Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Flint Marko is only the name Sandman calls himself as an alias. His real name is William Baker.

Ya have to wonder why 60s Marvel was obsessed with the name Marko though. Cain Marko, Flint Marko, Man-Mountain Marko.... there may be more.

And they’re all villains. It’s like Stan Lee reeeeeeally hated some guy called Marko.
    It's like DC with using the letter L for names. Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Lana Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Well, it comes from a comic where a zombie Spider Man uses his veins/arteries as webs, eats the members of the Sinister Six except Sandman, and ends the issue by replicating the "Spider Man No More" scene by pulling off his skin and throwing it into a trash can.

So yeah, it's that kind of comic.
    Matter Eater Lad would fit right in.

Zombie Matter Eater Lad, that’s a scary image.

And Cain Marko was pun of “ The Mark of Cain.”

Hinting at his bad nature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Zombie Matter Eater Lad, that’s a scary image.

And Cain Marko was pun of “ The Mark of Cain.”

Hinting at his bad nature.
    Cain's mark was a sign that no man was to hurt him. And no man can hurt the Juggernaut. Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    It's like DC with using the letter L for names. Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Lana Lane.
    Nah, Marvel had their own version of that as well. Random alliteration. Just look at some of the 60s Marvel characters.

Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Bruce Banner, Peter Parker, Matt Murdock, Scott Summers, Warren Worthington, Victor Von Doom, Otto Octavius, Curt Connors, Crusher Creel, Pete Petruski, Blackagar Boltagon, Wyatt Wingfoot, Boris Bullski, Betty Brant, Michael Marko (the aforementioned ‘Man-Mountain’), J Jonah Jameson, Robbie Robertson....

It’s like Stan Lee couldn’t remember names without alliteration.

Nah, Marvel had their own version of that as well. Random alliteration. Just look at some of the 60s Marvel characters.

Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Bruce Banner, Peter Parker, Matt Murdock, Scott Summers, Warren Worthington, Victor Von Doom, Otto Octavius, Curt Connors, Crusher Creel, Pete Petruski, Blackagar Boltagon, Wyatt Wingfoot, Boris Bullski, Betty Brant, Michael Marko (the aforementioned ‘Man-Mountain’), J Jonah Jameson, Robbie Robertson....

I guess it was just the times where people had weird names.

Blackagar Boltagon remains the dumbest/coolest name ever.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Blackagar Boltagon remains the dumbest/coolest name ever.
    I know. Originally my post said..

... Blackagar Boltagon (*sigh*)

Although names like E.Nygma, Roy.G.Bivolo, Basil Elks (Basilisk) always make me laugh as well. It’s like their parents wanted them to become super villains.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Didn't Aquaman used to have the ability to project/manipulate water in the comics?

It's pretty much exactly that. He has admitted that he always had poor memory and that's why so many characters had alliterative names, to help him remember. And he still forgot the names.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It's pretty much exactly that. He has admitted that he always had poor memory and that's why so many characters had alliterative names, to help him remember. And he still forgot the names.

Wow. Just.... wow.

He didn’t exactly have many characters at that point, and especially not characters who fronted their own books.

Also, I forgot Stephen Strange.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Just in case I've been unclear... NOT MY THING. I was more commentating on how that scan wouldn't seem so out of place in some of the more unsavory corners of the interwebs :P
    There's a fetish for EVERYTHING, man. Some are just more blatantly obvious and disturbing than others.

But exploding enemies form the inside or drowning them with themselves is a legit battle tactic for that sort of elemental/shape-shifter.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Didn't Aquaman used to have the ability to project/manipulate water in the comics?
    He briefly had the Water Hand, which replaced his harpoon prosthetic. It gave him magic and I think some water manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    That was when his harpoon hand was replaced with a magical one. It didn't last very long.

EDIT: Got ninja-ed by Sharkerbob.
    Last edited by Slade1; 10-13-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Or he does this:

What comic is this from?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!