Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Also Bashenga was too soft and no Bast or heart shaped herb. Out of the four origin stories; Coates dead last, Panthers Quest, Original Lee/Kirby, and Movie in first.
    I think Bashenga was so soft to contrast more with Bask being more militant. You can definitely see Wakanda's "we take care of our own and don't look to cause trouble" stance in Bashenga while Bask was basically female Killmonger.

She even wore a gold Panther armor like MCU Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Bashenga was so soft to contrast more with Bask being more militant. You can definitely see Wakanda's "we take care of our own and don't look to cause trouble" stance in Bashenga while Bask was basically female Killmonger.

She even wore a gold Panther armor like MCU Killmonger.
    Not looking to cause trouble isn't the same as "staying behind walls and hope they go away". If they were shown training warriors and going on patrol to "eliminate"(disney safe word lol) raiders I'd have liked Bashenga more.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Gets even funnier when you remember that Yemandi’s va, Anika Noni Rose, is most well known for playing a certain frog kissing Disney Princess.
    Wait. What?

We had NO idea.

Not looking to cause trouble isn't the same as "staying behind walls and hope they go away". If they were shown training warriors and going on patrol to "eliminate"(disney safe word lol) raiders I'd have liked Bashenga more.
    Bashenga is about PROTECTING and SAVNG people. No more no less. Escalating into an all out war with the Atlanteans would have caused unimaginable bloodshed on both sides. That's not the hero's path. And it's not a good king's path either. not unless it's the last resort. You build your defenses before you start something like that. Or you die.

Bask is about fear and aggression. Kill the threat you see, as permanently as possible and worry about the fallout later. That's a death path and it never ever ends well for anyone.

This is why the ore wasn't able to infect Bashenga or Captain America (even when he was trapped inside it). Or T’Challa for that matter. This is a show about heroes, not murderers.

Stick with us. As I said from episode one, there's more going on in this season than just the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Bashenga is about PROTECTING and SAVNG people. No more no less. Escalating into an all out war with the Atlanteans would have caused unimaginable bloodshed on both sides. That's not the hero's path. And it's not a good king's path either. not unless it's the last resort. You build your defenses before you start something like that. Or you die.

Bask is about fear and aggression. Kill the threat you see, as permanently as possible and worry about the fallout later. That's a death path and it never ever ends well for anyone.

This is why the ore wasn't able to infect Bashenga or Captain America (even when he was trapped inside it). Or T’Challa for that matter. This is a show about heroes, not murderers.

Stick with us. As I said from episode one, there's more going on in this season than just the obvious.
    Forgot a few words. Meant to say eliminate raiders who crossed into Wakandan lands.

And I don't consider the Panthers to be heroes. They'll pike enemy heads to send a message or kill all but one invader. Not very heroic. It's not 616, but the Quest interpretation might be why it doesnt appeal to me as much as the comic.

Forgot a few words. Meant to say eliminate raiders who crossed into Wakandan lands.

And I don't consider the Panthers to be heroes. They'll pike enemy heads to send a message or kill all but one invader. Not very heroic. It's not 616, but the Quest interpretation might be why it doesnt appeal to me as much as the comic.

Again, this is none of the other shows, comics or movies. it's its own universe so none of those stories apply unless we say they apply. The same way the Justice League shows are not the comics or the movies. Just like that.

And if you don't like it why are you watching it? That never makes sense to me. I don't watch anything that doesn't please me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Again, this is none of the other shows, comics or movies. it's its own universe so none of those stories apply unless we say they apply. The same way the Justice League shows are not the comics or the movies. Just like that.

And if you don't like it why are you watching it? That never makes sense to me. I don't watch anything that doesn't please me.
    Because I'm not "fair weather" Black Panther fan. He's my favorite and I'll and read as much as I can. Good or bad.

I mean, this is still a kids show so there's only so much of that kind of stuff that they can get across or that would be appropriate for the audience, and they probably want to emphasize the Panther lineage as noble and heroic since this is a Superhero show.

Black Panther, currently, is a super-hero. Historically ALL the Panthers have been heroes of one sort or another. While I also enjoy some of the harsher depictions of Wakanda over the years (SEE WAKANDA AND DIE is a personal favorite arc) three things are always going to be true.

1) As Frontier points out, this show is not targeted at the same audience as the current comics. Most of what's in them right now is FAR too dark for a DISNEY show aimed at the kids and the whole family. That's if I was even inclined to repeat someone else's stories, which I'm not. If Marvel had wanted that, i wouldn't have taken the job.

2) We did not set out to tell the stories you've already seen in the comics and the movie or on any other show that includes T'Challa and his people. What fun would THAT be?

We set out to tell what we think is a really strong, totally original story, one at the end of which, people will both love and revisit time and again. We've already presented two completely original characters (Bask and Yemandi) and upgraded two more (Tiger Shark and Zanda) and COMPLETELY modified others (White Wolf, Attuma and M'Baku). We've placed T'Chanda rather than T'Chaka as the WW2 Black Panther and we've created our own version of the Shadow Council that is WILDLY different from what's in the comics. All of this (and more) sets us apart from 616 in pretty much every way. So, it's not really fair to compare us to 616 when that was never where we were trying to take you. IOW: you can't fail at something you were never trying to do.

3) I personally do not tell super-hero stories where the heroes are blood-thirsty murderers. This is why i'll never write a Wolverine, Punisher, Lobo or any other character of that ilk with a mind to promoting them as anything desirable to emulate or support. So, if you see my name attached to a project, you can bet it will not be about that sort of person. This may be disappointing to some but that's how it is. I don't like those characters. they don't speak to me. i think they're toxic so I don't write them except to point out how awful they are.

Mileage varies.

Just saw the latest ep. Thought it was fantastic. And it's not often an animated show makes me say "whoa!" at the end.I stopped reding Marvelbppks about 6-8 years ago, so I don't care how this lines up with them, or the movies for that matter, just enjoying the show. RJ, or GT or whatever, you are doing a great job.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

We have our own continuity. I hope folks dig it. The next few episodes are going to be explosive.

here are all five of the full episodes of BLACK PANTHeR'S QUEST ON YOUTUBE FROM MARVEL HQ.

Dunno how long they'll last so...

ENJOY!