Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    RJ, is there any character you wanted to use and your boss(es) said no?

There were a LOT of off-limits characters at the beginning because either Marvel doesn't currently own them (FF, SPIDER-MAN, various villains, etc.,). By the time some of them became available it was too late to use them even if we'd wanted to at that point. Remember, we started making the show while they were still shooting the movie's PRINCIPAL photography. 2016.

Some of the characters i wanted and even TRIED to use at various points were nixed for a lot of backstage reasons. On the other side we got to INVENT at least two completely new characters and show some stuff never seen in the comics or films.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Finally we get to see some Doras! Even if it was brief.

Cool action packed episode. Are we trying to push Tiger Shark up in BP's rogue gallery? I'm really curious as to how/why you decided on Tiger Shark as one of the main villains for this show.

I feel like Zemo's characterization might confuse some long time Avengers cartoon watchers. It doesn't seem like he's part of the other previous Avengers shows continuity. I know you said this show stands on its own apart from past shows and movies, but I wonder if everyone knows that. Redjack if you didn't mention it previously I would assume otherwise. In a vacuum I thought Zemo was fine, but as a Marvel fan familiar with other incarnations I'm not sure how I feel about him. I don't know if you're setting up for Thunderbolts or he's really going to be a good guy. I'm assuming Zemo plays an important part later on.

Our Tiger Shark is not like the comic book one. He has an agenda and he's on the SHADOW COUNCIL. I don't know what MArvel's long-term plans are for the cartoon version of BP but MY plan was to create a set of Rogues that, when you see them, you think Black Panther, the way you do with Batman and Flash's rogues and their heroes. I also, unlike some, don't want him limited to Africa much less Wakanda. T'Chaka opened the borders, for better or worse, making Wakanda part of the world. BP needs enemies that reflect that. The Shadow Council is my try to give BP his own rogues.

The SC is made up of several villains, each with their own agenda, large or small. You've officially only met three, so far. N'Jadaka, Tiger Shark and M'Baku. Several more are coming.

Not every villain we meet is on the Council or even working for them. Some, like Crossbones, are just normal bad guys doing what they do.

I really can't over stress how different this show is from previous seasons. These are more complex takes on all the characters, even Shuri and T'Challa, than we've been ALLOWED to present before. There is a lot of gray in our series. People aren't always what they seem- villains or heroes. This time not everything is so clear cut. Everything everyone says actually matters. sometimes the WAY they say it matters.

As we move forward you'll see what I'm talking about.

So much webbing and we haven't even gotten to the Spider-Man guest appearance .

Redjack, maybe you can't speak to this but, do you know why Marvel seems to be moving away from vibranium daggers/energy daggers with BP across multimedia? In my mind they have been a staple of BP's in the comics since the 90s, but see to have fallen off in recent years.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Our Tiger Shark is not like the comic book one. He has an agenda and he's on the SHADOW COUNCIL. I don't know what MArvel's long-term plans are for the cartoon version of BP but MY plan was to create a set of Rogues that, when you see them, you think Black Panther, the way you do with Batman and Flash's rogues and their heroes. I also, unlike some, don't want him limited to Africa much less Wakanda. T'Chaka opened the borders, for better or worse, making Wakanda part of the world. BP needs enemies that reflect that. The Shadow Council is my try to give BP his own rogues.

The SC is made up of several villains, each with their own agenda, large or small. You've officially only met three, so far. N'Jadaka, Tiger Shark and M'Baku. Several more are coming.

Not every villain we meet is on the Council or even working for them. Some, like Crossbones, are just normal bad guys doing what they do.

I really can't over stress how different this show is from previous seasons. These are more complex takes on all the characters, even Shuri and T'Challa, than we've been ALLOWED to present before. There is a lot of gray in our series. People aren't always what they seem- villains or heroes. This time not everything is so clear cut. Everything everyone says actually matters. sometimes the WAY they say it matters.

As we move forward you'll see what I'm talking about.
    kudos and continued success with this project! hopefully it will be renewed for a spinoff show!

Marvel ladies making moves!

Zanda baby
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Even the most deadliest warriors in the world are susceptible to cheap shots .

This version of Zanda reminds me of Lady Shiva.
    Marvel ladies making moves!
    Man, remember when Marvel cartoons used to only have one, token, female character with a standardized personality ?

For some reason my 6 year old was completely shocked when BP suit turned into flippers in ep1 lol.

"wait he can do that"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So I saw the episode on demand. I'm noticing the Shadow Council seems to keep failing at their missions and mistakenly(?) leaves something behind (like in "Into the Deep") that gives the heroes an advantage.

Am I missing something, or is there going to be something big in the coming episodes and things like Killmonger leaving that thing behind were part of some ruse?

Will the Shadow Council be the antagonists for the whole season or just the first half?
    Last edited by TheLemsterPju; 10-21-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    So I saw the episode on demand. I'm noticing the Shadow Council seems to keep failing at their missions and mistakenly(?) leaves something behind (like in "Into the Deep") that gives the heroes an advantage.

Am I missing something, or is there going to be something big in the coming episodes and things like Killmonger leaving that thing behind were part of some ruse?

Will the Shadow Council be the antagonists for the whole season or just the first half?
    if you're expecting spoilers from me, you shouldn't hold your breath. keep watching.

I wonder if the Crossbones scene has some importance later in the season, or it was just a cool scene. Felt slightly out of place with the rest of the episode.

Zanda was really cool. Episode went by really fast.

My nitpick. T'Challa said "I don't know" too many times . Also I'm gonna need a detailed stat breakdown on Zanda she had way more success against T'Challa than even Tiger Shark did.
    The J-man

Well. Tiger Shark's basically a brawler. Zanda tossed BP over her head ONE HANDED plus she's not lying about her fight skills.

I don't intend to be negative, since I'm liking this season so far despite my issues with it, but wow. The ratings aren't doing so hot.

Milo Murphy's Law: 423,000 (0.09)
    Star Wars Resistance (Series Premiere): 336,000 (0.08)
    DIsney XD
    Avengers: Black Panther's Quest: 90,000 (0.02)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    I don't intend to be negative, since I'm liking this season so far despite my issues with it, but wow. The ratings aren't doing so hot.
    That's an issue for Marvel, I guess. Not me.They brought me in to make something awesome. We made something awesome. If folks don't watch it, that's their loss.