Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Another Tought Week, my honorable mentions go too WestPhillyPunisher, Shalla Bal, Ravin' Ray, Tami, icctrombone, Zetsubou and Blastaar!

My Vote Goes to the last min entry of Iron Maiden!!!

I Love that Cover of Leia!

It symbolizes for many reasons why Leia is Cool, Star Wars is Cool, Ladies with Guns are Cool and Why Female Protagonists are AWESOME!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Kai "the spy"

I vote MajorHoy!

After tallying the votes, I get…

1 vote: Iron Maiden, Kai "the spy", MRP, Scott Taylor, Shalla Bal, Speed Force League Unlimited, SquirrelMan, SuperCooper, and Worstblogever

2 votes: kjn, MajorHoy, nx01a, Paul Buillion, and The Darkknight Detective

And congratulations to the winner with 4 votes: ed2962!

I'm also a posting a cover from a French comic album that I found after I posted my own cover, for once showing realistic and safe gun use.

91fsHxwiefL.jpg

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Congrats to ed2962!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congrats to ed2962.

I'm a little surprised by the lack of love for Lara Croft, especially with art by Joe Jusko.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    She's not a girl who misses much. - the Beatles, "Happiness Is a Warm Gun"

I'm lazy, so I'm basically recycling a cover that I considered posting in last month's "spy"-themed contest. Post a cover that shows a female character brandishing, discharging, or at least armed with, a firearm of some sort. Pistols, shotguns, bazookas, Star Trek phasers, laser blasters, what have you. This narrows down the range of possible covers to maybe 10,000 or thereabouts, so everybody should be able to enter! ShowBox Mobdro TutuApp

The Rules
    1) Post One (& ONLY ONE) Cover that fits the theme of this Week's Contest!
    2) Cover must be from a Published Comic Book or Collected Volume!
    3) Covers must be Posted before Voting Begins!
    4) Voting Begins 12 AM Tuesday and Runs Until 12 AM Wednesday PST (3 AM EST)!
    5) Vote by Posting the name in BOLD of the Poster whose cover best fits the theme or that you simply like the most! A vote need not be in bold, but it does make it easier to Count-The-Votes!
    6) The Winner of the Contest is the Entry with the MOST Votes after the Voting-Period!
    7) It's Okay to Discuss the Covers but if you Think Someone's Entry Doesn't Fit the Theme or Violates the Rules, you Don't need to Argue it in the thread, Simply Don't Vote for It!
    8) Plus: Occasionally Voting will Result in a Tie! The Person Who Started the Thread will do the Counting that Week will Usually call for a TIE-Breaking --Vote from Someone who has Not Yet Voted!
    9) AFTER the Tie-Breaker Vote, Voting Ends and the Winner is Declared by The One Who Started the Thread (or assigned surrogate) and Thus will do the Counting.
    10) Have fun!
    in reality any "gathering" (dark individuals, Asians, overweight individuals, yadda - you get the photo) as it for the most part delivers such huge numbers of typified pictures. Not something I appreciate taking a gander at.
    Last edited by polyfarlino; 10-18-2018 at 10:25 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Nice job, ed2962! Thanks to seismic-2 and Kirby 101 for their nods to my cover, also!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

Thank you everyone!!

Ultimate Member

Default Cover Contest, Oct/17-Oct/24: Adam Hughes!

Oops! New contest is up in it's own thread now
    Last edited by ed2962; 10-17-2018 at 03:48 AM. Reason: I screwed up trying to multitask

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Major Congratzs for the Win ed2962!

Thanks for the Honorable Mention WestPhillyPunisher!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Well done ed2962

And thank you, Enigmatic Undead
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Yay, ed2962!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Congratulations to ed 2962 for a cover which is both Marvelous and Epic. Plus, it's always nice to see a cover I voted for win.

And what has the captain learned this week? He has picked up some information about the history of the professionals creating these items my Wednesday Warriorness craves. He has also realized that covers can reflect certain fetishes outside of the well-known WW bondage views.

Astonishing Member

Well done, ed2962! Special thanks, too, to kjn for tallying the votes while I slumbered soundly. Again, thanks to everyone for taking part in the contest and for coming up with such an amazing assortment of covers.