Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I must agree that Maddie got screwed over by Jean's editorially mandated return and Scott helping to form X-Factor. Having said that, I simply can't buy that Claremont introduced someone who looked JUST LIKE JEAN for Scott to fall in love with soon after Jean's death and Maddie WASN'T there for a nefarious purpose from the start.

It was also sad that she became this hypersexualized, infanticidal, evil character... though she did look hot as the Goblyn Queen, I must confess.

I'm glad she's a bit more tasteful in her attire these days. Can't wait for her to encounter Jeen.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I want Maddie to team up with N'astirh as the hellfire clubs red queen and try to claim Limbo from Magic.
    Magik absorbed all of Limbo including Nastirh so there is no Limbo for anyone to claim or fight over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I must agree that Maddie got screwed over by Jean's editorially mandated return and Scott helping to form X-Factor. Having said that, I simply can't buy that Claremont introduced someone who looked JUST LIKE JEAN for Scott to fall in love with soon after Jean's death and Maddie WASN'T there for a nefarious purpose from the start.

It was also sad that she became this hypersexualized, infanticidal, evil character... though she did look hot as the Goblyn Queen, I must confess.

I'm glad she's a bit more tasteful in her attire these days. Can't wait for her to encounter Jeen.
    I too would love to see her meet Jeen. Maybe Maddie can lead the Sisterhood on an attack of the New Xavier School.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm glad she's a bit more tasteful in her attire these days.
    https://4colorfashion.files.wordpres...-kris-anka.jpg
    Tasteful attire? I would say fashion faux pas.

Now this is pure perfection:

Added bonus: Royal Kirby gown

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Magik absorbed all of Limbo including Nastirh so there is no Limbo for anyone to claim or fight over.
    It doesn't mean that someone can't invade her mind, body and soul and conquer Limbo. Fiction is a very powerful thing, esp when it comes to Limbo and it's ways.

I thought Red Queen was an evil Jean Grey from another reality.

BANNED

Yes, she was.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post

That look was spectacular! God I hope Maddie ditched those awful Anka threads and put on something like that while she is currently off-panel building a new uprising Sisterhood!

I also loved her look in the Fraction era, even under Land's pencils.

Was that even Maddie though? Some people have said the Red Queen persona was a different entity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    That look was spectacular! God I hope Maddie ditched those awful Anka threads and put on something like that while she is currently off-panel building a new uprising Sisterhood!

I also loved her look in the Fraction era, even under Land's pencils.

Was that even Maddie though? Some people have said the Red Queen persona was a different entity.
    Yes, as Wood wrote Maddie's resurrection in the second Sisterhood storyline, she's the Red Queen. The Red Queen was the psionic ghost of Maddie. Maddie thanked Akrea for designing a new body for her (Arkea took Jean Grey dna and modified Ana Cortes corpse so she had a body that genetically resembled Jean's). The official handbook of the Marvel Universe said the Red Queen during Fraction's run was Maddie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post

Added bonus: Royal Kirby gown

It doesn't mean that someone can't invade her mind, body and soul and conquer Limbo. Fiction is a very powerful thing, esp when it comes to Limbo and it's ways.
    Maddie doesn't need Limbo she's been the protege of Selene and learned a lot more about what's out there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    A team-up with which Jean?

I'd like to see Madelyne back in a flight suit and a plane, because that's when she was happy. She only became a villain because of Scott, and it's time Marvel let her get past him and move on. Madelyne and adult Beast now have something in common: They both got a hatchet job from the Marvel PTB for drawing attention to Scott's flaws. Maddie was turned into the Goblin Queen to whitewash Scott's abandonment of his family, and now adult Hank is being trashed for trying to oppose adult Cyke's villainy.
    This post tells the truth.

o

BANNED

Maddie deserves to move on from all the crap she went through and live her own life away from cyke and the rest of the X Men, hope editorial allows it

Ultimate Member

Maddie. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at Marvel when that crap was discussed:

"Hey, we kind of made our big hero look like a selfish jerk for walking out on his wife/kid. What are we going to do about that, we want people to like him?"

"Umm, oh I know, the wife is evil."

"Won't that come across as really forced?"

"Good point. Let's say that she was ALWAYS evil, was being manipulative the whole time, and that there's zero chance of her being redeemed."

"Genius. No one would EVER call bullcrap on that explanation."

Yeah, it sucked. Also, does anyone else notice that whenever female character "go bad" then start wearing less clothing, but when male characters do the same, they usually end up wearing more? Seriously, that Goblin Queen outfit is just godawful.

Ultimate Member

I think that part of why Maddy started to wear less and be more sexy is to contrast her to the saint like Jean, but I wouldn't have a problem with Maddy being her own character and not evil...she and Revanche...