arc reactor wasn't enough to stop Iron Man, and he still came after T'Challa even without his armor.

I'm not sure if T'Challa's powered armor having a real panther face was goofy or a nice design feature. And then he started pulling out Wolverine/X-23 claws...

He even said he and Killmonger re-started the Shadow Council. They were working together from the start.

Heck, Killmonger even said Zemo was "playing" the part of a hero too well, because he knew it was an act.

It would be nice to see the show spend some more time with T'Challa in Wakanda and developing it now that he doesn't need to globe hop anymore, but I imagine there will probably be some kind of plot development that forces him back out, since the Shadow Council is still active.

It will be interesting to see how the show handles T'Challa's new stance. Cool as it is to see him stand up to the other Avengers, it feels like a regression to have him burn all his bridges and turn himself and Wakanda back into isolationists, especially when he never could have gotten this far without help. Maybe that's where the time-travel team-ups with the past Black Panthers will come in.

Hawkeye really needs a reality check when it comes to Whitney. She made her own choices. If he'd saw her as Madame Masque he probably would have figured that out by now.

There's no way Black Widow could have misconstrued what happened between Steve and T'Challa unless she was deliberately trying to manipulate the Avengers. Like, how does what happened make it look like Cap and T'Challa were fighting? they were obviously working together.

Although if it was Zanda who fought T'Challa in the hanger, how did she get a hold of Widow's tech? I guess she could have grabbed it off Natasha after she took her place.
    Yeah I loved the Zemo touch with he armor.

Cap better comeback. That got me a little bit. It's funny 13 years ago I wasn't a big Captain America fan at all, but now he's that guy. I know this is BP's show but I thought Cap was written very well.

You know the villains always escape.

Actually now that I think about it. If Zanda is Widow I don't mind her doing so well against T'Challa. I consider Zanda to be an enhanced being like BP and Cap based on her showings. I don't know how that Hawkeye arrow took out that BP armor tho or how he got to the Wakanda border before anyone else.
    The J-man

I'm glad you're liking it.

Hawkeye was the Avengers last line of defense to stopBP from making it home. He arrived in Africa at the same time Tony was fighting BP in the jet.