View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Beauty #24

1 5.88%
  • Birthright #32

0 0%
  • Bully Wars #2

0 0%
  • Farmhand #4

2 11.76%
  • Hey Kids! Comics! #3

2 11.76%
  • Infinite Dark #1 [series premiere]

2 11.76%
  • Kick-Ass (2018) #8

1 5.88%
  • Murder Falcon #1 [series premiere]

2 11.76%
  • My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies [graphic novel]

4 23.53%
  • Oblivion Song #8

0 0%
  • Outpost Zero #4

1 5.88%
  • Rose #13

0 0%
  • Sleepless #8

1 5.88%
  • The Weatherman #5

0 0%
  • Other - Crowded #3, Unnatural #4 (of 12)

1 5.88%

Default Weekly Image poll #41 - Junkie Heroes/Infinite Dark/Murder Falcon

Whew, that title sounds like the triple bill at your local screamo try-out night doesn't it? Vote for your fave comics (or screamo bands I guess).

Last week's poll was won by The Magic Order, despite seemingly more groundswell for newcomer Dead Rabbit. Remember to vote y'all, can't just say what you like without committing!

Let's check this week out: Outpost Zero wraps up storyline number one, Unnatural also ends one, while Rose begins a new storyline. Lastly, to celebrate 15 years of The Walking Dead, Image is re-releasing a bunch of seminal Walking Dead issues in 'blind bags'. Grab one, and see whether you get issue 1, 2, 7, 19, 100 or another one! Kind of a fun gimmick I guess.

New this week:
    1. Infinite Dark is a sci-fi/crime story set after the end of the Universe. A single void station with 2,000 humans drifts in the eternal darkness, with fingers crossed for the coming of a second Big Bang. 2 Years have passed since the Universe ended, and now the station is facing its first murder...

2. Murder Falcon is about a guy called Jake who can't do anything right, besides shred on the electric guitar. When meeting the titular Murder Falcon, who descended to Earth in order to demonstrate kung-fu on some unsuspecting bad guys, Jake gets recruited as the personal boombox of Murder Falcon. Shred to keep the kung fu alive!

3. My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies is the newest Brubaker/Phillips collaboration. With veeeery loose ties to some of the earlier work on Criminal, this stand-alone graphic novel is about a girl who used to idolise drugged up rockstars. Now residing in a high society drug rehab programme she falls in love... Only to learn that drugs and murder sometimes go hand in hand...

320199.jpg 320202.jpg 317781.jpg

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

AStonishingly, because My Heroes didn't make it to my comic shop, I got no Image titles this week *gasp*. But on the strength of the creative team's previous work, I voted My Heroes.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I just finished reading My Heroes- already voted for it when I bought it and simply had a blood to the cover and the colours inside the book. I loved it!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Murder Falcon for me...such a fun book.

I read Infinite Dark #1 and Farmhand #4 this week. I will be getting My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies eventually, but not yet. I wasn't sure what to make of Infinite Dark to begin with. I really liked Kyle Higgins' Hadrian's Wall from Image and I felt like it was heading in a similar direction, but the ending makes me think it's going somewhere else. I'll stick with it to see where it goes, but my vote is going to Farmhand #4. This book seems to have quite a few threads going on, and the art combined with the humour pips it for me this week.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Voted for Sleepless, this week's issue was more about Cyrenic than previous ones, and they're adding some personality to him. There's some good attempts at humour here too, but some jokes feel a bit easy maybe. Typical 'crowd is surprised by unusually large appetite of character' jokes feel kinda stale to me. Overall though, this is a good series, and the romance-at-castle angle helps it stand out amongst the sci-fi heavy offerings of Image lately.

Solid week. Voted for Farmhand which started deeping the mystery around the town.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki