Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Default Was it ever explained why Venom eats people?

The thought just crossed my mind today. I mean, Peter never developed a taste for flesh when he had the black suit on and as far as I know, Kletus just flat out murdered people. What hidden cannibalistic desires did Eddie Brock have to make Venom desire to eat some brains?
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Lightbulb

It is explained in Venom The Hunger the Symbiote requires some sort of biochemical (I forget which one) a person produces when they are "in love" another explanation is that the Symbiote requires massive amounts of adrenaline. In either case, when the host can't produce enough of the chemicals the Symbiote needs it can make up the difference by eating brains, or oddly enough chocolate lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It is explained in Venom The Hunger the Symbiote requires some sort of biochemical (I forget which one) a person produces when they are "in love" another explanation is that the Symbiote requires massive amounts of adrenaline. In either case, when the host can't produce enough of the chemicals the Symbiote needs it can make up the difference by eating brains, or oddly enough chocolate lol.
    WTF, lol. If I was a symbiote person, I'd be sure to stock up on chocolates. And how can they not get enough adrenaline when they're living in the Marvel Universe?
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    WTF, lol. If I was a symbiote person, I'd be sure to stock up on chocolates. And how can they not get enough adrenaline when they're living in the Marvel Universe?
    Don't ask me those aren't my ideas lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Just their brains. So there are some people out there who would be fairly safe.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Because he ate all the cars (Cadillacs, Lincolns, Mercury's, Subaru's) and all the bars (wall to wall, door to door, wall to wall).

Extraordinary Member

Venom also eats other body parts, especially when bonded to hosts like Scorpion. I'm pretty sure Venom just likes freaking people out...and eating people. It definitely likes eating people.

another reason I hate Venom. Geez..

Because it's ****in' edgy, brah.

For the record, Eddie Brock/Venom never ate someone's brains, well he did it once in "Venom: The Hunger" but Eddie throwed it up when he realized so it doesn't count . He does like to threaten about eating brains a lot though, but he never does.

I believe the only cannibalistic Venom was Gargan's.

In the Ultimate comics, Venom needed to eat people so the symbote wouldn't eat the host from the inside out (like in the Venom movie). Ultimate Spidey dodged that since he only had the black suit for a few hours.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In the Ultimate comics, Venom needed to eat people so the symbote wouldn't eat the host from the inside out (like in the Venom movie). Ultimate Spidey dodged that since he only had the black suit for a few hours.
    Ultimate Comics had a cannibalism epidemic. Hulk and the Blob were eating people too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Ultimate Comics had a cannibalism epidemic. Hulk and the Blob were eating people too.
    This will always haunt me..

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    This will always haunt me.. ]
    I've never seen this before and now I will never forget it

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Because it's ****in' edgy, brah.
    This is the real reason.