Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I've wanted a follow up to Christian ever since I was a little gay kid desperately looking online through wikipedia, databases and lists for gay characters I could relate to, reading what happened to Christian and thinking it was terrible that it was seemingly dropped forever. And it would be tragic if that was the end of his story, being institutionalized against his will for the rest of his life for the crime of being gay while his sister just forgets he ever existed. And I imagine it's similar for Sina Grace.

Maybe this should have happened in Emma's X-Men Black issue, but there's no guarantee that the writer for that oneshot would have even wanted to tell this story. We'll see if they even acknowledge Christian when that issue comes out. The X-Books have been a mess when it comes to Emma's continuity and characterization for a while now.

From my perspective this mini has been pretty good so far. Like that Morlocks vs new Marauders story in issue 1, that was a metaphor for respectability politics and assimilation. It was about infighting within a minority group, how some people believe that you need to present yourself (your appearance and behavior) a certain way in order to receive acceptance and basic human rights from the majority. And if you don't then you're being a stereotype and you're hurting the cause for everyone else. It's that toxic grindr masc4masc mentality.

That's why I'm grateful that Sina Grace is the writer for this mini, because as an out gay man he has a different perspective, and he's using the mutant minority metaphor to point out a society issue and he's also addressing a long dropped plot point like Christian.
    These are exactly the kind of plots I want from a book starring a gay mutant.

Ive always loved the dynamic between Emma Frost and Iceman. I hope to see more of Christian Frost and possible romantic encounter between the 2.

Given the clues, anyone have bets on who Bobby's blind date is?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Northstar.

BANNED

Hard to say, with so l'il to go on. Cute, works in property development, & lives in Manhattan. The only other thing, could be the word "match," being repeated 3x. Oh, and "smoke" was used once. So maybe in this case, where it is, there IS indeed... fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Hard to say, with so l'il to go on. Cute, works in property development, & lives in Manhattan. The only other thing, could be the word "match," being repeated 3x. Oh, and "smoke" was used once. So maybe in this case, where it is, there IS indeed... fire!
    LOL! Hey, living in hope is what comic fans do. I am hoping it'll be someone in the superhero community, but... well, if "property development" is a reference to Shatterstar being a landlord, some folks are gonna riot. XD

LOL! Hey, living in hope is what comic fans do. I am hoping it'll be someone in the superhero community, but... well, if "property development" is a reference to Shatterstar being a landlord, some folks are gonna riot. XD
    Good catch. Though if it is Gaveedra 7, it will probably be a one shot fizzle out like with Rictor.

Btw, Issue #3 synopsis says all 3 Amazing Friends are on dates? Hopefully that means Mary Jane appears. Would love to see Sina's take on MJ! And I wonder who Angelica is dating? Kind of liked the matchup with Sunfire on the show lol

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Good catch. Though if it is Gaveedra 7, it will probably be a one shot fizzle out like with Rictor.
    Oh, agreed. Grace did say he was keeping Bobby single for a bit. But there are still people grumping about the business with Rictor.

Btw, Issue #3 synopsis says all 3 Amazing Friends are on dates? Hopefully that means Mary Jane appears. Would love to see Sina's take on MJ! And I wonder who Angelica is dating? Kind of liked the matchup with Sunfire on the show lol
    Weren't she and Justice a thing? Or is he married now?

Oh, agreed. Grace did say he was keeping Bobby single for a bit. But there are still people grumping about the business with Rictor.
    Lol even when SG said Shatterstar/Rictor were like "Ross/Rachel".

Weren't she and Justice a thing? Or is he married now?
    I don't think they've been together since more than a decade (in real time). Could be wrong though.

Incredible Member

So, we're just pretending House of M characters that retained the X-Gene weren't all documented and mostly sequestered to an island for several years. My memory may be hazy, I thought Christian successfully committed suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by Conch22 View Post
    So, we're just pretending House of M characters that retained the X-Gene weren't all documented and mostly sequestered to an island for several years. My memory may be hazy, I thought Christian successfully committed suicide?
    The 198 was never a solid figure, it was an estimate of how many Mutants were left. There were other Mutants who somehow missed the official lists.

Cipher, Graymalkin, Trinary and now Christian Frost

Are we sure Mr. Sinister isn't just catfishing Bobby?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Wouldn't Bobby have recognized him from his picture though? It didn't seem like it was someone he knew...

Quote Originally Posted by Conch22 View Post
    He may have only manifested his powers recently. That and his Dad was Winston Frost who had Xavier turn up on his doorstep a few times and has 3 psychic daughters. Probably had his house psychic proof. Also nope he didn't it was left open.

BANNED

My rich daddy was mean to me and forced my brother into conversion therapy while I was murdering Butterum and terrorizing children.

Imagine actually caring about Emma’s problems.