Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Spidergeddon #1 Spoilers Thread

For all those who want to discuss every death and other delights

I didn't realize how badly I wanted a Jessica Drew vs. SpOck battle until it popped up in the Spider-Woman thread.

I feel so cheated you guys. They totally should have called Jess.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I'm wondering now if the reason Peter is going to be out of focus for this event is because he's going to wind up being incapacitated? Morlun seems intent on making him the main course so I could imagine a scenario where Peter gets captured to assure that he also can't interfere with the Inheritor's plans as well.

Also interesting takeaway I got from this is Otto seems to legitimately want to be (and be seen) as a hero and much of the other Spiders don't look like they're buying into it. Does add an extra layer to Otto bonding with Spider-PS4 in issue #0. With Gage mentioning that Otto and Miles are the two main focuses of the event, I guess the running theme will be Otto's ability to be a hero without resorting to his "true nature" and Miles' ability to step up without Peter's guidance.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 10-10-2018 at 07:52 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

I like that this is a Miles centric event. I love the character but he has got to stop being "Spider-Man Lite" or "Kid Spider-Man". I'd be okay with Peter being taken off the table until issue 5. Plus I'm not sure he and Otto (in his Superior Spidey) form have had that much interaction but I'm looking forward to seeing them play off each other.

Anyone know where Miguel (Spidey 2099) is? I feel like I haven't heard anything from him in FOREVER, or if he's a part of this event.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

Fantastic Member

I'm super salty they killed Noir I get why they did it - he's a popular alternate Spidey who also has no current ongoing - but it's still damn annoying. Making this even worse is that he's appearing in the upcoming Spiderverse movie, so really it's just really bad timing to kill him off now.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Noir actually died?

And UK too? Wasn't he the leader of the Web Warriors?

That leaves Anya to lead but she's so young still. I don't see her accepting those deaths lightly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    That leaves Anya to lead but she's so young still. I don't see her accepting those deaths lightly.
    Perhaps that's why "Mayday" is seeking her out in Spider-Girls? We've suspected Anya left the web warriors some time ago and she's probably being persuaded to get back in the saddle.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Noir actually died?

And UK too? Wasn't he the leader of the Web Warriors?

I guess they wanted to take UK out as their mega power hitter which means Miles/Gwen has to step up to fill that role. While Noir being the more violent spider of the group will now be replaced with Otto who will be the lost violent on the team

They really need to toughen up and just kill Morlun and his OP family already.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Astonishing Member

Solid start. Didn't like Noir and UK Spidey getting killed off.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    They really need to toughen up and just kill Morlun and his OP family already.
    Inevitably, one of the many Peter Parker Alternate Spider Men (probably PS4 Spidey for this story) would do the whole "We never, ever kill. Ever." argument again.

What I don't get is why did the Web Warriors feel the need to check up on the Inheritors in the first place? I get it's Otto's fault partly for having a stash of clone bodies but it's the Web Warriors who kept sending robots in to check on them. I'm with Hobie on this one.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

I Have a feeling Spider-UK might come back, they mention he's stronger than other spiders and I don't think Verna even drained him, just snapped his neck.
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

BANNED

No way is Noir staying dead when he's got a movie out just as Spidergeddon ends.

Favorite scene was how Ock took care of Count Nefaria.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    We've suspected Anya left the web warriors some time ago and she's probably being persuaded to get back in the saddle.
    They better come with a good reason why she left. She was the co-founder and she had the closest relationship with Billy. If they wanted Billy's dead to have impact, having Anya present would give a bigger emotional punch. Instead his (and Noir's) death comes like "Oh no, they`re dead!" "Yep, pretty dead".

(Also, I'm salty that this is the biggest promotion the WW have had, and Anya is nowhere to be seen, except a tie-in that is not the main focus)

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    Inevitably, one of the many Peter Parker Alternate Spider Men (probably PS4 Spidey for this story) would do the whole "We never, ever kill. Ever." argument again.

What I don't get is why did the Web Warriors feel the need to check up on the Inheritors in the first place? I get it's Otto's fault partly for having a stash of clone bodies but it's the Web Warriors who kept sending robots in to check on them. I'm with Hobie on this one.
    It would have been interesting to see the moral implication of the Ineritors status'. Should we kill them right away and prevent another Spider-Verse to happen, or we stand up to our no killing rule and find another solution? It really seems something that something like WW would have explored, but eh, that series was more busy on shilling Gwen.

They had all that time to see what to do with the Inheritors, but instead they just... let them to die of hunger? Again, it would have been more interesting seeing the exploration of such beings, but is brushed off. And now that they've come back, Billy's first instinct was "LET'S KILL THIS MOFOS!" with no thinking whatsoever.