Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    We all have our preferences. I'm just not a fan of those three, however I love Mantis & Agent Venom. Ah well, you've won anyway because most of my picks aren't on the team.

Really glad to see Nova & Darkhawk. Phyla's new look is cool, I wonder if she'll be dubbed Martyr or something different.
    The remaining figures (left to right, back to front) look like Silver Surfer, Groot, Adam Warlock & Star-Lord.

Only 2 female members out of 11? Oof.
    I agree the top row is Silver Surfer, Groot and Star-Lord while the bottom character looks like they could be holding a pair of guns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I hope its not Quill.... Because that means Drax is dead
    It's not that big of a loss in my opinion. I'm also kinda put off Drax b/c of what's going on with the MCU GotG and my inability to separate the character from Dave Bautista who, in my opinion, is an idiot.

Besides, Gamora could also be the Fallen Guardian

on second thought the bottom is Quill has his guns. Making the top be Warlock, Starfox are Wraith. Everyone was taking from promo pic.

Last edited by Lonewolf36; 10-11-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Isn't that an old costume that darkhawk is wearing?

I know it was left-field but I really wanted a young Vance Astrovik (justice) to join the team.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Both Darkhawk and Nova, that's awesome.

But I'm not happy about Phyla and Moondragon. (spoilers Infinity War) spoilers:
    WHat's the point of replacing them with alternate versions? Why not resurrect 616 Phyla and why killing 616 Heather off-panel?
    end of spoilers
    I wonder if it might be only one replacement, with both having lost their version of the other?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Ok today's reveals have cemented this as a absolute must buy. Nova and Darkhawk? Hell yeah!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Ok today's reveals have cemented this as a absolute must buy. Nova and Darkhawk? Hell yeah!!!!
    With you on this all the way. For the first time since the DnA run, I'm excited about GOTG.

I was Hoping we would see Moondragon! Early on after #1, it was rumored Heather would be in #2, but that was a rouse to cover Mantis who appeared. I was thrilled to see Mantis on screen, but I also want to see Heather. The 2 of them have a similar yet contrasting history and powers. It would be interesting to see what they think of each other when they first meet!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Really glad to see Nova & Darkhawk. Phyla's new look is cool, I wonder if she'll be dubbed Martyr or something different.
    Captain Marvel, I think. Remember, this Phyla is AU - and she's wearing the Hala star.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wow...

I really wish this was split up into two books. I absolutely LOVE Darkhawk and Beta Ray Bill... and even a big fan of Nova (New Warriros forever!!!) However I have always HATED Gladiator and Moondragon and have no feelings at all about pyhla or Cosmic Ghost Rider (how is that even a thing... mind boggles). And at 11 or so characters... how is this going to be a manageable team?? I have a feeling that my favorites will end up being background for one or two other big characters get all the spotlight.

No way to balance something like this...

Besides.. If we're right about Silver Surfer... Why in the world would you ever need Gladiator, Silver Surfer AND Beta Ray Bill on the same team??? What the heck are going to challenge them?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I know it was left-field but I really wanted a young Vance Astrovik (justice) to join the team.
    That would be amazing!!! and a great full-circle for the original Vance Astro concept

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Wow...

I really wish this was split up into two books. I absolutely LOVE Darkhawk and Beta Ray Bill... and even a big fan of Nova (New Warriros forever!!!) However I have always HATED Gladiator and Moondragon and have no feelings at all about pyhla or Cosmic Ghost Rider (how is that even a thing... mind boggles). And at 11 or so characters... how is this going to be a manageable team?? I have a feeling that my favorites will end up being background for one or two other big characters get all the spotlight.

Besides.. If we're right about Silver Surfer... Why in the world would you ever need Gladiator, Silver Surfer AND Beta Ray Bill on the same team??? What the heck are going to challenge them?!?!
    There have been plenty of books with roster sizes comparable to this (even DnA's own Guardians had more members) where things were balanced and everyone got their time to shine. Cates might be able to pull it off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Captain Marvel, I think. Remember, this Phyla is AU - and she's wearing the Hala star.
    Eh I'd rather we didn't get another case of a shared mantle. I think Captain Marvel as a title rightfully belongs to Carol Danvers, so I'd rather Phyla-Vell went by Martyr OR Quasar, since neither Wendell or Avril in action.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Wow...

I really wish this was split up into two books. I absolutely LOVE Darkhawk and Beta Ray Bill... and even a big fan of Nova (New Warriors forever!!!) However I have always HATED Gladiator and Moondragon and have no feelings at all about Phyla or Cosmic Ghost Rider (how is that even a thing... mind boggles). And at 11 or so characters... how is this going to be a manageable team?? I have a feeling that my favorites will end up being background for one or two other big characters get all the spotlight.

Besides. If we're right about Silver Surfer... Why in the world would you ever need Gladiator, Silver Surfer AND Beta Ray Bill on the same team??? What the heck is going to challenge them?!?!
    I think larger teams like this can work if they divvy up to tackle different threats, or use only a handful of characters at any given time. I mean, Gladiator assumably has commitments to the Shi'ar, Beta Ray Bill may be called upon during the War of the Realms, Nova and Darkhawk are apart of larger groupings, and Silver Surfer is still a Herald of Galactus AFAIK. So we might not see all 11 characters at the same time combatting the same antagonist/s.

As for Adam Warlock, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill & Silver Surfer being on the same team, as I've said they might not be active at the same time, but also there remain huge threats like Annihilus, Magus, Korvac or any of the Heralds of Galactus.

Amazing Member

If it’s anybring like DnA, the team will probably spilt up a lot, which I’m fine with if Cates can handle it. Really looking forward to seeing them fight some heavy hitters like they did in the Annihilation era. The Guardians have lacked compelling villains for a while.