Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    So similar history (with some changes), different continuity?
    I think, unlike the comics (which are about collecting as much as stories) we like to have some flexibility with the seasons. We don't want to say that NOTHING that went before is true but, whenever there's a clear contradiction, you should assume, going forward, that whatever season is current is the one that is "true."

Continuity is there when it serves the story and isn't when it doesn't. Clearer?
    Last edited by Redjack; 01-09-2019 at 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I think, unlike the comics (which are about collecting as much as stories) we like to have some flexibility with the seasons. Ewe don't want to say that NOTHING that went before is true but, whenever there's a clear contradiction, you should assume, going forward, that whatever season is current i the one that is "true."

Continuity isn't there when it serves the story and isn't when it doesn't. Clearer?
    Uhh, mostly yeah.

I also know the Marvel Database wiki chronicles these changes/retcons and has "Temporary Reality Numbers" for things that don't fit with the established continuity and/or aren't officially designated by the Marvel Appendix or sourcebooks. (ex. TRN for Marvel's Spider-Man and the official reality number for AA/USM/Hulk.)

Anyways, regardless of these things, I should mention that I thoroughly enjoyed the two-parter. I'm not sure if anyone else here has seen them yet so I'm holding off on the details until tomorrow maybe.

EDIT: So how I look at it, in my mind, The Beyonder brought parts of MSM's world over to Earth-12041 (the "Marvel Animated Universe" world) when creating Battleworld. But some of it didn't get sent back to where it belonged and stayed on this Earth (i.e. Horizon High, MSM Spidey and Vulture to name a few.)

Hopefully both USM Spidey and MSM Spidey exist in this world...as convoluted as that sounds.
    Last edited by TheLemsterPju; 01-06-2019 at 10:58 PM.

BANNED

seriously, man?

The rest of us are trying to have fun. You remember fun? It's when no one is being a jerk to anyone else.
    Don't fizz bro because I'm not fizzing and I'm not trying to be a jerk. Sorry I was a bit too blunt with my opinin. I will be more respectful about it in the furure. I'm happy that you're happy, your art is beautiful because you're happy with it and not because of what anyone else says. Please continue doing what you do . Also I don't like the fight scenes
    Last edited by Elmo; 01-07-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Don't fizz bro because I'm not fizzing and I'm not trying to be a jerk. Sorry I was a bit too blunt with my opinin. I will be more respectful about it in the furure. I'm happy that you're happy, your art is beautiful because you're happy with it and not because of what anyone else says. Please continue doing what you do . Also I don't like the fight scenes
    I'm just gonna block you, "bro." I don't have time for this crap and I'm not interested in trolls.

You wasted your shot.

have a life.

Were those Wakandan-made Iron Man armors or actual Stark Tech that T'Challa has "re-appropriated" for his training? I feel like it's a bruise to Tony's ego either way.

Shuri mentioning the council and the citizens being worried about T'Challa's actions made me wish we saw more of Wakanda and it's internal politics then we do on this show.

Ant-Man's redesign made him look more like Black Ant. I could honestly mistake him for a villain if I didn't know that was Scott Lang. The writing for him also felt different from last season, where here he's more awkward and "normal" compared to how they wrote him in Avengers: Secret Wars. And did someone forget that he's supposed to be a redhead .

T'Challa pretty much spells out that something is off about Black Widow. Pretty easy to guess why when you think of T'Challa's rogues gallery on this show...

I love how this show finally remembers Winter Solider exists and they recast him again. This series has got to have the worst vocal consistency of any Superhero cartoon I have ever watched. I did find it amusing to have Matt Lanter, Anakin Skywalker of all people, voicing Bucky and I thought he did a good job with the role. I also thought it was neat that his and T'Challa's dynamic here was a reverse of their dynamic in the Civil War movie.

You've got to respect Iron Man. T'Challa outwits and overpowers him at every turn, but he just doesn't give up.

Oh look, Crossbones has his MCU scarred face and the Vault prison uniforms match The Raft's from Civil War. Although the former really just made him look like discount Two-Face.

That's pretty cool that Trevor Devall (Klaw/Klaue) wrote the second episode. Not often you see a VA contributing to scripts .

The "Heart of Wakanda" makes me think the crown being back in Wakanda actually works to Killmonger's advantage more then it hinders him.

I thought the Marvel's Spider-Man characters in the second-half were on-point in their depictions and used fairly well on Black Panther's show. I liked how things left off with Panther relating what he's going through to Spidey and both coming out with more respect for each other. Timeline-wise I can only see this happening near the tail-end of season 1 for Spider-Man. And I appreciated Spidey not being written like an idiot, especially when Vulture was pretending to be a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Were those Wakandan-made Iron Man armors or actual Stark Tech that T'Challa has "re-appropriated" for his training? I feel like it's a bruise to Tony's ego either way.

All homemade in Wakanda.

Shuri mentioning the council and the citizens being worried about T'Challa's actions made me wish we saw more of Wakanda and it's internal politics then we do on this show.
    others have talked about this but, frankly, we only have about 28 minutes to tell a fairly complex story and internal Wakandan political debates don't stack up as particularly interesting visually. That said, stay tuned.

Ant-Man's redesign made him look more like Black Ant. I could honestly mistake him for a villain if I didn't know that was Scott Lang. The writing for him also felt different from last season, where here he's more awkward and "normal" compared to how they wrote him in Avengers: Secret Wars. And did someone forget that he's supposed to be a redhead .
    i guess you can "blame" that character difference on me. I prefer the MCU version of Scott so that's as close to him as we could legitimately get. As for the visual redesign, while I LOVE it, I had nothing to do with it. That stuff comes from another department. but I love it.

T'Challa pretty much spells out that something is off about Black Widow. Pretty easy to guess why when you think of T'Challa's rogues gallery on this show...
    stay tuned...

I love how this show finally remembers Winter Solider exists and they recast him again. This series has got to have the worst vocal consistency of any Superhero cartoon I have ever watched. I did find it amusing to have Matt Lanter, Anakin Skywalker of all people, voicing Bucky and I thought he did a good job with the role. I also thought it was neat that his and T'Challa's dynamic here was a reverse of their dynamic in the Civil War movie.
    Different situation from the movie and also different versions of T'Challa and Bucky. Close, in many ways, but not identical.

That's pretty cool that Trevor Devall (Klaw/Klaue) wrote the second episode. Not often you see a VA contributing to scripts .
    Trevor is awesome. just a lovely human being.

The "Heart of Wakanda" makes me think the crown being back in Wakanda actually works to Killmonger's advantage more then it hinders him.
    Stay tuned...

I thought the Marvel's Spider-Man characters in the second-half were on-point in their depictions and used fairly well on Black Panther's show. I liked how things left off with Panther relating what he's going through to Spidey and both coming out with more respect for each other. Timeline-wise I can only see this happening near the tail-end of season 1 for Spider-Man. And I appreciated Spidey not being written like an idiot, especially when Vulture was pretending to be a hero.
    Thank you. We worked very closely with the execs from Spidey's show to make sure we stayed as consistent as possible.
    Last edited by Redjack; 01-08-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Redjack, I am enjoying this show. You are keeping me guessing. BP is a bit of a self-righteous prig, but kings can be like that.

I have not been a fan of Avengers Assemble! Especially compared to EMH, but this season is a winner. Good work.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

All homemade in Wakanda.
    I guess Starktech would be cheap in Wakanda .
    others have talked about this but, frankly, we only have about 28 minutes to tell a fairly complex story and internal Wakandan political debates don't stack up as particularly interesting visually. That said, stay tuned.
    I get it. Star Wars: The Clone Wars taught me how difficult it is to make politics interesting in a cartoon, but I'm a sucker for those royal intrigue stuff from the comics and movies and T'Challa juggling running his government with being a hero.
    i guess you can "blame" that character difference on me. I prefer the MCU version of Scott so that's as close to him as we could legitimately get. As for the visual redesign, while I LOVE it, I had nothing to do with it. That stuff comes from another department. but I love it.
    I actually thought he felt more like comic Scott then MCU Scott, who I feel like they were really trying to ape last season in a very exaggerated way.

I think it's an interesting design, just not something I feel is appropriate for Ant-Man. But different tastes and all that.
    Different situation from the movie and also different versions of T'Challa and Bucky. Close, in many ways, but not identical.
    Yeah, not one-to-one, but I thought the similarities in the reversal were amusing.
    Trevor is awesome. just a lovely human being.
    And extremely versatile as a VA, which is always awesome .
    Thank you. We worked very closely with the execs from Spidey's show to make sure we stayed as consistent as possible.
    And, as a fan of the show, thank you for doing so. It really shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Redjack, I am enjoying this show. You are keeping me guessing. BP is a bit of a self-righteous prig, but kings can be like that.
    He admitted to Spider-Man that he had made mistakes, which is probably as close as we might get to T'Challa admitting he may not have handled dealing with the Shadow Council and the Avengers as well as he could have.

It's also possible that in some regards he does feel responsible for what happened to Cap, since it still weights on him.
    I have not been a fan of Avengers Assemble! Especially compared to EMH, but this season is a winner. Good work.
    This is hands-down the best-written and most engaging of the current Marvel cartoons in my opinion, and I say this as someone who also enjoys the other shows.

Mighty Member

Panther buster armor. 'Nuff said!
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Well, thanks very much. I'm glad you're engaged. Lots more crazy stuff coming soon.
    Last edited by Redjack; 01-09-2019 at 01:15 AM.

BANNED

I'm just gonna block you, "bro." I don't have time for this crap and I'm not interested in trolls.

You wasted your shot.

have a life.
    Lmao literally all of that could have been avoided. It was a genuine apology too. Wasn't a shot to waste because nobody's ever heard of you, I felt bad because you seem like a cool dude. That being said you never introduced yourself coming in with the high strung fizzer ego, not a good look, and as far as I know you could be a troll too. Imagine feeling this way over the internet. I'm most likely 20 years younger than you and I didn't even know who you were. Don't make me feel bad for an apology meant to set things right peace yo

Clip 1:

Clip 2

Clip 3

Is that Hayley Atwell doing Peggy, Carter's voice?(fanboy dance if it is.)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    Clip 1:

Clip 2

Clip 3
    Aren't those white lines on Cap's First Avengers suit supposed to be straps? They look seamed into his costume.
    Is that Hayley Atwell doing Peggy, Carter's voice?(fanboy dance if it is.)
    Yes. She already reprise the role in animation last season in Avengers: Secret Wars .

New episode was pretty good, but I see Tchalla hasn't learned his lesson about brining know villains on the mission with him. lol