Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Isn't this the maddie thread, what's wrong with supporting maddie and Scott together? I really liked them together, CC did a nice job with them before X factor
    I don't care what they think I feel.
    I have nothing against Jean.

One thing, there's no concern in commenting on the hatred against Cyclops, over here, exactly... but don't you dare say that you don't like Jott, or the world will fall on your head.

Getting back to my premise, Maddie don't deserve what the x-office did to her.
    And that's why I'd be so happy to see Maddie and Scott together again, as it should have been: Scott, Maddie and THEIR son.

Last edited by CuteClops; 12-16-2018 at 01:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Isn't this the maddie thread, what's wrong with supporting maddie and Scott together? I really liked them together, CC did a nice job with them before X factor
    For one Maddie is a character outside of Scott. Number two, it would be extremely bad fan fiction to even attempt to reunite them. Cable was raised in the future by Scott and Jean and is an ADULT.

Scott does not want Maddie and left her for Jean. He later raised his son with Jean (genetically Cable is her son). He later left Jean for Emma.

Nothing in this at all suggests that there can be any realistic reunification whatsoever.

There's nothing wrong with liking those issues from when Scott and Maddie had little Nathan 35 years ago. We will see that happen again? No. Deluding one's self is just not happy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That Maddie is from an AU. 616 Maddie is just in limbo as a normal resurrected person lol.

And don't mind CuteClops, he just hates Jean. I'd say this isn't the thread to be arguing about Jott honestly.
    They completely ignored 616 Maddie's resurrection and in two storylines since we've seen demon Goblin Queen Maddie from secret wars. The writers and editorials apparently hated the resurrection in Sisterhood, so they preferred to resurrect again via crossover from alternate reality. It completely sucks, but what can we do?

BANNED

Since Jott never happens again, I don't care if Scott and Maddie don't happen again.
    Maddie and Scott can relate to anyone as long as Jean stays away.
    And I just wish Maddie had a chance to grow up.
    What they did to her to push Jean was totally unfair.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Since Jott never happens again, I don't care if Scott and Maddie don't happen again.
    Maddie and Scott can relate to anyone as long as Jean stays away.
    And I just wish Maddie had a chance to grow up.
    What they did to her to push Jean was totally unfair.
    Because Marvel has no new ideas, Jott has happened again with the o5, is happening again in the Dark Phoenix movie, and will probably happen again in the comics next year upon the return of Cyclops. Emma has already been made a villain again (Hellfire Club Black King). This is not a criticism of your preferences, this is a criticism of Marvel and the refusal for companies to really take characters in new directions for long, for the most part. All they care about is what sells at the height of a characters popularity.

That's really why nothing new will happen with Maddie beyond Goblin Queen stuff, and that's when we rarely see her. Inferno was her biggest storyline, and it has remained the default for her character. Is it bad writing that she cannot grow into something else? Most definitely. But when was the last time we've seen good writing from Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    For one Maddie is a character outside of Scott. Number two, it would be extremely bad fan fiction to even attempt to reunite them. Cable was raised in the future by Scott and Jean and is an ADULT.

Scott does not want Maddie and left her for Jean. He later raised his son with Jean (genetically Cable is her son). He later left Jean for Emma.

Nothing in this at all suggests that there can be any realistic reunification whatsoever.

There's nothing wrong with liking those issues from when Scott and Maddie had little Nathan 35 years ago. We will see that happen again? No. Deluding one's self is just not happy.
    Thats false. Scott didnt leave Maddie for Jean

They completely ignored 616 Maddie's resurrection and in two storylines since we've seen demon Goblin Queen Maddie from secret wars. The writers and editorials apparently hated the resurrection in Sisterhood, so they preferred to resurrect again via crossover from alternate reality. It completely sucks, but what can we do?
    Not entirely true. Hopeless is the one that created the SW Maddie, which is why he used her in All New X-men. The reason Bunn used her in Blue is bc he's friends with Hopeless and that version of Maddie made the most sense as she had history with the teen O5 that the 616 one does not. None of this has anything to do with editorial or the writers hating her

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think Jean or Maddie should have any problem for Cable. All Jean did was adopt and raise a baby who's mother was dead, she didn't try to steal Cable and why would Maddie get mad againts Jean? for taking care of Cable when Maddie was dead?

Also
    lol at Cuteclops all the crap youre throwing at jean is worse on scemma, the irony.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-16-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Jean or Maddie should have any problem for Cable. All Jean did was adopt and raise a baby who's mother was dead, she didn't try to steal Cable and why would Maddie get mad againts Jean? for taking care of Cable when Maddie was dead?

Also
    lol at Cuteclops all the crap youre throwing at jean is worse on emma/scemma, the irony.
    bc she hated Jean with an irrational rage thats not exactly logical. It doesnt make sense for her to still be like that

BANNED

Because Marvel has no new ideas, Jott has happened again with the o5, is happening again in the Dark Phoenix movie, and will probably happen again in the comics next year upon the return of Cyclops. Emma has already been made a villain again (Hellfire Club Black King). This is not a criticism of your preferences, this is a criticism of Marvel and the refusal for companies to really take characters in new directions for long, for the most part. All they care about is what sells at the height of a characters popularity.

That's really why nothing new will happen with Maddie beyond Goblin Queen stuff, and that's when we rarely see her. Inferno was her biggest storyline, and it has remained the default for her character. Is it bad writing that she cannot grow into something else? Most definitely. But when was the last time we've seen good writing from Marvel?
    Yes, don't worry, I hear you, loud and clear, and I totally agree.
    We are talking about characters , which are totally at the mercy of x-editorial.
    But the whole stupid nostalgia thing, it makes me very upset, to say the least.

The x-office seems totally determined to push us into the 1990s, which clearly demonstrates a lack of creativity.

All we have left are failed relationships of lying fairy tales, as well as backtracking decades of development of various characters such as Magneto, Emma, Scott, Cable, Rachel and others.
    Meanwhile, decades later, Maddie's fans continue to be totally ignored.
    I empathise with them totally.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Now Cyclops fans care about Maddie, sure
    weren't some of you (not all) giving her mean names and cursing her existence because of claremont's feud?? I see that on the cyclops thread everytime claremont mentions maddie.
    sure, you totally care about maddie, nothing to do with scemma or bashing Jean. sure
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-16-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Ultimate Member

Maddy would be mad at Scott and Jean as Marvel has done it's best to wipe her out of Cable's life entirely and make it that Jean and not Maddy was his mother and such...in an attempt to whitewash Scott's actions...

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Maddy would be mad at Scott and Jean as Marvel has done it's best to wipe her out of Cable's life entirely and make it that Jean and not Maddy was his mother and such...in an attempt to whitewash Scott's actions...
    The whole thing is such a mess that most of the related retcons seem to be forgotten in regards to the situation. Altogether, its just the result of one poor decision after another. I'm not even sure anyone wants to even attempt an opportunity to fix the mess, if it's even possible at this point.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    The whole thing is such a mess that most of the related retcons seem to be forgotten in regards to the situation. Altogether, its just the result of one poor decision after another. I'm not even sure anyone wants to even attempt an opportunity to fix the mess, if it's even possible at this point.
    Im not sure what there is to fix. That stuff happened 30 years ago and there's no changing history aside from more unnecessary retcons

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not sure what there is to fix. That stuff happened 30 years ago and there's no changing history aside from more unnecessary retcons
    Good point. I don't think anything good will come from any attempts to fix anything.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Well, some worry about stuffs that happened 15 years ago, others worry about retcons from 30 years ago.
    Just like AvX and everything that happened after Secret Wars will never be forgotten. Well, I'll not forget.

Maddie is Scott's legitimate wife, and Nathan's mother. Both were cruelly stolen from her.