Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Solid start. Didn't like Noir and UK Spidey getting killed off.
    I could be wrong but I didn't get the impression that UK Spidey was definitely dead. He's down but I don't think he's out.

This was a really good kick off to the series. Fast-paced and establishes big stakes right off the bat.

And Gage writing SpOck is always a good time and he gave him some choice moments here, further whetting my appetite for the Superior Spidey solo.

I really loved seeing SpOck interact with everyone! Although I was kinda confused why Miles didn't really comment on him still using his Hydra costume... Nobody really seemed to care and that's something that also confused me in Superior Octopus #1, but maybe I missed something idk... Always awesome seeing Gwen. Glad she got to be the one to tell Miles about what was going on. Really sad to see Noir go... All Spider-Men and Women are unique in their own ways, but there really isn't another one quite like him. I agree with everyone who thinks Spider-UK isn't dead, I think he'll come back stronger than he was before.

Been there, done that. Nothing new, nothing exciting. As I feared it would, it's just an event where they take off alternate spider unceremoniously. Noir didn't deservse to go that way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I could be wrong but I didn't get the impression that UK Spidey was definitely dead. He's down but I don't think he's out.

This was a really good kick off to the series. Fast-paced and establishes big stakes right off the bat.

And Gage writing SpOck is always a good time and he gave him some choice moments here, further whetting my appetite for the Superior Spidey solo.
    Hope so. Gage does a good job with SpOck. I cracked up at what he said to Miles re that venom touch of his.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Been there, done that. Nothing new, nothing exciting. As I feared it would, it's just an event where they take off alternate spider unceremoniously. Noir didn't deservse to go that way.
    I wasn't much of a fan of the original either particularly Silk getting a big spotlight, encore, spotlight.

The amount of spiders out there need trimming. Who would you all cull?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    The amount of spiders out there need trimming
    Why do they? I think it's wonderful we have such a unique range of Spiders. Peter says it best in the Spider-Verse movie trailer, his story is pretty much told at this point and it's not all about him anymore. The mainstream version is likely never going to be depicted as a mature adult again, these characters are much more compelling than him. Do something with them, don't kill them off.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-11-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Why do they? I think it's wonderful we have such a unique range of Spiders. Peter says it best in the Spider-Verse movie trailer, his story is pretty much told at this point and it's not all about him anymore. The mainstream version is likely never going to be depicted as a mature adult again, these characters are much more compelling than him. Do something with them, don't kill them off.
    In your opinion they're more compelling, but I agree it's better to have more variety and options to choose from than none at all.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    In your opinion they're more compelling, but I agree it's better to have more variety and options to choose from than none at all.
    Don't get me wrong, I'll still read about Peter, I'll always be interested in him, but I prefer other versions of him (usually the ones that are married or have a family). 616 is too much a victim of editorial constraints and so many of the Web Warriors have been allowed to go in different directions that suit their characteristics, they're never quite so static.

It's a shame so many are constantly taken off the table in violent and meaningless ways that make them look like they were wimps the whole time and not worthy of your investment...and what's worse, they're picked off by a bunch of characters we don't particularly care for, not an age-old enemy like an Osborn or a Fisk or a Lizard or a Gargan or a Brock or an Electro...just these generic vampires.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    They had a chance with Web Warriors but they shelved the entire cast to promote Spider-Gwen who already had her own book. Hence why it failed. Main plot was an oddity too.

Marvel seems disinterested in capitalizing on the Spiders outside Peter, Miles, Spock, Spider-Gwen and sometimes Silk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    They had a chance with Web Warriors but they shelved the entire cast to promote Spider-Gwen who already had her own book. Hence why it failed. Main plot was an oddity too.

Marvel seems disinterested in capitalizing on the Spiders outside Peter, Miles, Spock, Spider-Gwen and sometimes Silk.
    I re-read Web-Warriors not too long ago, I don't think focusing on Gwen was the problem, it never felt to me like she was given more attention or more to do. I do think making all 11 issues into one big "Fighting interdimensional Electros" arc was one thing that messed with the pacing. I feel a bunch of minis and one-offs exploring all the various dimensions and how the characters reacted to the worlds would've been enough for a whole series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I re-read Web-Warriors not too long ago, I don't think focusing on Gwen was the problem, it never felt to me like she was given more attention or more to do. I do think making all 11 issues into one big "Fighting interdimensional Electros" arc was one thing that messed with the pacing. I feel a bunch of minis and one-offs exploring all the various dimensions and how the characters reacted to the worlds would've been enough for a whole series.
    Exactly. Sliders meets Spider-Man

Spiders.

...I'll see myself out.

Did I miss something between #0 and #1? This is the first Spidey book I've read in singles for a while but where did 616 Superior Spider-Man and Insomniac Spider-Man go? Was it covered in Superior Octopus?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Did I miss something between #0 and #1? This is the first Spidey book I've read in singles for a while but where did 616 Superior Spider-Man and Insomniac Spider-Man go? Was it covered in Superior Octopus?
    No, it's assumed that Spider-Geddon #0 takes place later in the story, since Otto's back to his Superior costume and they haven't started looking for more Spiders to help yet. So you didn't miss anything.

Honestly Superior Octopus #1 works better as an Issue 0 than the one with Insomniac Spidey, since its a more direct prelude. So if you want to collect the full story I'd say go for it, but if not you don't have to worry.

So is PS4 spider-man basically a stand-in for 616 Peter?
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

For being such a intelligent person Doc Ock sure has a very limited vocabulary. How many times per issue does he need to say "dolt" and "the die is cast"?