Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Amazing Spider-Man#7 Discussion and Spoilers

spoilers:
    Peter and Boomerang escape the Bar With No Name after Peter stalls for time using his "liar" alias to spin a yarn about destroying all of their weapons if they so much as touch him. Peter and Fred bond in an alleyway, with Fred revealing that the Superior Foes he met up with last issue were life model decoys and that he had lost all of his real friends. Peter forgives him, reflecting on all of the second chances he's been given lately by MJ, Aunt May and Curt. Meanwhile, the Kingpin is visited by the mysterious devil in rags, and it's revealed Fisk has a connection to him and is even subservient to him
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Oh man, everytime Ragdoll shows up it gives me chills. Really looking at it, Ramos' design for it kind of reminds me of disfigured Otto from Dying Wish, especially wth the eyes. Very excited to see how far this guy's influence goes, and we don't have to wait long to find out too.

Also more great moments with Boomerang, especially with that Superior Foes flashback.
    end of spoilers

I miss the Superior Foes

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I miss the Superior Foes
    I do. Funniest comic book series I've read.

BANNED

Solid conclusion to the two-parter. The reveal of what was really going on with Fred and his former allies was both poignant and hilarious. I love that Spencer is continuing to really build up Fred as a character and deepen his and Peter's relationship.

And the reveal of the new villain at the end was pretty chilling. Crazy to see Fisk kneeling before anyone and it definitely sets this villain up as major power player.

Wonder how long it's going to be before we get the whole scoop on who he is, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Solid conclusion to the two-parter. The reveal of what was really going on with Fred and his former allies was both poignant and hilarious. I love that Spencer is continuing to really build up Fred as a character and deepen his and Peter's relationship.

And the reveal of the new villain at the end was pretty chilling. Crazy to see Fisk kneeling before anyone and it definitely sets this villain up as major power player.

Wonder how long it's going to be before we get the whole scoop on who he is, exactly.
    have they used pronouns for the character? I don't have my books in front of me. I was just thinking that it possibly being a female would make it even harder to identify this character. he/she says that they know Peter well. and they carry around giant "maggots." I guess they could "know" Peter simply by being a denizen of a hell dimension. Mephisto has loose lips. maybe a new Carrion?

BANNED

With what he/she said about knowing him better than anyone, it could be MJ or Aunt May

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    have they used pronouns for the character? I don't have my books in front of me. I was just thinking that it possibly being a female would make it even harder to identify this character. he/she says that they know Peter well. and they carry around giant "maggots." I guess they could "know" Peter simply by being a denizen of a hell dimension. Mephisto has loose lips. maybe a new Carrion?
    No pronouns used as far as I can recall but I'd have to go back through my issues to be sure.

Besides it clearly being someone from hell or a hell-like dimension, I've got no guesses.

A new Carrion might make sense as the look is definitely reminiscent of Carrion but who knows?

But it seems safe to say that Peter is gonna be in real trouble once whoever this is really makes their presence known.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    No pronouns used as far as I can recall but I'd have to go back through my issues to be sure.

Besides it clearly being someone from hell or a hell-like dimension, I've got no guesses.

A new Carrion might make sense as the look is definitely reminiscent of Carrion but who knows?

But it seems safe to say that Peter is gonna be in real trouble once whoever this is really makes their presence known.
    or not. they aren't going after Peter directly for a reason. seems like they might only have power over those who "deal" with it.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

95% certain that Fred is lying about the lmds
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

I do think it's pretty interesting that he made a point not to name Peter at all in front of Fisk. Just referred to him as "the roommate" and that's he's "off limits". Maybe because they still aren't decided if Fisk knows his identity or not and didn't want to do more hinting?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I do think it's pretty interesting that he made a point not to name Peter at all in front of Fisk. Just referred to him as "the roommate" and that's he's "off limits". Maybe because they still aren't decided if Fisk knows his identity or not and didn't want to do more hinting?
    He/she name dropped Peter when he/she visited Mysterio...but then Mysterio knew Peter's identity it seemed.

BANNED

I have a theory on the mystery foe. One word and that is spoilers:
    Mephisto.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I have a theory on the mystery foe. One word and that is spoilers:
    Mephisto.
    end of spoilers
    Well, yeah. That'd be the obvious choice. Which is why that probably isn't who it is.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Okay, enough about THAT mystery villain...I want to know who the dude in green and yellow with the blaster is! He looks so familiar, but I can't place him! My first thought was Chance, but the costume's all wrong...