Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Nic it might be like people from different ethnic groups have trouble telling people from another one apart, whose to say all red head earth women don't look like Jean to Lilandra. As for why use Maddy? I find myself scratching my head at numerous Marvel decisions these days. To be cynical I would say sales, using Maddy would generate more buzz and purchases than some random Limbo demon girl. It got me to purchase the issues and I haven't been following New X-Men (also got the Apolcalypse crossover) but won't again until she returns.
    Then what about this:

"Have I gone mad... But dad and Alex see it, too!
    Her voice... Her face... it can't be! It's impossible!"

Last edited by niconico00; 01-20-2017 at 08:35 AM.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

BANNED

Nic it might be like people from different ethnic groups have trouble telling people from another one apart, whose to say all red head earth women don't look like Jean to Lilandra. As for why use Maddy? I find myself scratching my head at numerous Marvel decisions these days. To be cynical I would say sales, using Maddy would generate more buzz and purchases than some random Limbo demon girl. It got me to purchase the issues and I haven't been following New X-Men (also got the Apolcalypse crossover) but won't again until she returns.
    Not only will Maddie generate more buzz, but with Jeen getting her own series and returning to lead X-Men blue, there's certainly potential conflict between Jeen and Maddie coming up. I don't know what version of Maddie Bunn would use in X-Men: Blue, because 616 Maddie came back in the Sisterhood storyline, and this Maddie is the Secret Wars Maddie.

Ultimate Member

I think that it would be cool to have the 616 Maddy around, not as a villain but someone that has her own agenda but helps the X-men when she can and is a bit on the sexier side than obviously teen Jean would be...

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that it would be cool to have the 616 Maddy around, not as a villain but someone that has her own agenda but helps the X-men when she can and is a bit on the sexier side than obviously teen Jean would be...
    I agree. If Jean can't leave the X-men realm behind, I see no reason why Maddy can't. Just imagine the possibilities.

LOL....its not the same. Jean and Maddie are clones. They share the same DNA and look exactly the same. Its not simply the fact that they are two red heads. Lilandra wouldnt go around accusing Black Widow or Mary Jane for being Phoenix reincarnated for example

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Then what about this:
    and this. Even Madelyne thought the picture of Jean looked like her when she first saw it

The only differentiating physical characteristic between Jean and Maddie was their hairstyle but even that was lost when Maddie grew it out under Silvesri
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-20-2017 at 04:20 PM.

BANNED

Fact... In the beginning few (including us fans) could differentiate Madelyne from Jean.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-21-2017 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

I love Maddie. She's her own character. Even though she's a clone, I always imagined her more like an identical twin sister to Jean.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

How about a quick, informal poll? Would you rather have Maddy play a hero, or a villain?

BANNED

I'd love it if Madelyne was to Jean what Strife was to Cable

Ultimate Member

I'd rather Maddy not be a villain because then it just helps to kind of cleanse Scott's actions by making her look worse and worse...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd rather Maddy not be a villain because then it just helps to kind of cleanse Scott's actions by making her look worse and worse...
    She doesn't have to be a villain -- she just needs to be the mirror image of Jean...

Ultimate Member

I'd just fear them trying to push Maddy into that role by making her the result of Jean's darker side, as a warning of what Jean doesn't want to become...

I want Pryor to join an X-Men team, and sort of take on Jean Grey's role. Maybe she could be on a team with Emma Frost and Havok. Cyclops's brother, his ex-girlfriend, and his ex-wife all on one team. That would be an interesting team. Even without Emma Frost and Havok, I want Pryor to join an X-Men team. With Jean Grey still dead, and the young Jean Grey being a teenager, Pryor being on an X-Men team would be kind of like having Jean Grey back...but also at the same time Pryor would be a new character to join the X-Men, and it would be a whole lot of fun with all the stories that could be told with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Batman View Post
    I want Pryor to join an X-Men team, and sort of take on Jean Grey's role. Maybe she could be on a team with Emma Frost and Havok. Cyclops's brother, his ex-girlfriend, and his ex-wife all on one team. That would be an interesting team. Even without Emma Frost and Havok, I want Pryor to join an X-Men team. With Jean Grey still dead, and the young Jean Grey being a teenager, Pryor being on an X-Men team would be kind of like having Jean Grey back...but also at the same time Pryor would be a new character to join the X-Men, and it would be a whole lot of fun with all the stories that could be told with her.
    That's actually interesting. But with which power set? Goblin Queen? Or just TP/TK?
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Batman View Post
    No, just no. Madelyne is not Jean Grey and cant take her place. It actually does her a disservice to look at her and treat her as a substitute Jean. It was my biggest problem about her and why I hated the character when she was introduced. If she were to ever return it should be about developing her as her own character separate from Jean ad not just fit her into a position that Jean may have naturally been in had she been alive. Besides for all intents and purposes Jean is back via the teen. Marvel most definitely is making her into a bigger and more important deal than the adult had been since maybe the 80s