Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    When was her last appearance?
    Wood's X-Men and never had a follow up. At least Selene got lucky and, after coming back in that arc, got to be on Captain America.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #233 Sep 1988
    "Dawn of Blood"
    The X-Men have tracked Harry Palmer -- a man infected with a Brood queen embryo -- to Denver, Colorado
    where they have been tricked into being ambushed by all those he has since changed into Brood.
    In a dead end alleyway, the X-Men are surrounded by partially transformed humans whom
    to their surprise all turn out to be mutants, all part of the Brood's plot to take over the world.
    Palmer sends his minions on the X-Men to capture or kill them. Colossus squares off against a super-strong Brood known as Brickbat.
    While Storm is attacked by a Brood who can extend its limbs named Tension,
    and then has her will submitted by a pheromone emitting Brood named Temptress.

In a panic, Storm uses her powers to escape before she is completely enthralled,
    but she is soon chased after by a flying Brood named Dive-Bomber.
    Havok is about to blast the Brood, but stops short of doing so when he wonders if blasting
    the creature would kill the innocent person whom is the vessel for the Brood creature.
    Meanwhile, Rogue tussles with Temptress and when the Brood touches her bare skin, Rogue absorbs her
    psyche and powers and is under Brood's control, using Temptress's stolen powers to ensnare Psylocke as well.
    As Colossus continues to battle Brickbat, Wolverine finds himself easily bested in battle by
    the possessed Rogue and Psylocke thanks to an assist by paralyzing Brood known as Lockup.
    This leaves Logan open to being infected with an embryo by Palmer, who hopes to track down their leader Storm and infect her with a Brood Queen.

As the battle rages, at the Red Rock's amphitheater, construction is underway for
    Reverend William Conover's Glory Day Crusade that is scheduled to occur that night.
    Among those in attendance is Josey Thomas -- Harry Palmer's partner, who ignores
    calls from her ambulance radio to go to the site of the X-Men's battle against the Brood.
    Meanwhile, William Conover spends the time before his show gazing at the stars and taking in the beauty of God's creation.
    When he is joined by his wife Hannah, they talk about the battle that is happening in downtown Denver and rumors that it's caused by mutants.
    Conover feels bad for mutants, who are like any minority group and that they should not be persecuted and be allowed to live as free as anyone.
    When he notices his wife struggling to pour them tea due to her arthritic hands he wishes that he had some power to heal her affliction.
    While back in Denver, news crews have arrived on the scene and begin filming the battle between Colossus and Brickbat.
    To their surprise, their cameras only pick up images of the Brood warrior and not Colossus.
    However, they continue filming until the battle trashes the news van, cutting off the video feed of the battle.
    While high above, Storm tries to get away from Dive-Bomber, who decides to change his tactics:
    He attacks a passing commercial airliner, prompting Storm to knock him out of the sky
    and then use her powers to save the plane from a disastrous crash, making it land safely at Denver airport.
    This leaves her open for an attack from Dive-Bomber, who knocks her out.

While elsewhere, Madelyne Pryor is caught in a vision where she lives as an angelic free spirit with her husband Scott and their son Nathan.
    When Gateway (having come to investigate the explosion inside the X-Men's base) invades her dream,
    "Scott" changes into costume and blasts him causing him to disappear in a burst of flames. In his place is a featureless woman.

Scott goes to this woman and kisses her, then removes Madelyne's wings and facial features to recreate the featureless woman into Marvel Girl.

He apologizes to his wife, telling her that he loves MG and the two take her son and leave,

leaving the featureless Madelyne in a vast desert alone and abandoned.

While back in Denver, Dive-Bomber and Storm's battle takes them back to the main conflict downtown.
    When Havok realizes Storm's in danger of losing the fight he is forced to use his powers to slay Dive-Bomber.
    At this point, Colossus has just succeeded in beating Brickbat to death as well.
    With these casualties, Palmer orders his Brood minions to pull back, ordering Psylock and Rogue to protect
    Wolverine while he undergoes his transformation into Brood, but vows to pay the X-Men back in blood.
    In the battle's aftermath, Havok watches in horror as the partially transformed Dive-Bomber returns to his human form.
    Mortified that he killed an innocent man, Storm tells Alex that the human side of Dive-Bomber was
    murdered the moment that Palmer infected him with a Brood embryo and what he did was a mercy killing.
    She tells her fellow X-Men that they have to destroy the Brood no matter what otherwise the Earth is doomed.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Marc Silvestri and Dan Green.

Can you guys imagine reading a comic book this good nowadays?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ugh, I like Cyclops but Marvel really likes to make him to do pretty retarded things. specially regarding shipping, after two ruined marriages and an adulterous relationship people still want to keep shipping him with more women.
    I will never understand how stuff like this (even tough i like jott) or the affair with emma can be considered any good, for the characters or relationships.
    It makes him look like a total ******* (which is sad) and fucks over the other characters.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-16-2018 at 09:29 AM.

BANNED

Poor Maddie, I hope she and Scott can be a couple again.
    Unfortunately Maddie was totally ruined so Marvel could push Jean Grey into our throats.
    Scott should never have left the wedding. That was not right.
    Bring back Scott & Maddie, please. By Chris Claremont.
    Scott and Maddie forever. <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Unfortunately Maddie was totally ruined so Marvel could push Jean Grey into our throats.
    Don't forget about Emma. Maddie and Jean were also killed and dumped to prop up scemma.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-16-2018 at 04:34 PM.

double post

BANNED

There's a reason Claremont wrote the scene this way. Originally he wanted Jean to be depowered by Shiar lobotomy and for her to marry Scott, leave the X-Men and live a normal life. Editorial mandated Jean be killed off. So Claremont created Maddie, a woman who looked so like Jean Grey people's first reaction was that she was Jean. When she saw pictures of Jean she thought it was herself. Maddie was created as a replacement for Jean to give Scott a happy ending which never lasts in comics.

So many coincidences linked to some connection to Jean it could not be ignored. Scott and Maddie had a very troubled marriage almost from the start, and Cyclops's mental health issues came out. It was something which just wasn't meant to be. And no, Scott and Maddie will never be a couple again. Editorial doesn't have much use for her.

Jean Grey is a character that has a movie named after her, who is prominently featured in movies, video games, and other media. Maddie Pryor is a derivative character who just doesn't have nearly the same value.

BANNED

Even though I love Scemma, I'm totally in favor of seeing this beautiful family back in the center of the stage.
    They are so cute.
    Everything that happened from X-Factor 01 was just disgusting.
    Claremont was right. Scott should never have left his legitimate wife, Madelyne Pryor. :-(

I really hope that this will happen. :/

"And in today’s The Exterminated #1, Chris Claremont does what he promises. Rewrites continuity. Keeps Scott and Madelyne together, with Nathan."
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...-men-spoilers/

BANNED

Even though I love Scemma, I'm totally in favor of seeing this beautiful family back in the center of the stage.
    They are so cute.
    Everything that happened from X-Factor 01 was just disgusting.
    Claremont was right. Scott should never have left his legitimate wife, Madelyne Pryor. :-(

I really hope that this will happen. :/

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...-men-spoilers/
    You know it won't. Maddie's current status is she is a demon/Secret Wars Goblin Queen. She also tried to kill Cable. Jean married Cyclops and raised Cable in the future. It's Jean who is the star. Maddie is a footnote at best.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    You know it won't. Maddie's current status is she is a demon/Secret Wars Goblin Queen. She also tried to kill Cable. Jean married Cyclops and raised Cable in the future. It's Jean who is the star. Maddie is a footnote at best.
    That Maddie is from an AU. 616 Maddie is just in limbo as a normal resurrected person lol.

And don't mind CuteClops, he just hates Jean. I'd say this isn't the thread to be arguing about Jott honestly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That Maddie is from an AU. 616 Maddie is just in limbo as a normal resurrected person lol.

And don't mind CuteClops, he just hates Jean. I'd say this isn't the thread to be arguing about Jott honestly.
    Isn't this the maddie thread, what's wrong with supporting maddie and Scott together? I really liked them together, CC did a nice job with them before X factor

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Isn't this the maddie thread, what's wrong with supporting maddie and Scott together? I really liked them together, CC did a nice job with them before X factor
    I know, that's why I said it's better not to argue here if you prefer Jott. Would be nice if people didn't use that thread just to bash Jean/Jott though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I know, that's why I said it's better not to argue here if you prefer Jott. Would be nice if people didn't use that thread just to bash Jean/Jott though.
    Supporting Scott and Maddie =/= bashing Jean or Jott

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Supporting Scott and Maddie =/= bashing Jean or Jott
    "Unfortunately Maddie was totally ruined so Marvel could push Jean Grey into our throats."
    "Everything that happened from X-Factor 01 was just disgusting."

Yeah sure. And let's not play dumb, we all know it's true that he just hates Jean/Jott more than anything. Makes no sense to be a hardcore Scemma shipper and at the same time claim that "Scott should never have left his legitimate wife, Madelyne Pryor".

I won't keep arguing about this, the point of my first post here was to warn WallStreeter not to bother with that in the first place(and clarifying that Demon Maddie is an AU version).