Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So- is boomerang trying to go legit? Or is he trying to con peter? I’d suggest he try his hand at being a hero, but thrn he just becomes cannon fodder for some writer.
    Fred is kind of a pathological liar. even if he's convinced himself that he wants to play hero (like he did during Dark Reign), he's lying to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    So I just read through the issue again and wondering if anyone thought that the mystery villain could be Richard Fisk? He would certainly check a lot of the boxes and could be a good twist.
    he doesn't have much of a motive or connection to Mysterio.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I like this one. spoilers:
    With the apparent death of Phil Urich, semi-lobotomization of Norman, and mostly unused Kingsley, there's room for Macendale to return as the current Goblin foe. Plus, with Ned Leeds back(?), there could be a little Hobgoblin war on the horizon
    end of spoilers
    Ned Leeds what?!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Ned Leeds what?!
    In the Annual right before Go Down Swinging, it's revealed that Ned Leeds, who was cloned during Clone Conspiracy, is still alive and in hiding, so it's all the matter of when they want him to come back into play.

Also, until they prove otherwise, I still believe Gwen is still alive and they're just waiting for the right time to drop that bombshell

Who would've thought an A-list superhero and a C-list super-villain would make for a great buddy action comedy combo? Between the last issue and this one, this is probably the closest thing will get to a sequel for Superior Foes of Spider-Man in awhile, and of course I had a blast with both issues. The only reason I gave this issue a lower grade than issue #6 is for that Kingpin scene at the end. To paraphrase Aragorn from Lord of the Rings, "Mr. Fisk...

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #7 review
    Last edited by stillanerd; 10-11-2018 at 01:45 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Also, until they prove otherwise, I still believe Gwen is still alive and they're just waiting for the right time to drop that bombshell
    I think Slott just left that ambiguous so it's available if a future writer wants to use her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Who would've thought an A-list superhero and a C-list super-villain would make for a great buddy action comedy combo? Between the last issue and this one, this is probably the closest thing will get to a sequel for Superior Foes of Spider-Man in awhile, and of course I had a blast with both issues. The only reason I gave this issue a lower grade than issue #6 is for that Kingpin scene at the end.
    Something like that really makes me think Spencer's new villain ought to be in a lot more books if he's that important to Fisk

Still, good point bringing this up:

You know, seeing the Kingpin with whoever that Centipede demon corpse man is, it occurs to me that One More Day wouldn’t have happened if the Kingpin didn’t order the hit out on Spider-Man which resulted in Aunt May getting shot. Makes you think, don’t it?

Fantastic Member

I just hope they keep the new villain around for good... love that design, and want to see him/her bedevil Peter down the road at points. Just need a villain name for them

Another very good, solid issue. Spider-Man is a must buy again (did he ever stop?).
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

I have to say----and I know this is still a very small sample size-----I think Spencer's run is off to a much better start than Slott's was. And I think Slott had a very good start to his run and, no, I am not basing that on the fact that Peter and MJ are a couple again----that actually has very little to do with it IMO. I just think Spencer is building a much better story and----so far----he has struck a really nice balance in tone between the action, humor and mounting drama. Let's see where he goes from here but these first 7 issues have been pretty great IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I have to say----and I know this is still a very small sample size-----I think Spencer's run is off to a much better start than Slott's was. And I think Slott had a very good start to his run and, no, I am not basing that on the fact that Peter and MJ are a couple again----that actually has very little to do with it IMO. I just think Spencer is building a much better story and----so far----he has struck a really nice balance in tone between the action, humor and mounting drama. Let's see where he goes from here but these first 7 issues have been pretty great IMO.
    Agreed 100 %

I really like Spencer run so far! I especially love his voice for Peter.

spencer's great. he has good taste in spidey villains, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I just hope they keep the new villain around for good... love that design, and want to see him/her bedevil Peter down the road at points. Just need a villain name for them
    it's too bad that 'Menace' is taken. they kind of wasted it on Lily. she probably won't appear again.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it's too bad that 'Menace' is taken. they kind of wasted it on Lily. she probably won't appear again.
    She should. Last we left off with her, she was amnesiac and trying to be a hero as "Queen Cat," wearing a classic Black Cat costume with the colors inverted. Seems like she'd be right up Nick Spencer's alley, especially if she developed a rivalry with Felicia or Janice . . . or better yet, an odd and maybe twisted friendship somewhat paralleling Peter and Fred.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    She should. Last we left off with her, she was amnesiac and trying to be a hero as "Queen Cat," wearing a classic Black Cat costume with the colors inverted. Seems like she'd be right up Nick Spencer's alley, especially if she developed a rivalry with Felicia or Janice . . . or better yet, an odd and maybe twisted friendship somewhat paralleling Peter and Fred.
    That could be interesting. I wonder what her politician father is up to.