Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Further character development for Zemo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post

Looks like the final stage from American Gladiator. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post

Zemo's mask is so distracting. I also get that it's also more of a helmet here, but the metallic voice just sounds weird for Zemo .

But nice Shuri action though .

Okay this episode was really good. I won't go into spoilers because this hasn't aired on live tv yet, but let me just say I was presently surprised. Actually I''ll use spoiler tags for now

spoilers:
    Very curious about the pt snake from the beginning of the episode and how that will factor in alter in the season. I've got a mixed reaction on the Kraven part. I'd already seen a portion of the fight from a clip before this show even premiered. The nerdy Black Panther fan in me was given palpitations by seeing a wooden arrow wiping the vibranium weave. I wonder if Black Panthers costume is more nano tech. I'm not sure exactly how Kraven hacking it makes it super flimsy, because it doesn't appear to be like the new MCU armor. However, it was nice to see T'Challa rely on his natural skills and ingenuity against Killmonger and Kraven. Loved how he moved in the shadows and put the beat down on Kraven.

I wasn't in love with the Wakandan hacking part ... at first. It felt very reminiscent of something you'd see

Love what they've done with Killmonger. It's crazy how the film and this show have modernized Kraven. Obviously his armor is more reminiscent of the comics but other than that his character look is closer to that of the film than the comics. In the comics he's just this huge chiseled man that would make someone like Bane cry for their mommy. Now that I think about it I like Killmonger having his own distinct armor more than having another Black Panther armor set.

Final thoughts. I think BP is borderline entering Spider-Man stat territory in the sense that he's kind of this high street level or very low-end mid-tier range. I don't think he's as blatantly superhuman as MCU t'Challa or Cap but his fight against Tiger Shark, wild animals and other Atlantians definetly puts him above the capabilities of a normal human. However, he also had trouble with some normal humans and Kraven. I just find that very similar to Spider-Man who throws down with Rhino, Vulture and other superhuman but also has trouble with martial artists and regular humans on occasion. By no means is this a complaint, just an observation.. I kind of prefer it this way honestly, I think it opens up more compelling story options.

Also never trust Zemo. There is now ay this ends well.

Once again the parallels between this show and the Movie are crazy. Killmongers goal, the Wakandan shield, Shuri being the tech genius
    end of spoilers
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Okay this episode was really good. I won't go into spoilers because this hasn't aired on live tv yet, but let me just say I was presently surprised. Actually I''ll use spoiler tags for now

spoilers:
    Very curious about the pt snake from the beginning of the episode and how that will factor in alter in the season. I've got a mixed reaction on the Kraven part. I'd already seen a portion of the fight from a clip before this show even premiered. The nerdy Black Panther fan in me was given palpitations by seeing a wooden arrow wiping the vibranium weave. I wonder if Black Panthers costume is more nano tech. I'm not sure exactly how Kraven hacking it makes it super flimsy, because it doesn't appear to be like the new MCU armor. However, it was nice to see T'Challa rely on his natural skills and ingenuity against Killmonger and Kraven. Loved how he moved in the shadows and put the beat down on Kraven.

I wasn't in love with the Wakandan hacking part ... at first. It felt very reminiscent of something you'd see

Love what they've done with Killmonger. It's crazy how the film and this show have modernized Kraven. Obviously his armor is more reminiscent of the comics but other than that his character look is closer to that of the film than the comics. In the comics he's just this huge chiseled man that would make someone like Bane cry for their mommy. Now that I think about it I like Killmonger having his own distinct armor more than having another Black Panther armor set.

Final thoughts. I think BP is borderline entering Spider-Man stat territory in the sense that he's kind of this high street level or very low-end mid-tier range. I don't think he's as blatantly superhuman as MCU t'Challa or Cap but his fight against Tiger Shark, wild animals and other Atlantians definetly puts him above the capabilities of a normal human. However, he also had trouble with some normal humans and Kraven. I just find that very similar to Spider-Man who throws down with Rhino, Vulture and other superhuman but also has trouble with martial artists and regular humans on occasion. By no means is this a complaint, just an observation.. I kind of prefer it this way honestly, I think it opens up more compelling story options.

Once again the parallels between this show and the Movie are crazy. Killmongers goal, the Wakandan shield, Shuri being the tech genius
    end of spoilers
    Vb tends to be a flimsy as the story dictates. Lol. One moment knives break when making contact and the next the suit gets cut(against the grain, whatever that means). Or bullets don't hurt it, but hand to hand combat somehow works. Lol.

We should come up with a phrase or something. "Vibranium Plot Physics"?

I hope Redjack can confirm whether or not

spoilers:
    Kraven died when that volcano erupted.
    end of spoilers

I don't think so. This is Disney XD
    The J-man

Kraven's a spider-man character. we're not allowed to kill characters from other series.

And, always remember

1) This show is no longer targeted at kids exclusively. We are an ALL AGES show

2) We had ZERO contact with the makers of either Black Panther or Infinity War while writing this stuff. ZERO.

3) While this is being called a 5th season of Avengers Assemble. there will be close to ZERO connection between this season and previous ones. If you're looking for callbacks to earlier episodes, there is literally only ONE of those in play. This could just as easily have been season one of the Black Panther show. You should watch it as if it is. I have zero interest in continuing any plot threads from previous seasons or bringing back characters that don't directly relate the Black Panther and his quest.

4) I never lie or mislead. If there's something I don't want you to know, I'll just say, "Keep watching" if I don't want to spoil something or answer directly.

Incredible Member

question.

I just watched the first few episodes of panther quest.

What happened to the hulk? I miss his banter with thor (and how they saved xmas).

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    question.

I just watched the first few episodes of panther quest.

What happened to the hulk? I miss his banter with thor (and how they saved xmas).
    nothing happened to the Hulk. He's just not in this story.

This isn't Avengers: Assemble.

It's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Vb tends to be a flimsy as the story dictates. Lol. One moment knives break when making contact and the next the suit gets cut(against the grain, whatever that means). Or bullets don't hurt it, but hand to hand combat somehow works. Lol.

We should come up with a phrase or something. "Vibranium Plot Physics"?

HaHa I like that. Thanks to some of the more iconic comic runs and the movie I don't like Vibranium to tear even though it's happened a number of times: Redzone, BP vs Ironfist, McGregor's run etc. etc. Still its nice to show that BP is the man even without his tech
    The J-man

HaHa I like that. Thanks to some of the more iconic comic runs and the movie I don't like Vibranium to tear even though it's happened a number of times: Redzone, BP vs Ironfist, McGregor's run etc. etc. Still its nice to show that BP is the man even without his tech
    TBF to McGregor, his suit wasn't vibranium until Priest.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'd be more open to the idea if its was a mystic enhancing weapons for villains to pass through vibranium. Or if there was a science explanation like the new tech has a trade off. For the force push and energy redirection, the Vibranium is more susceptible to physical attacks because its "alterd Vibranium" maybe, especially when it overloads? Like Spiderman running out of webbing. lol

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I'm okay with the hacking because its a high ranking Wakandan using Wakandan tech. Kravens' hacking is a bit more questionable. If he can do it anybody with tech can. Might wanna switch to Vb weave with miniamal tech. lol