Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

At this point, the mystery villain is probably Ben Reilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I miss the Superior Foes
    They were awesome! Hopefully the band will get back together in the pages of ASM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I have a theory on the mystery foe. One word and that is spoilers:
    Mephisto.
    end of spoilers
    One interesting theory I've heard is that it's spoilers:
    Jason Macendale. He's a fairly prominent Spider-Man villain who was killed off, but who has connections to demons. And it would bring a Ditko villain back into the series, with a hook that's different from the other Goblins.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    They were awesome! Hopefully the band will get back together in the pages of ASM.
    I'd be the happiest guy in the world if we ever got to see them back together and Spidey begrudgingly agrees to help them in some way.

BANNED

Mephisto.
    end of spoilers
    Again, we've been dealing with him in Scarlet Spider already. There's no surprise factor in that anymore.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-11-2018 at 01:56 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Jason Macendale. He's a fairly prominent Spider-Man villain who was killed off, but who has connections to demons. And it would bring a Ditko villain back into the series, with a hook that's different from the other Goblins.
    end of spoilers
    I like this one. spoilers:
    With the apparent death of Phil Urich, semi-lobotomization of Norman, and mostly unused Kingsley, there's room for Macendale to return as the current Goblin foe. Plus, with Ned Leeds back(?), there could be a little Hobgoblin war on the horizon
    end of spoilers

I really have to give Spencer credit for the slow burn he is utilizing for the new "RagDemon" foe; it has been a lot of fun and I hope he sticks the landing once his/her ID is revealed. This may be the best guessing game for a Spidey villain since the Hobgoblin intro in the 1980's.

Astonishing Member

Wondering who the new villain is but there's one thing, it has a creepy design to it.

Enjoyed this issue again. Spencer's 7-0 since becoming the new writer on TASM.

Mephisto.
    end of spoilers
    I feel it won't be him exactly, just because that feels a bit too obvious. My theory is that the Ragdemon is either working for him, or related to him in some way. But based on alot of the foreshadowing, it seems pretty clear he'll be making an impact at some point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I feel it won't be him exactly, just because that feels a bit too obvious. My theory is that the Ragdemon is either working for him, or related to him in some way. But based on alot of the foreshadowing, it seems pretty clear he'll be making an impact at some point.
    Maybe Boomerang is working for that mysterious villian. Making friends with Peter could be under thay villian's orders

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Maybe Boomerang is working for that mysterious villian. Making friends with Peter could be under thay villian's orders
    Whoa, now that would be a twist! I don't think that's what's going to happen but, boy, it'd be crazy if it did.

I definitely think that, in living with Peter, Fred is inevitably going to get caught up in this villain's schemes.

So- is boomerang trying to go legit? Or is he trying to con peter? I’d suggest he try his hand at being a hero, but thrn he just becomes cannon fodder for some writer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So- is boomerang trying to go legit? Or is he trying to con peter? I’d suggest he try his hand at being a hero, but thrn he just becomes cannon fodder for some writer.
    Like to think legit. "Loveable rogue".

So I just read through the issue again and wondering if anyone thought that the mystery villain could be Richard Fisk? He would certainly check a lot of the boxes and could be a good twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    end of spoilers
    I had that thought last night as well. but it's the character knowing Peter well that is throwing me. would Fisk bow to someone like that?