Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Madelyne Pryor: Red Queen Appreciation 2018

Wood's Sisterhood storyline ended where Fraction's Sisterhood storyline should have ended, with the return of Maddie Pryor. Looking forward to seeing her expand the Sisterhood. Would love to see her meet teen Jean.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Title should be change to :Queen's Of The Slacks" lol. Can't wait to see more Maddie. Things I hope to come

Summoning Goblins to do her bidding
    A confrontation with Cyclops, Jean Grey (Young), and the rest o Scott's X-Men
    A team up with Jean and herself
    A run in with Cable's X-Force. The issue ends with Maddie slapping Nathan and walking away. Catty chit chat between Betsy and her
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I'm not sure I can decide who I want facing Wood's X-Men team first, Maddie or Selene, Red or Black Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Title should be change to :Queen's Of The Slacks" lol. Can't wait to see more Maddie. Things I hope to come

Summoning Goblins to do her bidding
    A confrontation with Cyclops, Jean Grey (Young), and the rest o Scott's X-Men
    A team up with Jean and herself
    A run in with Cable's X-Force. The issue ends with Maddie slapping Nathan and walking away. Catty chit chat between Betsy and her
    A team-up with which Jean?

I'd like to see Madelyne back in a flight suit and a plane, because that's when she was happy. She only became a villain because of Scott, and it's time Marvel let her get past him and move on. Madelyne and adult Beast now have something in common: They both got a hatchet job from the Marvel PTB for drawing attention to Scott's flaws. Maddie was turned into the Goblin Queen to whitewash Scott's abandonment of his family, and now adult Hank is being trashed for trying to oppose adult Cyke's villainy.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post

I'd like to see Madelyne back in a flight suit and a plane, because that's when she was happy. She only became a villain because of Scott, and it's time Marvel let her get past him and move on. Madelyne and adult Beast now have something in common: They both got a hatchet job from the Marvel PTB for drawing attention to Scott's flaws. Maddie was turned into the Goblin Queen to whitewash Scott's abandonment of his family, and now adult Hank is being trashed for trying to oppose adult Cyke's villainy.
    Like the Maddie love but don't agree with the reasoning. Beast's on his own path to do with his own issues. Don't think Scott's as relevant to his reasoning as McCoy thinks he is - the guy's just transference for Beast's nervous breakdown. I just hope they don't turn him bad or kill him. Maddie going bad was nothing to do with Scott and everything to do with Jean. If Marvel had been happy to let Jean stay dead then the abandonment plot would never have been written in in the first place. She had to go bad to contrast with Jean who was the one who got whitewashed when they stopped her being Dark Phoenix. Must be a limit on how many powerful redheads are allowed in the 616 on the side the angels. Maddie and Scott and their marriage got thrown under the bus so Jean Grey could come back a hero and have Scott as her good conduct prize and as they couldn't have Jean being a homewrecker they made Maddie carry the can.

Used to mind what they'd done to Maddie but she's such a good villain these days I just want to watch her cut loose and kick ass. Villains with a connection to the heroes always work better than ones that don't.

Well, first, beast is a "hero", and cyclops is a "villain" for drawing attention to wolverine's flaws; and like other poster said above, jean is more to blame than scott, he left her after jean was whitewashed and resurrected.

And, second, i would like to see a team-up with xorn, the old young jean from the future.

BANNED

It's not really fair to say that Maddie was ruined by Jean coming back. At the beginning she was intended as nothing more than a complete cipher, a consolation Jean for Scott to bed and live happily ever after with in comic book limbo. The irony is that the story meant to write her out turned her from a mostly forgettable character into the centerpiece of one of the defining moments of X-Men lore, and probably the single most tragic figure of the whole lot. It's perhaps emblematic of the comic book industry that they came up with such an emotionally riveting story entirely by accident, yet fail miserably whenever they try to do it on purpose.

The books haven't managed to do much with her character the last few times that she's appeared, and I doubt that we'll ever get a satisfying resolution to her arc, not with the story focused squarely on Scott running around acting like a clueless putz and being showered with praise for it. And I think that a lot of people just see her Goblin Queen costume and misinterpret her character as being a generic femme fatale type when that is hardly the case and there are plenty of others to throw into that kind of rather forgettable role. Beyond that, there's also a tendency to simplify her conflict with Jean as two broads fighting over a man, which is not really what it was about either.

I really like Maddie as a villain. While she probably was turned into a villain to make Scott seem like less of a douchebag I think in story there's a good reasoning for her becoming a villain since first she lost her husband to his ex returned to life, then she lost her son and on top of that she found out that everything about her life was a lie and that she was just a clone of the woman her husband dumped her for. So that crushed her and then demons manipulated her until she broke and went insane. It makes her a sort of tragic villain even if she is "evil". And now they could depict her as loathing X-Men and Jean and Scott especially along with Sinister for the fact that her life is what it is. Or she could screw with anyone and everyone because she doesn't care about anything. Though her possibly having motherly feelings towards Cable and caring for him as her son could be interesting.

The way she's depicted probably would depend on what appearances writers consider to have been real Maddie. Like has this real Maddie been dead ever since Inferno and Maddies that worked with X-Man and Sisterhood were both impostors or was it really her in both of those cases. And now that she's back it could be nice if they'd explore more how Cyke was a dick when he left his wife (and son) for his ex and that we might see other characters sympathizing with Maddie because of that. But if they don't I'm okay with that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    I really like Maddie as a villain. While she probably was turned into a villain to make Scott seem like less of a douchebag I think in story there's a good reasoning for her becoming a villain since first she lost her husband to his ex returned to life, then she lost her son and on top of that she found out that everything about her life was a lie and that she was just a clone of the woman her husband dumped her for. So that crushed her and then demons manipulated her until she broke and went insane. It makes her a sort of tragic villain even if she is "evil".
    I agree. I love Maddie in the beggining, being the wife, then the mother, a strong woman and then suddenly left alone. How I hate(d) Scott. She gave birth to their child alone, at home, and almost died. Where was her husband? And then he didn't have the guts to stay at her side. Just up and left. She went through so much. She might have hated the X-Men from the beginning but she stayed with them, even through the Fall of Mutants. I liked her and Alex, and I certainly loved her in Mutant X. She's been through so much. And she deserves a good storyline, not just being the shadow of herself. We'll see if it's explored.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I feel the best way for Maddie would be confronting Scott. She doesn't have to put her life on hold either. Furthermore I don't think Madelyn will ever go back to such a simple life. A novel idea, but unlikely.
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

And this is my own fanart for Maddie:

Last edited by darkalamator; 05-04-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

She's probably one of the few people I feel the most sorry for due to executive meddling.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    And this is my own fanart for Maddie:

That's gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I feel the best way for Maddie would be confronting Scott. She doesn't have to put her life on hold either. Furthermore I don't think Madelyn will ever go back to such a simple life. A novel idea, but unlikely.
    I want her to team up with Emma and get their revenge on Scott. Both of them were totally humiliated by him, and he got away with it.

BANNED

The women who til this day hasn't been given any justice.