Extraordinary Member

Default Godzilla (Monsterverse) vs. Ryomen Sukuna

In the most recent chapter of Jujutsu Kaisen a character said that they'd rather fight a Godzilla-sized curse than take on Sukuna. Which gave birth to this odd little match-up.

Sukuna will be as he currently is, I.E. in his original body but without injuries and fully rested.

And Godzilla will be from Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire.

They fight in Tokyo.

The King of Monsters against The King of Curses. Who will rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    In the most recent chapter of Jujutsu Kaisen a character said that they'd rather fight a Godzilla-sized curse than take on Sukuna. Which gave birth to this odd little match-up.

Sukuna will be as he currently is, I.E. in his original body but without injuries and fully rested.

And Godzilla will be from Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire.

They fight in Tokyo.

The King of Monsters against The King of Curses. Who will rule?
    Sukuna: Ah, my Kaiju-slaying technique that I haven't used since the Heian Er--(gets vaporized by Atomic Breath)

But in all seriousness, Sukuna has the advantage in terms of maneuverability and that he does have enough force to wound Big G with Malevolent Shrine before using the Dimensional Dismantle.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 04-05-2024 at 03:32 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Sukuna: Ah, my Kaiju-slaying technique that I haven't used since the Heian Er--(gets vaporized by Atomic Breath)

But in all seriousness, Sukuna has the advantage in terms of maneuverability and that he does have enough force to wound Big G with Malevolent Shrine before using the Dimensional Dismantle.
    True. Though, IIRC we still don't know how mobile Sukuna can be while using the slice that can cut the world. Standing still might be bad against Godzilla large sweeping attacks.

As for Malevolent Shrine, Godzilla and the other kaiju cause the same amount of damage just by moving around. And they slam into each other pretty constantly, so I'm not sure how effective it would be against big G.

True. Though, IIRC we still don't know how mobile Sukuna can be while using the slice that can cut the world. Standing still might be bad against Godzilla large sweeping attacks.

As for Malevolent Shrine, Godzilla and the other kaiju cause the same amount of damage just by moving around. And they slam into each other pretty constantly, so I'm not sure how effective it would be against big G.
    For the Dimensional Dismantle, he (unless Gege reveals otherwise) needs to remain stationary while chanting, so he can't use it while moving around. With Malevolent Shrine, I was thinking more along the lines of a "Death by a thousand cuts" maneuver to slow down Big G with blood loss before using DD, but I was admittedly conflating the damage he could dish out in the anime (where the destruction was far more wide-scale) with the manga, so that's my b there.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    For the Dimensional Dismantle, he (unless Gege reveals otherwise) needs to remain stationary while chanting, so he can't use it while moving around. With Malevolent Shrine, I was thinking more along the lines of a "Death by a thousand cuts" maneuver to slow down Big G with blood loss before using DD, but I was admittedly conflating the damage he could dish out in the anime (where the destruction was far more wide-scale) with the manga, so that's my b there.
    I do think that MS could do some damage to Godzilla. Sukuna would just need to use a lot more than he's used to, while also avoiding the giant lizard stomping after him.

Extraordinary Member

What's Monster verse goji's speed like?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    What's Monster verse goji's speed like?
    He's a great swimmer at sea, not quite as agile as Kong and the best of his race on land. What he'd have more going for him currently would be that he supercharged himself with human-sourced radiation (by 20 times his current self IIRC) and then upgraded himself further by killing and absorbing Tiamat's power reservoir.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    He's a great swimmer at sea, not quite as agile as Kong and the best of his race on land. What he'd have more going for him currently would be that he supercharged himself with human-sourced radiation (by 20 times his current self IIRC) and then upgraded himself further by killing and absorbing Tiamat's power reservoir.
    I thought he used up that power-up when he dispersed Shimo's ice cloud, the pink energy disappeared after doing so.

Astonishing Member

I thought he used up that power-up when he dispersed Shimo's ice cloud, the pink energy disappeared after doing so.
    I might have missed that bit, was it when G blasted the sky? I like the detail if true, justifies him eating that much energy to keep his turf's status quo if Shimu was going to initiate another Ice Age.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I might have missed that bit, was it when G blasted the sky? I like the detail if true, justifies him eating that much energy to keep his turf's status quo if Shimu was going to initiate another Ice Age.
    Yeah. Godzilla fires a beam up in the sky at the ice cloud Shimo's created. The ice cloud is dispersed. Godzilla stops glowing pink, as far as I recall.

It's just the way I read the scene.