Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I hate Deadpool and the Punisher, so right off the bat CGR rubs me the wrong way. Also not a huge Ghost Rider fan, so the character really has no appeal for me.

since Cosmic GR is the spirit of Frank Castle, is there some type of time warp responsible for bringing him to the current 616 universe?

His personality is nothing like Frank Castle. He talks like Deadpool so to me hes just a joke character.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    His personality is nothing like Frank Castle. He talks like Deadpool so to me hes just a joke character.
    I don't know, I think Frank has always had more "love" for the people around him-like Deadpool and Spiderman and Daredevil and probably others- than he would like to sdmit, so losing them all and everything else just sort of broke him. The guy is just trying to cope with the utter horror that Frank was never really supposed to be able to cope with in the first place.

And I bet Frank will be coming in near the end of Infinity War.

I guess i hate him then. Who thought THAT was a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because she's an AU Phyla who is still Captain Marvel.
    But her parents were pink. How was the blue added? Not that I care either way, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I want every Kree to be blue Kree. It's always bugged me that the ones who spend any time on Earth just *happen* to be pink. (Ditto the only Atlanteans who spend that much time on the surface, Namor and Namorita, happening to be pink.) There's like fifty thousand green-skinned people, let's have some more blue folk!
    I kinda liked that there were other races on the same planet, like earth. And there were plenty of blue Krees who operated on earth, Ronan, Minerva, Atlas...Weren’t the blue Krees and pinks of different classes? I liked the sociology aspects of the Kree and how it reflected (but reversed) much of our own society‘s history.

My understanding is the Kree are supposed to be blue but they reached an evolutionary dead end. The pinks were supposed to kick start their evolution. It worked so after that happened there were no need for more engineered pinks so the pinks became less and less common. Or something like that!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is Thanos Imperative where Moondragon last appeared?
    Nope. This is where she last appeared:

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Last time I checked Moondragon was still alive considering the last time we saw her she was a part of the Knowhere Corps alongside Bug, Mantis, and Cosmo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Not much love for CGR in this thread. Do people genuinely dislike him or just disappointed a new character will be taking a much coveted spot from their favourites?
    I like the character and I don't mind him being a Guardian, but I also think there are other characters who are a bigger priority than him when it comes to cosmic stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    But her parents were pink. How was the blue added? Not that I care either way, just curious.
    I don't think this Phyla's skin is supposed to be Kree-blue. I think the intention was for her to look cosmically enhanced, so her skin would look like a sky full of stars. Kind of like her brother Genis when he was cosmically enhanced.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I hate Deadpool and never cared too much for the Punisher, but CGR is my favorite character right now with Ant Man not being in any comics.

He is just a guy trying to do the right thing, but possibly making things worse unintentionally.
    Baby Thanos

I’ve never read or cared much for the Guardians of The Galaxy, but it’s Donny Cates who is probably my favorite writer right now. So I will definitely be giving this a chance.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramorph View Post
    I hate Deadpool and the Punisher, so right off the bat CGR rubs me the wrong way. Also not a huge Ghost Rider fan, so the character really has no appeal for me.
    I can certainly see why you’d have a problem with him with those preferences, haha. I love Deadpool and Frank Castle so I’m at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I found him fairly interesting when he was Deadpool levels insane, but they randomly made him more normal for his current solo book and I just find him far less compelling now.
    Wow, I hadn’t really noticed that but you’re right. Maybe they thought he’d need to be a little more relatable to carry his own book?

But that would suggest that Deadpool is just a joke character? But I guess that is an argument for a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I guess i hate him then. Who thought THAT was a good idea?
    Marketing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I’ve never read or cared much for the Guardians of The Galaxy, but it’s Donny Cates who is probably my favorite writer right now. So I will definitely be giving this a chance.
    Yes! The man is on fire, between Thanos, CGR and Venom, I’m certain he’ll do a great job.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Whilst I’d love to see a large (Hickman Avengers style) roster, I’m coming round to the idea that it won’t happen. I hope we see the following, Ghost Rider, Phyla, Moondragon, Nova, BRB and Groot.

Still hope we see a lot of the others appear throughout the book though.

If they include Groot, they better keep him how he was right before Infinity Warps. With the sort of bombastic, semi-villainous way of speaking.
    The whole "I am Groot" thing got annoying fast.
    #EmmaWasRight

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Not much love for CGR in this thread. Do people genuinely dislike him or just disappointed a new character will be taking a much coveted spot from their favourites?
    I dislike the zanny nature of it, as well as who the character is.

On top of that, it came from a run Cates wrote that I also really disliked for how he took all the usual Mary Sue rubbish Starlin brings to Thanos, but then cut any real explanation or charm that Starlin still manages, and just wrote 'old mary sue Thanos.'

It's not a character or writer I feel has shown me a real grasp of the characters, or what makes cosmic good. To me.

Still, given that the cosmic stuff is my favourite stuff, I'll give this a go.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member

Personally it's less a matter of disliking him and more feeling that he's wasted potential in the sense that he's a prime example of a good idea handled poorly imo. I've been pitching Frank Castle being a logical legacy successor for both War Machine and Ghost Rider for years and in both instances were Marvel actually got around to giving him either mantle it's been lacking for lack of a better term. As a more conventional (albeit violent) Ghost Rider the Punisher would probably work, but currently he's the latest in a long line of characters that really has no business being on the cosmic scene for any reason. Add to the fact that he's basically just Deadpool while he's the Rider and it's not only disappointing but kinda undermines everything that the Punisher is/was. If Marvel really wanted to have a cosmic Ghost Rider running around I don't see why they couldn't have just taken Autocyclus from the original iteration of the Guardians (3000) and retooled him to function in the present day like they did with Yondu.