Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I seriously don't know how you pick a winner this week.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    That cover represented lots about what was wrong with Marvel books in the 90's during the "Extreme" era: ridiculously big ass guns (thanks for nothing, Rob Liefeld), Sue's stripper outfit, shoulder pads for days, pouches galore, not to mention just about everyone wearing vests or jackets (and didn't Johnny look particularly stupid on that cover?). Needless to say, I don't miss that decade.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-11-2018 at 03:56 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

A Contest Like This was MADE for Domino!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That cover represented lots about what was wrong with Marvel books in the 90's during the "Extreme" era: ridiculously big ass guns (thanks for nothing, Rob Liefeld), Sue's stripper outfit, shoulder pads for days, pouches galore, not to mention just about everyone wearing vests or jackets (and didn't Johnny look particularly stupid on that cover?). Needless to say, I don't miss that decade.
    Vote for it anyway.

Vote for it anyway.
    I'm insulted! My vote is not for sale!

PM me and we'll discuss particulars

I or8iginally posted that FF cover, but replaces it with one that wasn't as ludicrous.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I or8iginally posted that FF cover, but replaces it with one that wasn't as ludicrous.
    That explains why I thought we already had that one nominated back on the first page!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Is that you ‎on the cover Amanda Conner?
    Not getting this. I've seen her at C2E2 and she doesn't ressemble Electra

You forgot to mention that it is a holographic cover! ( I have this issue)

And also that fully-covering helmet on the member who needs it the least, totally obstructing his voice, hearing, and field of vision. And that's the only piece of armour any of them wears…

Gotta love also the "this is not your parents comic magazine!" slogan on top of the page.

So cute how hard they were trying.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    And also that fully-covering helmet on the member who needs it the least, totally obstructing his voice, hearing, and field of vision. And that's the only piece of armour any of them wears…
    If memory serves (a dicey proposition at my advanced age), Ben donned the helmet after Wolverine accidently slashed his face during a skirmish. But yeah, not even Doom covered his entire head like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    That's because Ben's face became scarred from an attack by Wolverine. Like Doom, he didn't want to show his scarred face.