Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where is Spider-Woman / Arachne / Madame Web?

All I'm saying is that I'm piss of that Julia is keep away from all this spider-verse crossovers. She is the only one missing.

Last edited by Hephoenix; 10-11-2018 at 06:16 PM.

It's still really sucks that ever since waking up from her coma at the end of Spider-Versa, Julia has only made two appearances, once at the end of Mark Waid's Daredevil, and then in the Prowler Clone Conspiracy story. And both times they've been very vague about her situation. Does she still have her powers or not? Has she even attempted to talk with Peter after everything that went down? Who knows.

I hope one of the writers for one of the books will decide to bring her back in some way and do more with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It's still really sucks that ever since waking up from her coma at the end of Spider-Versa, Julia has only made two appearances, once at the end of Mark Waid's Daredevil, and then in the Prowler Clone Conspiracy story. And both times they've been very vague about her situation. Does she still have her powers or not? Has she even attempted to talk with Peter after everything that went down? Who knows.

I hope one of the writers for one of the books will decide to bring her back in some way and do more with her.
    Totally! In daredevil they treated her like she was blind, and week. In Prowler she was much cooler but is portrayed as if she was not blind anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    Totally! In daredevil they treated her like she was blind, and week. In Prowler she was much cooler but is portrayed as if she was not blind anymore.
    And I believe in Prowler it seemed like while she had combat training, she didn't appear to have any of her Spider powers, which wouldn't make sense as she should still have those, just the psychic "Web Of Life" connection she shouldn't have anymore.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    Funny thing is that when I read her appearance in the finale of Waid's Daredevil run, she was still blind, but she kicked the crap out of that female villain who was thinking she could use her as a hostage-slash-bargaining chip. That said, I do agree with Inversed that she should still have her original spider-powers, just not the Madame Web powers anymore, and she could become Arachne again if Jessica Drew is still going to be the main/only Spider-Woman of Earth-616.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

hopefully she'll show up.
    what exactly could she do with the madame web powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully she'll show up.
    what exactly could she do with the madame web powers?
    See the future and give unhelpfully cryptic warnings about it, which is probably why Cassandra Webb ended up dead and why Julia was taken out of the picture.

Cassandra was revived in Clone Conspiracy, and had her powers, which is probably why Julia could see again in Prowler. The clone didn't survive, but that probably destroyed the Madame Web powers, since she wouldn't have had time to transfer them again.

Julia would probably need a new look if she returned as Arachne though, since Anya Corazon has her old costume.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

she should try a mostly blue costume.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cassandra was revived in Clone Conspiracy, and had her powers, which is probably why Julia could see again in Prowler. The clone didn't survive, but that probably destroyed the Madame Web powers, since she wouldn't have had time to transfer them again.

Julia would probably need a new look if she returned as Arachne though, since Anya Corazon has her old costume.
    I see the Toxin Symbiote as a good fit for Julia. Could you envision the symbiote design a costume for her that's similar to Spider-Man's black costume...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    she should try a mostly blue costume.
    That would definitely make her stand out. Gwen, Silk and Anya all wear mostly black and white (Gwen has some pink and Cindy some red, but that's minor). Miles and Doc Ock are black and red, Peter and Mayday are blue and red, and 2099 and Spinneret are mostly white and red.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That would definitely make her stand out. Gwen, Silk and Anya all wear mostly black and white (Gwen has some pink and Cindy some red, but that's minor). Miles and Doc Ock are black and red, Peter and Mayday are blue and red, and 2099 and Spinneret are mostly white and red.
    Hmm, how about black and blue? Instead of black and red, or black and white, for Julia? Could even design it based on her original costume (that incidentally inspired Spider-Man's black costume that would go on to become Venom).

Gold and blue.

Astonishing Member

She was always my favorite Spider woman. I wish they'd just let her do that. Just give her back the old powers, maybe let her keep some of the telepathic abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    She was always my favorite Spider woman. I wish they'd just let her do that. Just give her back the old powers, maybe let her keep some of the telepathic abilities.
    Agree. I love Julia and is very underused and underappreciated.