Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
A thought just popped into my head: Bendis' Superman is an absolute beast when it comes to solar reserves, right?

But maybe the most impressive part is the fact that he let out a solar flare and then not only took that hit from space to Earth but also had the power to create a vortex to get nearly every inmate off world in one go AND physically force Zaar off world. Keep in mind again, he is not recharging his power at any point. This is a pretty monstrous level of endurance and solar power on display.
I'm not sure if Bendis is writing him as an absolute beast, or if he's just writing Clark the way he's supposed to be written and it's been so long we've all forgotten how it's supposed to be. Either way, you know I'm happy here. This was the kind of showing I want to see from my Super-fights and once more Bendis has not disappointed.

Also, props to Bendis for writing the solar flare and handling it properly. I would've been happy to never see that stupid-ass power referenced again, ever, but Bendis uses it really well here. At first I thought it was just one of those "knock everyone in the pig pile back" power moves we see all the strong characters pull off, but it is indeed the flare.

And for all of us who complain about how Bendis ignores continuity (and Ive done it too) here we are yet again with the guy picking up the work of previous writers and using it.

Really fun issue, and I loved the flashback with Jon. Actually speaking of Jon, I'm really glad that Bendis is writing him with these outbursts. If you actually look at the stuff Jurgens and Tomasi wrote, Jon's not the perfect little angel some fans seem to want him painted as. And I'm glad that Bendis isn't drinking the kool-aid.

Reis, as always, is an art god.