Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm going to miss Trevor Devall's Klaw. I mean, he's not the master of sound nemesis for the Black Panther that he's usually depicted as, but him being Black Panther's unwitting villain buddy was hilarious.

Poor M'Baku. Although I guess his gorilla armor was probably sturdy enough to let him survive the fall.

I liked Shuri "challenging" Bask in her own way, eschewing a physical challenge for a mental one by making Bask realize how her actions were damaging Wakanda and get Bask to regain her humanity and redeem herself. Shuri on this show has always been quicker with her wit and words, so it makes sense that her way of defeating Bask would be different from how T'Challa probably would've done it.

I've never been too crazy about this show's version of Killmonger right up to the end. I love his costume, love his VA, and the re-framing of him as a Wakandan closer to T'Chaka who mentored the royal family was interesting (even if I felt like the show never really did anything with that aspect), but outside killing Attuma he's mostly felt like more talk then an impressive and imposing villain. Even his final fight with T'Challa was just decent instead of a really climactic showdown...although I guess maybe the emphasis was on all the stuff that came after that fight.

I didn't really care for Hunters' death. It felt too fast for it to really have the weight it needed and, honestly, Tiger Shark's blow really didn't seem all that severe compared to some of the other hits we've seen on this show (I know there's only so much you can get away with on a kids show, but still). I think killing off Tiger Shark would've been less of a loss then losing Hunter.

T'Challa losing his status as king and Shuri becoming queen doesn't seem like a status quo that would've stuck in the long-term, but it was definitely an interesting and surprising note to leave off on. I guess T'Challa's always struggled with the politics and stature of being a king, and having to manage so many different intricacies from his status as ruler, so having the freedom to be just a pure hero and protector of Wakanda and the world is probably very liberating. Besides, on this show he's definitely done more adventuring then actual ruling, so it doesn't really change much of how he actually operates beyond not being able to waive around that he's a king anymore.
    If there are more Avengers Assemble seasons or they do a complete relaunch, he'll be king again. Its the money grab part of his character. Otherwise he isn't much different than a normal superhero. And the black characters already struggle to stand out. Don't take away the one aspect that makes him stand out from the pack. Between Liss and Hickman the best he could get was a cameo in a Misty Knight comic(not sure if it was Misty)lol. And the King/Hero struggle dynamic doesn't make sense to me. Advanced as WK is, most of the stuff is probably automated and there is a council to shoulder the day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If there are more Avengers Assemble seasons or they do a complete relaunch, he'll be king again. Its the money grab part of his character. Otherwise he isn't much different than a normal superhero. And the black characters already struggle to stand out. Don't take away the one aspect that makes him stand out from the pack. Between Liss and Hickman the best he could get was a cameo in a Misty Knight comic(not sure if it was Misty)lol. And the King/Hero struggle dynamic doesn't make sense to me. Advanced as WK is, most of the stuff is probably automated and there is a council to shoulder the day to day.
    Course, to get T'Challa back on the throne (something I would agree is inevitable), that likely means something bad will happen to poor Shuri somewhere down the line.

Hopefully we won't be getting any Thanos invasions anytime soon.

I think Assemble is definitely over.

Nothing says "final season" like the fact that they cut down the episode count and haven't announced a renewal or a continuation after the current season ended.

Even the final episode felt less like a Panther's Quest episode and more like a solid Avengers episode to finish some of the loose-end plot points and cap off the fact that this was originally an Avengers show.

What shows of the DCAU? Cause that's a wide spectrum.
    Was all good for me from Batman tas all the way up to JLU. Just mean the average timmverse show from the 90s into early 2000s

I think Assemble is definitely over.

Nothing says "final season" like the fact that they cut down the episode count and haven't announced a renewal or a continuation after the current season ended.

Even the final episode felt less like a Panther's Quest episode and more like a solid Avengers episode to finish some of the loose-end plot points and cap off the fact that this was originally an Avengers show.
    I'd be shocked if they ended the cartoon if there's still another Avengers movie on the horizen I would think they would at least give it another season... unless maybe there's a reboot in mind or something.

Gotta put the toys back in the box when you're done with them.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd be shocked if they ended the cartoon if there's still another Avengers movie on the horizen I would think they would at least give it another season... unless maybe there's a reboot in mind or something.
    Seems like production is officially finished on the Avengers cartoons.

I think if there was going to be a follow up season they would have announced it by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Gotta put the toys back in the box when you're done with them.
    And get in one last bit of random and outdated movie synergy with Thor .

Seems like production is officially finished on the Avengers cartoons.

I think if there was going to be a follow up season they would have announced it by now.

And get in one last bit of random and outdated movie synergy with Thor .
    that is never the thought process. we just thought it was fun. I know that doesn't fit the cynical narrative that some fans like to live on but, really, we just thought it would be fun. Like frog thor. like trapping ant-man. fun.

that is never the thought process. we just thought it was fun. I know that doesn't fit the cynical narrative that some fans like to live on but, really, we just thought it would be fun. Like frog thor. like trapping ant-man. fun.
    Fair enough.

Personally it just seemed completely out-of-place and unnecessary, especially compared to those examples you listed, but I'm just kind of over how this cartoon brings stuff over from the movies, so I guess I'm a little testy about it..

Fair enough.

Personally it just seemed completely out-of-place and unnecessary, especially compared to those examples you listed, but I'm just kind of over how this cartoon brings stuff over from the movies, so I guess I'm a little testy about it..
    we had no contact with the movies. we carved out our own thing. dunno how they did it in previous seasons but that's not how we did it.

we hadn't seen Thor since T’Challa shot him into space so we wanted to show that a lot had been going on in his life since then. we liked the Ragnarok look and weapon and that's about the extent of it.

fun, man. seriously. Our favorite phrase was, "Wouldn't it be cool if..."

we hadn't seen Thor since T’Challa shot him into space so we wanted to show that a lot had been going on in his life since then. we liked the Ragnarok look and weapon and that's about the extent of it.
    Wasn't he at Cap's funeral, looking normal ?

Wasn't he at Cap's funeral, looking normal ?
    yeah. and nothing after until the final episode. time passes.

the characters have lives when we're not seeing them. Tony had time to develop multiple new armors. Clint had time to try to get his hands working again. Thor had some adventure where he lost his eye and got a new weapon. There's nothing saying that the same adventure he had in the movie resulted in that outcome. If asked to write that story, it's a sure bet we would NOT have told the ragnarok story but some completely original one to explain the changes.

All-New Member

You'll have to watch the second half of Guardians of the Galaxy Breakout when it comes back on air to find out what happened to Thor. :0

The J-man

CBR and comicbook.com are reporting that the anime Future Avengers will be dubbed. That would confirm Assemble's demise... only, doesn't the dub already exist and hasn't it been aired in places like India? I think those sites might have got the wrong end of the stick!
    https://www.cbr.com/future-avengers-anime-english-dub/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman