Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Have to admit I am a bit disappointed that it is only 6 slots especially with CGR stealing one but as long as Nova makes it I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nova and Darkhawk together would've been a problem anyway. Last we saw, they had a major bust up!
    That could be fun to work out though... they used to be pretty good buddies.

Unlike having Gladiator and Darkhawk on the same team... Did they ever resolve the whole 'possessed Darkhawk murdering his beloved empress' bit? Gladiator is just... WAY too powerful to make an enemy like that... and then hang out on a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Such an OP team. I just hope the tjreat they face will match. Very similar to the Annihilators team. Some of my fave characters all assembled.

Interesting we have Phylla and Moondragon from an alt universe while 616 Moonie is still alive
    616 Moondragon is dead. Gamora said so in infinity war 2 or 3

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I'm one that believes no body, no death.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I'm one that believes no body, no death.
    I suspect the new Moondragon will be treated exactly the same as the old one, they just wanted a Phylla/Moondragon pair who were already together and in love and couldn't have that with an AU Phylla and main verse Moonie.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

So six core members only, I doubt that the Silver Surfer will make it being Galactus' herald and part of the Defenders, same goes with Gladiator as majestix of the Sh'iar.
    I'm guessing that most of these characters will appear anyway at various stages of the title.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, technically the promos say that six of these characters will be the new Guardians. So, even though news outlets are reporting this as the new roster, we still don't know exactly who makes the cut yet - just that six of the eleven pictured characters will be on the team.
    Ugh. In my distaste for Cosmic Ghost Rider I'd not noticed that. Oh well, back out I go. One less Marvel book for me. But just in time for the relaunch of Young Justice over at DC. Works out ok.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

No! No! We already had that poster with like every cosmic hero ever asking #WhoAreTheGuardians? What’s the point in the slow reveal if half of them won’t make it? Bitterly disappointed, this was my most anticipated book since Marvel Now launched.

BANNED

Marvel already has an OP team with formidable defense therefore i don't think they should make another OP team with almost all the best cosmic heroes .

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Wait, how did Moondragon die? What did I miss?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I'm guessing:

Star-Lord (as the Guardians staple)
    Nova (the Cap to Quill's Stark)
    Phylla
    Moondragon (I'll be really disappointed if the only two women of the teaser don't make it, plus they need to be together)
    Beta Ray Bill (he isn't a member of Asgardians of the Galaxy because he's busy here)
    Cosmic Ghost Rider (confirmed)

Silver Surfer, Nighthawk and Gladiator seem like great guest stars, but maybe not full-time members.
    I admit Nova is the one I'm least sure about. I think Adam or Groot could take that slot even if I'd prefer Rich.
    Being honest, I think all 11 of them will have roles to play, but the core team will be only six.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Sleeping on Quill.
    On Nyquil maybe. I'm sure he'll be written with a favorable pen. But with that cast of stalwarts, brandishing the guns comes across more like compensating than swagger.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

My guess at the lineup would be
    CGR
    Star-Lord
    Phyla
    Moondragon
    Groot
    Warlock

My hope would be
    CGR(despise the character but he is confirmed)
    Nova
    Phyla
    Darkhawk
    BRB
    Gladiator
    Last edited by Steroid; 10-12-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Fantastic Member

I want Star Lord, Groot, Nova and Phylla on the team. If i get all 4 i'll buy it, if there is only 3 of them I'll trade wait, 2 or 1then i'm not bothering with the series.

dont really care about the other 7.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I suspect the new Moondragon will be treated exactly the same as the old one, they just wanted a Phylla/Moondragon pair who were already together and in love and couldn't have that with an AU Phylla and main verse Moonie.
    Which is just pointless. They could avoid all of the narrative gymnastics by just bringing 616 Phyla back instead of killing off Heather and then instantly replacing her with a character who's going to be portrayed in the exact same way. I'm still hoping those AUs are just red herrings for the return of the 616 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Wait, how did Moondragon die? What did I miss?
    We don't know. Infinity Wars just acted like she was dead even though that was never mentioned before. Really poor editorial job.