Default Preview: Venom Annual #1

Preview: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...enom-annual-1/

The very first Venom Annual ever...I wonder why? Was the character never popular enough? The preview doesn't show pages of James Stokoe's work, but that's the most anticipated element of this annual, imo.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

From Lethal Protector forward, Venom had a long string of mini-series and one-shots. Whether any of the one-shots were promoted as "annuals", who knows. Something of a semantic difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    From Lethal Protector forward, Venom had a long string of mini-series and one-shots. Whether any of the one-shots were promoted as "annuals", who knows. Something of a semantic difference.
    That's true. One could argue he hasn't had super long runs so maybe Annuals didn't seem necessary? I honestly don't understand why an annual needs to exist at all tbh.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Extraordinary Member

I really like stories where villains tell stories about other villains, especially scary villains like Venom.

Especially since the last Venom issue where we learned just what that green spit is.

Eh ... that scene woyld probably be a tad more impressive if it came from someone other than Black Cat. Anyone in that room could probably over power her if they really tried. Vemon vs Black Cat should last about a minute if she's snart enough to start running right at the start of the fight.

It's kind of hilarious how many books still haven't figured out that Black Cat isn't the silly "Queenpin" anymore .
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh ... that scene woyld probably be a tad more impressive if it came from someone other than Black Cat. Anyone in that room could probably over power her if they really tried. Vemon vs Black Cat should last about a minute if she's snart enough to start running right at the start of the fight.
    I think the point is that she survived being thrashed by Venom personally and exploring how she dealt with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't know, I think that's why her experience would be more fitting here, especially for this newest Jack O'Lantern who is probably far less powered than even Black Cat. Plus, I think part of the point here is that for many years, Venom was on some level being controlled, either by the government or by Flash. Poor Jack clearly is new at the game and has never met a more violent Venom.
    Last edited by Rosebunse; 10-11-2018 at 06:25 PM.