Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is Legends of the Dark Knight the best Bat book EVER?

Why does no one here ever talk about it?

It's better than Deceive Comics and Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post

Wasn't there a nice line of action figures associated with it?

Stuff like Mask, Shaman, etc were pure gold. It really was a great series. The relaunch during the new 52 wasn't bad at all.

I thought it was a great series.

When I became a regular Batman reader, Bane had just broken the bat and Azrael began his takeover. So Legends of the Dark Knight was my only chance to see the original Batman in action.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-10-2018 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Made corrections.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post

It was a great serie, but there has been others just as good: Shadow of the Bat, Gotham Central, Streets of Gotham, Arkham Asylum, ....

BANNED

II'd be willing to say the best Batman book, but Gotham Central beats it as the best Bat book.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Stuff like Mask, Shaman, etc were pure gold. It really was a great series. The relaunch during the new 52 wasn't bad at all.
    The best stories in LotDK were really good - but I didn't really like Mask or Shaman.

Prey (despite me not liking Moench or Gulacy), Watchtower, Venom and Faces were all great.

BANNED

I really loved Blades.

Plus it got me Tim Sale Batman art without having to put up with Jeph Loeb's scribblings.

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

It was a great series and #11 had one of the most beautiful covers ever (by Paul Gulacy):

G5BDfL0.jpg
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I really loved Blades.

Plus it got me Tim Sale Batman art without having to put up with Jeph Loeb's scribblings.
    Good call. I forgot that one.

A lot of my favourite Batman stories are from Legends of the Dark Knight.

The in-and-out of continuity element of the book used to create a lot of debate.

It was a great platform for writers and artists that might otherwise never have worked on Batman (more so after KnightsEnd).

Tao was one of my favourites - the fight scene at the end and the twist that came with it. Seriously, no wonder elements of Gotham's underworld were scared spitless of Batman

I love this title. Among my favorites stories are Venom, Faces, Hothouse and Prey. I’ve also read Turf, Terror, Flyer, Going Sane, the first two annuals and Images (issue #50) and two days ago I bought Gothic and I’m eager to read it today. I’m not counting issues that are part of major crossovers such as No Man’s Land

47926DD8-EA94-48CE-90DC-F89927A1EB48.jpg
    Last edited by Chubistian; 10-11-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

It definitely has some of the greatest stories ever told with the character. However, it irks me greatly how LOTDK retcon much of Batman's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    It definitely has some of the greatest stories ever told with the character. However, it irks me greatly how LOTDK retcon much of Batman's history.
    By 'history' do you mean the continuity established post-Year One/post-CoIE?

Most of the stories, especially pre-KnightsEnd (and excluding Venom (by that point) and the three-part crossover) were out-of-continuity. Some (like Venom) were later folded in but that wasn't the initial intention.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    By 'history' do you mean the continuity established post-Year One/post-CoIE?

Most of the stories, especially pre-KnightsEnd (and excluding Venom (by that point) and the three-part crossover) were out-of-continuity. Some (like Venom) were later folded in but that wasn't the initial intention.
    Seriously? Well okay. I'm not quite familiar with the publishing history of the Batman franchise as I am with other DC characters.