Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    That's an issue for Marvel, I guess. Not me.They brought me in to make something awesome. We made something awesome. If folks don't watch it, that's their loss.
    I think most of them just aren't watching it live. I think they prefer to watch it via DVR recording, reruns, on Demand or...other means which I don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    I think most of them just aren't watching it live. I think they prefer to watch it via DVR recording, reruns, on Demand or...other means which I don't agree with.
    well, numbers on viewership are tracked in a variety of ways INCLUDING three day or one week delays. More than half the audience no longer watches anything on the actual night so real numbers take a long time to come in.

Over the run of the series I expect to see increased enthusiasm and viewership as people start talking about the crazy things we're doing. If the mid-season finale episodes don't rock everybody back on their heels, we haven't done our jobs.

But we have.

The thing people just have to realize is THIS season is WILDLY different from ALL previous seasons.
    Last edited by Redjack; 10-21-2018 at 11:47 PM.

I don't intend to be negative, since I'm liking this season so far despite my issues with it, but wow. The ratings aren't doing so hot.
    The real question would be how it compares to previous Avengers Assemble seasons?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    The thing people just have to realize is THIS season is WILDLY different from ALL previous seasons.
    Yeah, there is good and bad to connecting to an already established universe.

A lot of people soured on Avenges Assemble early on because a) the earliest episodes weren't good b) it came out right after they cancelled the EMH, which most people seemed to enjoy.

So, you have that "baggage" coming in with Black Panther for a lot of people. They aren't even giving it a shot because they assume it is just like Avengers Assemble from years ago.

But, even after two episodes, you can figure out it is much more like EMH because it isn't super dumbed down and their is an advancing plot episode to episode. Each episode builds on the other. It isn't treating the viewer like a 3 year old.

I think as goodwill builds and as long as fans keep talking about it, it will gain its audience. Hopefully Disney Marketing recognizes all the outside forces involved and doesn't judge strictly by outdated numbeing system

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The real question would be how it compares to previous Avengers Assemble seasons?
    Judging from these sourced ratings on the far right, the previous seasons did very well for something on Disney XD. This, Hulk (yes that Hulk show) and USM actually got really good ratings over a lot of their run.

I dunno why it dropped massively for this season in particular...

I don't intend to be negative, since I'm liking this season so far despite my issues with it, but wow. The ratings aren't doing so hot.
    where do you see the actual ratings? I can't find them on the link you posted.

Are these Nielsen ratings or comScore/Rentrak? What does the (.2) mean after the 90,000 is that change? Is that suppose to be 22,000? I'm assuming this is for AA (Average Audience). Also how is this list filtered where is the Sunday Night Football game that should easily be number 1.

More often than not their is a correlation between Live viewing and VOD & DVR but not always. Looks like these are just Live + Same Day and not Live + DVR and weekly. Disney has a number of ways to measure viewership from the two main tv ratings service to numbers directly from subscribers or people watching via Disney Go, so will never know the extent of viewership unless it is released.

I think a better comparison would be to Avengers Assemble or even better the new show Marvel Rising since Disney changed up the animation and seems to be marketing that show a little harder. It also matters what the show expectations are and what the competition is, what the previous show did in that times lot etc. I doubt Disney expected this show to pull Teen Titans Go or Sponge Bob numbers .
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-22-2018 at 08:08 AM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    where do you see the actual ratings? I can't find them on the link you posted.

Are these Nielsen ratings or comScore/Rentrak? What does the (.2) mean after the 90,000 is that change? Is that suppose to be 22,000? I'm assuming this is for AA (Average Audience). Also how is this list filtered where is the Sunday Night Football game that should easily be number 1.

More often than not their is a correlation between Live viewing and VOD & DVR but not always. I'm assuming these are just Live Ratings and not Live + DVR & weekly streaming. Disney has a number of ways to measure viewership from the two main tv ratings service to numbers directly from subscribers or people watching via Disney Go, so will never know the extent of viewership unless it is released.

I think a better comparison would be to Avengers Assemble or even better the new show Marvel Rising since Disney changed up the animation and seems to be marketing that show a little harder. It also matters what the show expectations are and what the competition is, what the previous show did in that times lot etc. I doubt Disney expected this show to pull Teen Titans Go or Sponge Bob numbers .
    It's in the comment section of the page.

It's in the comment section of the page.
    so its just the comment. I honestly don't trust that. A .02 is absurdly low, like cancel immediately low. I don't have access to children channel ratings anymore but from my saved files I have access to some children's ratings from last year. Even Boomerang ratings don't get that low. Thats like a graveyard shift 4Am - 6Am TeenNick ratings.

9pm Primetime on a Sunday for Disney XD you are at least going to get a .1 or a .2 rating. They have too much distribution to pull a .02. You could put re-runs from decades ago and get a better ratings.

A channel that would pull a .02 on a Sunday would be a small multicultural channel you've probably never heard of. TVE, WAPA America, HITN, Discovery Familia, Nat Geo Mundo, Centro America TV etc.

I could believe that is a typo or just incorrect. A .02 rating for Disney XD Sunday Primetime is unbelievably low. We'd be seeing articles and they'd either move the time-slot or cancel the show.
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-22-2018 at 08:35 AM.
    The J-man

so its just the comment. I honestly don't trust that. A .02 is absurdly low, like cancel immediately low. I don't have access to children channel ratings anymore but from my saved files I have access to some children's ratings from last year. Even Boomerang ratings don't get that low. Thats like a graveyard shift 4Am - 6Am TeenNick ratings.

9pm Primetime on a Sunday for Disney XD you are at least going to get a .1 or a .2 rating. They have too much distribution to pull a .02. You could put re-runs from decades ago and get a better ratings.

A channel that would pull a .02 on a Sunday would be a small multicultural channel you've probably never heard of. TVE, WAPA America, HITN, Discovery Familia, Nat Geo Mundo, Centro America TV etc.

I could believe that is a typo or just incorrect. A .02 rating for Disney XD Sunday Primetime is unbelievably low. We'd be seeing articles and they'd either move the time-slot or cancel the show.
    the premier according to wiki did .15, .02 doesn't make any sense lol

I hope we go more in depth with Zanda. She's a shapeshifter... what?! Tell me more.

After this season is over I'm hounding Redjack for the show Bible. I want stats and the fully unadulterated BP handbook
    The J-man

I hope we go more in depth with Zanda. She's a shapeshifter... what?! Tell me more.

After this season is over I'm hounding Redjack for the show Bible. I want stats and the fully unadulterated BP handbook
    Zanda is on the Shadow Council. You'll see more Zanda.

Redjack, maybe you can't speak to this but, do you know why Marvel seems to be moving away from vibranium daggers/energy daggers with BP across multimedia? In my mind they have been a staple of BP's in the comics since the 90s, but see to have fallen off in recent years.
    i don't think it's a mandate. I never got a memo about it, that's for sure. Personally I've never liked the daggers. It never crossed my mind to use them. Vibranium claws are more useful and, frankly, scarier. IMO, of course. Mileage varies.

I guess this clarifies that MSM Kraven (even if that's probably a different continuity) gets most of his audience from the dark net; when he's not hacking New York jumbotrons.

Speaking of dark, he's essentially making snuff films, which judging from the fact that he said this isn't his first video means his others were likely successful kills, on a kid's show. :P

I like the concept though, as twisted as it is.
    Last edited by TheLemsterPju; 10-25-2018 at 04:43 AM.

I guess this clarifies that MSM Kraven (even if that's probably a different continuity) gets most of his audience from the dark net; when he's not hacking New York jumbotrons.

Speaking of dark, he's essentially making snuff films, which judging from the fact that he said this isn't his first video means his others were likely successful kills, on a kid's show. :P

I like the concept though, as twisted as it is.
    Does anyone else think this version of Kraven looks a little out of shape? He seems like he kind of has a gut going on.

Be kind of cool if we see the Marvel's Spider-Man version of Peter and Miles watching Kraven's show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does anyone else think this version of Kraven looks a little out of shape? He seems like he kind of has a gut going on.

Be kind of cool if we see the Marvel's Spider-Man version of Peter and Miles watching Kraven's show.

like i posted on the BP thread

This Kraven is like the first super in a comic show not to have abs lol

Dudes built lie ka powerlifter lol