Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

I was expecting T'Challa would be time-travelling to team-up with his ancestors, but reliving their lives is just as awesome .

It was cool to see T'Chanda in action and what he was like. On the surface he seems like he's the typical, strong, pragmatic, isolationist Wakandan king, but he still has the noble heart and honor that T'Challa embodies. The show's portrayal of T'Chanda felt a lot like how T'Chaka is usually visualized, which kind of makes me curious to see more of what T'Chaka was like.

Afro Doras .

T'Challa and Cap's relationship was predicated quite a bit on Steve's friendship with T'Chanda, so it was interesting to see that T'Chanda considered Howard Stark a trusted friend before he even met Cap. It's especially interesting in light of all the conflict between T'Challa and Tony in the present day. Kind of makes you wonder what the heck Howard did to get in the good graces of a Wakandan King.

Zemo Daddy was basically Helmut with normal hair and a mustache. I'd complain about them recasting Heinrich, but it's always nice to hear David Kaye, so I won't. I do wish they had given him a more interesting design then a white suit.

Morgan Le Fay being a Zemo ancestor here was kind of random, but I guess we'll see her again in other flashbacks. Since Heinrich didn't found the Shadow Council like Helmut thought, I'm guessing it dates back to Morgan. I like her redesign.

I really didn't care for Agent Carter manning her own Zola robot. It just felt a little too much, and a bit of a cheat for the heroes to beat Zola.

Stan Lee's appearance was basically a Stan Lee cameo, but it was really nice to hear him again, and talking down Zola. I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a tribute to him at the end of the episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    New episode was pretty good, but I see Tchalla hasn't learned his lesson about brining know villains on the mission with him. lol
    It seems like Klaw is becoming Panther's weaselly sidekick .

What century is Yemandi from? 1600s? 1700s?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    What century is Yemandi from? 1600s? 1700s?
    around 800 AD, give or take a couple centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    around 800 AD, give or take a couple centuries.
    I think the problem was her costume was too "Buccaneer" for the 800s. Future tech in Wakanda is fine, but no reason that clothes would look like a specific later century.

Minor point and in no way hurt this really fun episode. Especially Frog Thor, that was great!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think the problem was her costume was too "Buccaneer" for the 800s. Future tech in Wakanda is fine, but no reason that clothes would look like a specific later century.
    I also didn't really get Thor saying "awesome" all the time. It felt out-of-sorts with the time period they were going for, and what Thor would've been like at the time.

But in general I wasn't really all that crazy about the depiction of Young Thor in this episode.

Though Yemandi was awesome. And having the first African-American Disney princess (Anika Noni Rose is Tiana's voice) voicing the Queen of Wakanda was brilliant .

Actually, a lot of Princess and the Frog references in this episode when you think about it .
    Minor point and in no way hurt this really fun episode. Especially Frog Thor, that was great!
    It was fun to see Frog Thor even if it's not the same without him flying around in frog form in full armor and hammer in hand...

Wakanda is far ahead of the rest off the world in all things including fashion.

That said, no one in the real world ever wore that outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Wakanda is far ahead of the rest off the world in all things including fashion.

That said, no one in the real world ever wore that outfit.
    Mainly it was the hat and coat, which is specific to a certain era. But I get that she is suppose to be a pirate or buccaneer. Nothing to really stress over, more like an explanation why folks thought this took place in the 1600-1700s. But fine, they are far ahead in fashion too.
    As I said, love the show. Rather talk about what happened to Cap anyway
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

EDIT: It won't let me post the video for some reason. It's a preview for next week's two-parter.

Here it is.
    Last edited by TheLemsterPju; 01-28-2019 at 01:33 PM.

the gloves are off. we are going into the final stage of the series with all rockets firing.

Keith David as T'Chaka. This show has given me the #1 thing I wanted from a Black Panther cartoon .

I liked it more than last week, but I didn't like the inclusion of the ancient Atlantians.

Also Bashenga was too soft and no Bast or heart shaped herb. Out of the four origin stories; Coates dead last, Panthers Quest, Original Lee/Kirby, and Movie in first.

sorry it didn't grab you but remember, the origin wasn't about Bashenga or Wkanada or the herb or any of that. T'Challa was trying to find the origins of the crown and what its real meaning to Killmonger is. Remember, this show is not set in the 616 or the movie universe. it's its own thing.

What we know now-

1) the crown was made from the ore that was part of the vibranium mound. it is, therefore, alien in nature, just like vibranium.

2) we know, after the events in this episode, Bashenga took the ore and hid it in Europe, erased all record of his sister from memory and began the tradition of Wakanda being separate from the rest of the world.

3) We know that Yemandi, thousands of years later, found the ore and was partially responsible for Morgan Le Fay being able to transform it into the crown. and we know, for ten thousand years, Bask has been trapped inside.

4) We know it was her defeat at the hands of Yemandi and Thor that caused Morgan to found the first Shadow Council and that the Zemo are her descendants.

5) We know that Wakandans will go to amazing lengths to preserve their deepest and darkest secrets. Even from one another. And, maybe that's not the best policy? We'll see.

What is the Heart of Wakanda? Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Redjack; 01-29-2019 at 01:39 AM.

Gets even funnier when you remember that Yemandi’s va, Anika Noni Rose, is most well known for playing a certain frog kissing Disney Princess.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

So this Vibranium isnt radioactive and safe to touch with bare hands? They also use it offensively. Is it closer to adamantium?